Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

And we bounced back with a good win.

First half had shades of 15/16 to it, though we did look a bit flat in the 2nd half, but thankfully, we managed to hold on!

I'm so glad that Choudhury got his big debut, and what a way to do so; 2-1 up, Spurs thereateneing, all hands on deck. Looked pretty composed out there! What a gutsy decision, but all for the benefit of youth. Personally, I think Chilwell has got more attacking spunk that Fuchs, but if he picks into Fuchs brain, I can't see any reason why he can't pick up the defending side of things. He needs regular gametime to be something. As Fuchs successor, he needs to do everything in his power to show that the torch is well and truly passed on.

I'm seeing very notable improvements in N'Didi ever since Puel came on. Seems to have improved on the passing side of tings. Iborra has been a good influence. I don't know about you, but I think combined with Silva, we'll have constant talent in that midfield for the full 90, and that will only serve to make sure we remain a constant attacking thereat. Let's face it, we're not build for sitting back, we're built for attack. To see us not at least try to counter City on the corners is unacceptable. We need to embrace what we have.

Need I say anything about the goals? Worldies!

Next for games are Burnley, Newcastle, Soton, and Palace. A great time to be getting some points and chase that top 8! No slacking off now!

Well now we're cooking on gas!

Back to back away wins, with 7 goals scored. Attacking football! Been bloody great to watch. Palace at home on the weekend and we really should be getting another 3 points.

King had a good game today but the goal they scored - why did he not kick at it with his left foot? Would have reached it easily, instead he goes at it with his right foot and misses it. Should have done better with that.

Indeed it has. To think we've played this possession game with the team we had? Crazy!

Who said Puel is boring, this is some awesome stuff! Shades of 15/16 in this.

That goal was a bit annoying, and if not for Kasper, the game could've really turned into a game of struggle (I never got to see the 4-3 Wolves games live (though I am aware of it and the circumstances), but that did seem to be in the minds of many. Could've easily become that.)

Thankfully, it didn't go there. We've got Palace next. Let's get the last set of three points there, and really push for 4th. We do have some tricky fixtures after that (City home (Cup), United home, Watford away, Liverpool away), so let's put away Palace.

We've got to rotate and manage the squad the best we can until we get Silva (Time does fly, doesn't it?). Today was a big win for our squad rotation. Let's hope we can continue to manage well while getting in the good points.

We got a huge break when Austin missed that sitter. Instead of 3-2, we went up the other end and made it 4-1. Nice for us to be the clinical team.

Yep, 3 points against Palace is a must. Not too worried about Watford but United/Liverpool concern me. I'm not even worried about the League cup, good luck beating City at the moment...

Can't wait to see Silva line up. Only 16 more days Adrien...

Reminds me of the Chelsea game, the context of the game can change in just a matter of seconds and missed opportunities. (Darn it Slimani... speaking of, it sounds like he might be on his way.)

Liverpool could have potential to be a high scoring bloodbath, and at Ainfield too. Wouldn't surprise me to see at least 5 goals total in that game. United... I don't know what to really expect with them. It will be very tough, but I have no idea how the teams will even play this one given what has happened the last few games. City in the League Cup... you'd think City should win with their form, but with the desire for silverware of any kind (from what I've heard, especially with the Checkatrade), I get the feeling we might see a somewhat strong team for this tie. Who knows, something incredibly wacky could happen there.

vlcsnap-2014-03-05-21h14m46s76.png

We have been a bit weaker in the 2nd half in recent games, hopefully with his arrival, we might just have a team that can handle all conditions for the full 90!

So Puel has to be sacked right Fryer Tuck ? 5-0 to Palace?! Come on now...
8-0 collectively to Palace, that is horrible.

Let's be frank, in reality, even after the 5-1 loss to City, we had, in our runup in the Battle For Europa:
Stoke (H)
Bournemouth (H)
West Brom (A)
Brighton (A)
Newcastle (H)
Burnley (A)
Soton (H)
Palace (A)
West Ham (H)

We have collected 8 points out of the 8 we have played, with not a single win at home.

At this point in time, I'm not sure what to think. I thought Puel had a viable Plan B, but then Wes and Simpson come back into the side at the earliest opportunity, and then the team in general seem to be aimless. Possession means jack if you're not doing anything with it.

I don't know exactly what the plan is, and it seems like there is a lot of player power going on. We're going to finish Top 10, which is a throwback to the O'Neill Days, and which to us was the expectation, but it will be seen as a really massively missed chance. The fact that a Big Sam lead Everton could catch up and overtake us is really disappointing.

I would love to go for Rafa, but he'd be crazy to leave for us, and at the same time, we're at risk of becoming a 'revolving door club.' Something's gotta give, but I'm not sure what it is.

I'm guessing you want Puel out. Who should we get in, what should he bring, and what to do with those players?

Can't be bothered watching it at the moment...knew we'd lose to West Ham.

God knows what Arse and Spurs will do to us haha.

Rafa for manager please!!!!

But apparently we have a major hard on for Wagner of Huddersfield...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't be bothered watching it at the moment...knew we'd lose to West Ham.

God knows what Arse and Spurs will do to us haha.

Rafa for manager please!!!!

But apparently we have a major hard on for Wagner of Huddersfield...
Rafa would be amazing but don't see him coming here.

Wagner would be an interesting choice. Seems more likely if Huddersfield gets relegated as well.

Rafa would be amazing but don't see him coming here.

Wagner would be an interesting choice. Seems more likely if Huddersfield gets relegated as well.

We should break the bank for Rafa I reckon...but breaking the bank has never been the Thais style.

Think Wagner could well happen..supposedly Rudkin's first choice pre the Shakey appointment and even more likely if Huddersfield go down. Bloke has proven he's quite a loyal guy though, so who knows?

Think we need the strong alpha character back to whip our boys into action, seriously believe Rafa is perfect for us.

Done wonders with Newcastle on a shoestring budget, will have far more money to spend with us and will demand respect from the players.

Should get at all costs, if we pay 20 odd million for Adrien Silva we can break the bank for Rafa.

We should break the bank for Rafa I reckon...but breaking the bank has never been the Thais style.

Think Wagner could well happen..supposedly Rudkin's first choice pre the Shakey appointment and even more likely if Huddersfield go down. Bloke has proven he's quite a loyal guy though, so who knows?

Think we need the strong alpha character back to whip our boys into action, seriously believe Rafa is perfect for us.

Done wonders with Newcastle on a shoestring budget, will have far more money to spend with us and will demand respect from the players.

Should get at all costs, if we pay 20 odd million for Adrien Silva we can break the bank for Rafa.

Speaking of blokes that should be ditched... how is he still here?! Good god.

Rafa by far would be a great pick, but I doubt he'd be interested.

Wagner... not really feeling it, but we'll see.

2-0 loss to West Ham at home.

The end of this season has been the pits.

In much more exciting news, I'm heading over to England in September this year!

Sweet! Planning to try get a ticket to a game? What's the plan?

Speaking of blokes that should be ditched... how is he still here?! Good god.

Rafa by far would be a great pick, but I doubt he'd be interested.

Wagner... not really feeling it, but we'll see.

Sweet! Planning to try get a ticket to a game? What's the plan?

Rudkin's like a cockroach, nothing kills the guy.

So jealous if you get to see a game Jatz.

Well s**t lads, who of us was expecting to wake up to a 3-1 win!? haha

Certainly not me. I missed the first half but saw the second. Was pleasantly surprised to see the application the players had.

Good performance against Spurs please. Would be good to finish the season on a high.

How did we look?

Wasn't able to watch as my Mac decided to die yesterday, woke up 30 minutes ago and greeted me with a very pleasant scoreline though!

It's the right move but this saddens me.

Scored some crucial goals for us. The one at the Lane was possibly the winner that helped us believe we could actually win the league.

Then there's this haha.

What a gun. Came at the right time. Helped us do the Great Escape, which made the title possible. To think he was on a blooming hattrick against City, the one where everyone thought we were legit.

Such a shame, but it is time to move on. Hope he can teach the young'uns how to defend!

We've officially signed on with Adidas, as of June 1. Can pre order jerseys but won't be available until July 1.

Unsurprisingly (and awesomely), our whole range is getting a face lift.

Yeah, we knew this was coming.

img_4384-2.thumb.jpg.bb8bba953b45692264a41de0c1e817c0.jpg

I'm getting some Chelsea vibes from this. Then again, it was to be expected!

I get the Chelsea feel but I absolutely love it. Will blow a lot of money on kits and training wear when I'm over there later this year.

Also, did you see Pereira looks like being done?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...s/ricardo-pereira-leicester-city-deal-1578716

Excited by this, about bloody time we got another right-back.

Lightning quick and skills look good, seems bloody lightweight though which is the only reservation I have.

Hoping we grab Alfie Mawson and not against Johnny Evans..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back