Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

That's fair enough. But quite frankly, he better be coming soon.

Concerning performances. I know MK and Wolves are further along their pre-season, but geez, the result seems to be our 2nds are not pushing our first XI, and our 1st XI are playing the same old tactics.

Drinkwater needs to stop hoofing. Chop and change deliveries, keep it fresh. Vardy will open doors for others to get forward.

Saw the pics. Think it's a done one tonight. Number 8 by the sounds of things.

Still need a RB and a creative midfielder.

That Burton result... sigh. On the bright side, the last time we had a pre-season this bad, we ended up winning the Championship.

Saw the pics. Think it's a done one tonight. Number 8 by the sounds of things.

Still need a RB and a creative midfielder.

That Burton result... sigh. On the bright side, the last time we had a pre-season this bad, we ended up winning the Championship.
What pics?

Definitely need both of those. Doubt we get either though. Shakey mentioned we were still trying for a CB I think.

Haven't seen the game but our pre season has been very ordinary.

What pics?

Definitely need both of those. Doubt we get either though. Shakey mentioned we were still trying for a CB I think.

Haven't seen the game but our pre season has been very ordinary.

Here you are: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/08/0...-iheanacho-medical-arrival-at-leicester-city/

The two sources are extremely reliable for Nigerian content. Covered Musa and Ndidi perfectly.

Another young solid ball playing CB will be awesome. Maguire looks the goods, and if we can get another one, we're on the way to a good young team!

Performances haven't been too encouraging. That said, it sounded like we dominated the 2nd half, but just couldn't convert.

As noted, we did with the Championship the last time we had a season this poor, but the signs are not encouraging, especially knowing we're going to Arsenal first up, and they look in good nick.

We've got one more against Borussia coming up. Hopefully we'll end on a good note at least.

Yeah would love another good young CB. Shame that Liam Moore never came on.

Yeah I'm not too stressed just yet. When's our game against Borussia on?

Also, did you see we rejected 7m from Derby for Tom Lawrence? Hope we hold onto him, I like Tom.

I know. He was so good in the Championship, but then just couldn't match in the PL. Ah well, Huth has been great, but its time that we move on to the next gen.

Oh cool, the site automatically converts the time to our time zone! That's tomorrow... at 4:40am... yeah, safe to say we won't be up for that one.

I like him too... but I just never know if he's on the verge of leaving, or if there are plans for him. He knows how to kill it in the Championship, and he always seems to perform for everyone else but us. He has something, I would love for him to get that chance and show us that he can fill some gaps! The best feeling is when someone in your club performs well enough to not splash the cash, especially in this day and age.

Pretty good article. Give the fella constant game time and watch him develop. I hope he bonds well with Vardy, learns a few tricks, and be that 2nd striker that we have dreamed off, someone that links the play and gives the goals.

I made a few notes about Kelechi in the poddy, especially in regards to what the buyout and Man City expectations are (buyout is 37.5m, but that goes up to 50m if we make Champions League within 3 years. It shows to me City don't want him back unless he proves himself a serious matchwinner.)

Hopefully we get this done, and we can have an awesome team and season!

More links to Chris Smalling lads...
Its said that Man United are only after 15 mil for him and christ if thats true for the love of god pay it Top.
Maguire and Smalling would an unreal combo at the back

More links to Chris Smalling lads...
Its said that Man United are only after 15 mil for him and christ if thats true for the love of god pay it Top.
Maguire and Smalling would an unreal combo at the back
Where'd you see the new links? Would absolutely love Mike Smalling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah would be great. Would likely mean we'd move one of Huth or Benalouane on but I'd be ok with that.

Benny for sure for mine. Good back up as a 4th choice or so but the guy is far too prone to very rash and poorly timed challenges and gets caught out a fair bit. I really like Huth, toward the back end of the season seemed to really find himself again and put in a couple of rock solid performances.

Oh... this has come back! I heard about this last month. But at the time... it was just talk and nothing more, since we had other targets.

15m? Do eet! I'm sure our sport science team can help him keep fit. Maguire and Smalling would be a really neat pairing!

I am sick to the back teeth with these bigger clubs just treating us like nothing, expecting us to give up.

First Bayer with their bid of Aranguiz, to force the club to accept the bid, without even acknowledging our bid. (I'll admit I can't help but smile at seeing Bayer having worse performances than us ever since signing. Seriously, they got less points than us and finished 12th out of 18 teams. You wanted to play in Europe? How's that working out?)

Now Roma and their sheer insistence that we should accept 35m on Mahrez because he clearly wants to leave for a bigger club and we do the right thing on that. Despite very public notes that everyone from our end (including Mahrez himself) saying that if no club meets the agreed valuation, then he will give it his all for us (especially once seeing the reality of his demands, hopefully willing to spur him to earn that pay.)

I know that Roma is one of the Seven Sisters (plus Napoli), and are a much bigger proposition than Bayer and Villa (I still lol at that choice), but if you're not willing to put up the coin, and are not willing to 'break your record' just for an 'inferior' replacement to Salah, but are expecting us to pay less, then on your bike, son. We would rather run out his contract and let him leave for free than accept less. 50m, or jog on.

It doesn't help that they want to use the Ranieri card on us, either.

Exactly the ticket. Show us some respect. If you want him, pay up. If you think you can do better for less elsewhere, than do just that! We don't need your money.

I think that will be on the cards, Mahrez performs his socks off, puts us in an excellent position. From there, it's about finding that creative talent that will either replace him, or add to our ranks.

Of course, worse case scenario, we need Grey to lift his game big time. No use sulking. Nose to the grindstone, and keep Riyad honest, that's what we need!

Also... I'm sure I don't need to say it, but:

17 minutes only, and dude... this partnership... plus Mahrez.

If it was any other young player in his position, he would've gone solo.

Well... that could've gone better. I just wanted at least a point. To be teased with all three in our faces like that, only for it to be snatched away, yet again... It seems like we just can't crack it over there.

So... interesting thoughts going on. Was it a drop in concentration, or was it poor tactics? One interesting thing I've noted is just how many times our bous were calling for off-side instead of playing to the whistle.

I would like to get Huth back in, because Morgan was quite disappointing.

Still need an attacking RB and a younger CB...

It is definitely a bad hunting ground for us. Hard to believe we threw that away completely.

It was definitely a lack of concentration but the subs were really poor from Shakey. Set us up well but ultimately cost us the game.

Yeah we need someone better to partner Maguire. I don't know that happens this window though. We need to move one of Huth or Morgan on really.

Desperately need a RB. Simpson is just flat out not good enough.

Thought Albrighton was magnificent, as was Vardy.

Just a win over Arsenal and Bournemouth... that's just all we need!

Yeah, that's where it was lost. James was tired, but why not King to close the game? I have no idea.

Morgan looks cooked. His decline over the last 12 months is crazy. I also agree with you, I don't think it happens this window, although it really should.

It doesn't help when Mahrez doesn't pull his weight there either.

Oh man, great call. Most underrated player in the Prem. How has he not gotten a cap? Say all the great things about Mahrez, but Marc just pulls in shift after shift. He's a simple player, but he does it so well. Covers defensively, and produces great attacking crosses, what's not to like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back