Letter from Peter De Rauch

Remove this Banner Ad

This is more a team crisis than a club crisis. Off the field we're going well. The heat's on simply because Brad has alienated both major factions amongst the supporter base and it's reflected on this board.

None of us are happy!

He's alienated the rebuild faction by stubbornly playing a cluster of senior blokes who routinely fail to perform rather than playing the untried talent. He's also alienated the other grouping - the we can't rebuild because if we go to the bottom it will all to turn to s**t faction - who believed that with the addition of 5 tried blokes from other clubs we were finals bound, some confidently predicting top 4 no less! Where the Board deserves some heat, is placing so much authority and faith in a first time coach who's best home and away result over 9 years is 6th. I'm not sure a strong club would have allowed that to happen.

This is more a team crisis than a club crisis. Off the field we're going well. The heat's on simply because Brad has alienated both major factions amongst the supporter base and it's reflected on this board.

None of us are happy!

He's alienated the rebuild faction by stubbornly playing a cluster of senior blokes who routinely fail to perform rather than playing the untried talent. He's also alienated the other grouping - the we can't rebuild because if we go to the bottom it will all to turn to s**t faction - who believed that with the addition of 5 tried blokes from other clubs we were finals bound, some confidently predicting top 4 no less! Where the Board deserves some heat, is placing so much authority and faith in a first time coach who's best home and away result over 9 years is 6th. I'm not sure a strong club would have allowed that to happen.

Some of us thought that Scotts finally had "clear air' to do his own thing this year.

He had a good list that finally covered our long term outside weaknesses and had coached finals and shown he could win them. People who supported him and people who wanted him gone and told us so both thought he had a top 4 list.

Its unfortunate for him that this year has turned out so badly but this time he really only has himself to blame.

Listened to Peter on SEN and he came across as an old whinger, harking back to the 70's...... The club is very well run, and is not the problem. Our recruiting is the first place that needs to be examined, as is player development. Peter said he doesn't want to be involved again (but in the same breathe was happy to give "advice" and "support" to a board member)who he approved of? The kind of divisive, factionous activity that nearly saw us relocated. I'm proud of my club, the direction the board has set and who we want to be in the future. I'm disappointed in the way we are playing currently and how our kids seem to be developing. But Peter is off the mark.

Peter is a great North man. Has put his hand in his pocket for the club many times and big bucks. His blood runs blue and white. I have a lot of love and respect for the man. But he is not the only supporter with big pockets that the club has pissed off. Characters come and go and sometimes the breakup goes two ways. Whilst Peter (and others) are disenfranchised with the club it is never too late. The club would do well to work out a way to bring some of these people back into the fold. Should Peter be a board prospect again? Don't know really. Probably a better role for him somewhere within. I'm not laying blame for this situation either way because I am sure there are faults both sides but we need people like Peter supporting our club.

How did the club piss him off? I heard he had arguments with Ron Joseph, Graham Duff and JB at different times.

This is me as
Listened to Peter on SEN and he came across as an old whinger, harking back to the 70's...... The club is very well run, and is not the problem. Our recruiting is the first place that needs to be examined, as is player development. Peter said he doesn't want to be involved again (but in the same breathe was happy to give "advice" and "support" to a board member)who he approved of? The kind of divisive, factionous activity that nearly saw us relocated. I'm proud of my club, the direction the board has set and who we want to be in the future. I'm disappointed in the way we are playing currently and how our kids seem to be developing. But Peter is off the mark.

well but I have one big question;

What is the boards position on the number of games in Tassie and any further Tassie strategy?

I want transparency on this issue

Then I would vote accordingly

De Rauch's interview on SEN the other day was very disappointing. Came across like a grumpy old man who just wanted things like they were 20 years ago. Failed to make a convincing argument about any on or off field issue. Look elsewhere.
His heart was in the right place, but his delivery was poor. Lazy interviewing by SEN too.

How did the club piss him off? I heard he had arguments with Ron Joseph, Graham Duff and JB at different times.
I've heard plenty of stories from both sides and it doesn't really matter now. Time to kiss and make up. One thing we should do is look after and value people who can contribute at that level Peter has and still can. If we don't have the right people high up who can embrace wealthy supporters and work out a way to get our hands in the their pockets, then go employ someone who can shmooze at that level. I stress again that this can go both ways and I know both sides probably need to learn how to compromise, but its time to get Peter (and the like) back into the fold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back