Lets Talk Yankees

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting comment on the baseball today podcast:

The Yankees infield on the DL for opening day is going to be worth 65.5 million, that's more than the Rays team on the field will roughly cost.

And another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust.

Phil Hughes joins the list of Yankee guys on the DL. Has a bad back, dunno how long he will be out.

And on a salary note, A-Fraud will make more money this season sitting on his butt than the entire Houston Astro team (29 m to 25 m). We'll see in another 3 or 4 ears if youth will be served in Houston.

Need to offload A-Rod immediately and try and get Trout or Hamilton. Could be looking at another 80s Don Mattingly-styled lean period otherwise...

So what are we going to do this offseason.

We must do 2 things IMO.
1) Sign Cano, negotiate him down in years. Price isnt a great issue but 10 years is a no no.
2) Get younger and better.

Texieria comes back next year which helps out at 1st base. Im happy with and Outfield of Sorriano Gardner and Ichiro with Mesa and Almonte pushing through.
I like Romine behind the plate with Stewart as a back up. Which leaves us needing a Short Stop and Third Base. Jeter now Dh's for mine.

Pitching is a must as well.
CC is the only ace, with questions over Pineda Nova Phelps and Kuroda, and the Bullpen is also a joke. I would love to see betances and banuelos given a chance to have a full season in the bigs.

I like Robertson as the Set Up man so a Closer is needed aas well.

I also think its time to say thanks for the memories to Joba and Phil.

All in all its a big off season

Get Kershaw from the Dodgers.

Worst Yankees season in my recent memory, reminds me of the Rickey Henderson late 80s era...

Get Kershaw from the Dodgers.

Worst Yankees season in my recent memory, reminds me of the Rickey Henderson late 80s era...

Considering the side they had and what was expected of them, I actually think they did pretty well this year.

Cant say i am overly happy with the Yankees offseason so far.
Cano > Beltran & Ellsbury.

We needed pitching not outfielders. We already have Gardner Ichiro Soriano plus young guns Almonte and Mesa

Well done to Jeter, think we can now lock in what year he enters the hall of fame which is this year plus 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big off season for the Yanks coming up.

Huge question marks at
2nd, 3rd, Short, Right and the make up of the rotation. A few of the Young Guys have done a nice job.

If it was me, i would take the early 90s approach and develop young talent of our own. Making the big splashes have yielded only 1 title.

Bump.....

Many Yankees fans on here? Big last half of the season required just to make the playoffs. Got a good side but so many players out of form. Been so mediocre since the start of June after a sensational start.
Yeah I'm still here. I predicted us to be close to bottom of the div this year so the start definitely surprised me. In a bit of a flat spot ATM and with a bit of luck could grab a WC spot. Pitching is still a major concern and we wont go anywhere until it's rectified

Yeah I'm still here. I predicted us to be close to bottom of the div this year so the start definitely surprised me. In a bit of a flat spot ATM and with a bit of luck could grab a WC spot. Pitching is still a major concern and we wont go anywhere until it's rectified

That was a s**t result. Horrible pitching at the death cost us again.

Bump.....

Many Yankees fans on here? Big last half of the season required just to make the playoffs. Got a good side but so many players out of form. Been so mediocre since the start of June after a sensational start.
Who are these "many players out of form" of which you speak?

If anything Judge and Sanchez have overachieved since they got called up, they were never top 10 type prospects but are playing like it now.

Judge's batting average is due some regression, others need to do some heavy lifting to make up for it.

Holiday and Ellsbury are old.

If anything Judge and Sanchez have overachieved since they got called up, they were never top 10 type prospects but are playing like it now.

Judge's batting average is due some regression, others need to do some heavy lifting to make up for it.

You can only go on current form. Has Judge over achieved or has he shown his potential? If you judge the season based on preseason expectations, sure we have found some gems and may have over achieved. But in a competition where there is 162 games in a season, expectations need to evolve. You don't reach 38-22 as a fluke. to have a record of 12-23 in the last month isn't good no matter how it's spun. Sure Judge is due to regress a bit but he wasn't the sole reason the Yankees were so dominant. The pitching has gone down hill and our overall batting regressed since that impressive start. The Yankees are a young side overall with some holes in the squad so I guess inconsistency is to be expected.

Need to move Ellsburys contract. He and a prospect or two.Maybe McKinney with Cessa to either SF or Det for Samardzjia or Verlander respectively.

I have hope to make the wild card, although we have blown too many games in the Bull pen/Managerial recently.

Love the recent White Sox trade however to strengthen that

Betances and Chapman are horrbily out of form

Need to move Ellsburys contract. He and a prospect or two.Maybe McKinney with Cessa to either SF or Det for Samardzjia or Verlander respectively.

I have hope to make the wild card, although we have blown too many games in the Bull pen/Managerial recently.

Love the recent White Sox trade however to strengthen that
Tigers are trying to get rid of contracts, no way they take Ellsbury, his contract is pretty much unmovable, who would want that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back