Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

Jonny Evans for 3.5 million is bloody good business.
They had their chance to sell him to us for 25m, but nope. They get flushed out by Pardew, and we snag him for 3m. Very nice.

Hopefully he shows better professionalism and drive here, and we can be onto something.

I think we have an excellent CB pairing! Tarks and Mee are better system players, as we saw with Keane, but individually, we've got class.

Got a nice Back 5 now, and with Maddison, Roberts, and more linked in, we've got some promising things yet to come!

Also Fryer Tuck , time to put your extensive knowledge to the test. Which Leicester player will make it furthest in the cup?

Hmm... now let's see.

Our 10 are:

Group B:
Portugal:
15. Ricardo Periera - Expected to start
23. Adrian Silva - Expected to start

Group C:
Denmark:
1. Kasper - Starter

Group D:
Nigeria:
4. N'Didi: Expected to start
7. Musa: Bench - Alternate winger
14. Nacho: Bench - First sub

Group G:
England:
6. Maguire - Starter
11. Vardy - Bench -> Plan B (Really should be starting with Kane, and first choice against the big boys)

Tunisia:
3. Benalouane - Expected to start

Group H:
Japan:
9. Okazaki - Bench -> First option

Team wise, I'd expect Portugal and England to be certs to get out of the Group Stage. Denmark and Nigeria are very good chances to get out. Japan should be a chance in that group, but their form has been horrible (maybe if they start Okazaki, they might go somewhere), and Tunisia... good luck there.

In the knockouts, I can just see England getting done in the Round of 16 (In fact, if you're feeling lucky, try betting on that result.) On paper, they should defeat Group H's winner, but they are a jammy lot. I would also recommend that if they make the Quarters onwards, Vardy has to start if England hope to be any chance for glory (It hurts a little to see the other three strikers with goals, but Vardy is best for the big boys), especially seeing how it will be Brazil/Germany/Mexico that will be the most likely opponent there.

Portugal should make Quarters at the very least. Group A is super weak, so regardless of position, they should move on, where they will meet France/Argentina/Nigeria/Denmark. Portugal know how to play the knockouts, and we could see them toppling any of those opponents. I'd say Quarters-Semi would be the goal.

Denmark and Nigeria are likely to get Argentina and France respectfully, so likely Round of 16 exits. The best result is for one of them to get a shock result, so they play each other, so we see at least one of their sides making quarters, where they could be meeting Portugal... joy.

Japan could potentially face England if England either top the group, or Japan uses Okazaki and roughhouses themselves to the top. I don't expect it to happen because of form.

Tunisia if they get through because of England implosion (I mean, Belgium implosion could happen, but surely this is a golden chance for Belgium to one-up the Dutch? It better not happen!) And... weirdly I can see them being more likely to make Quarters than England... yeah... England is more likely than Tunisia to make the R16, yet I'd say Tunisia is more likely to make Quarters if they get there. Go figure that one out.

Player wise? I think the Leicester Golden Ball will go to N'Didi. If Nigeria go far, it's because N'Didi has done a good job in protecting his backline, and setting up that pacy Nigerian attack. If Vardy and Okazaki get the chances they deserve, I can see them being their team's top scorer, and if England go very far, I'd back Vardy for the Golden Ball, because you just know he'll just kill it from the Quarters onwards. (I'd say he'll get one goal against Belgium in the first four games though) I want to say... he'll get six and take the golden boot (Don't stop my fantasy! Realistically, I'd say he'll score more than Kane despite less game time, lol). I think Okazaki will get the least minutes out of all the players, which will be a bit sad. I want to be positive and say he'll get one goal.

Nacho could score a lot as a super sub, I'd say 3 goals from him. Musa might get one. Benny will get a couple of yellows, but be the shining light for Tunisia's backline. Kasper will keep a couple of clean-sheets. Periera will get two assists and Silva one (while bossing the midfield.)

Best Leicester hope at the Cup? I'd say Portugal, but I am uncertain if both our players will start. I expect them to, but it's a little uncertain. Nigeria will be the most fun, and England the most frustrating. Savior that England v Tunisia action, and hope Benny does his bit.

That's what I think at this point in time.

Jonny Evans for 3.5 million is bloody good business.

Think the penny's finally dropped at Leicester?

Gun new RB
Experienced and still good and talented CB

All for under 25 odd mill....

Absolutely stoked with the window so far

Great signing. Really looking forward to seeing Maddison.

Michael Appleton has moved on as well.

Riyad supposedly off for 60 and no Roberts...

Seems absurd considering the fees paid for Coutinho and the like.

And it's officially happened.

Meanwhile, I'm hearing more about keeping Maguire and Schmeichel than any purchases. Those two really did us proud in the World Cup (Freakin' Musa, why'd you have to bad mouth Argentina?)

Just three weeks away, how are we feeling?

And it's officially happened.

Meanwhile, I'm hearing more about keeping Maguire and Schmeichel than any purchases. Those two really did us proud in the World Cup (Freakin' Musa, why'd you have to bad mouth Argentina?)

Just three weeks away, how are we feeling?
Positive enough. Still not sold on Puel but he's brought in his own players really so there'll be no excuses this time around.

Maddison: Looks like a gun.

Pereira: Superb get

Benkovic: Talented, young and an absolute giant. (bye wes)

Ghezzal: Meh...

Ward: Ridiculous fee, but looks good and about time we had good competition to Kasper

Evans: Brilliant business getting him for 3m.

Soyuncu (TBC with work permit): Excellent get providing the work permit is sorted.

Held onto Harry and Kasper, re-signed Vardy and only lost Mahrez which was inevitable.

Great window!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maddison: Looks like a gun.

Pereira: Superb get

Benkovic: Talented, young and an absolute giant. (bye wes)

Ghezzal: Meh...

Ward: Ridiculous fee, but looks good and about time we had good competition to Kasper

Evans: Brilliant business getting him for 3m.

Soyuncu (TBC with work permit): Excellent get providing the work permit is sorted.

Held onto Harry and Kasper, re-signed Vardy and only lost Mahrez which was inevitable.

Great window!!
100% agree. Losing Mahrez was always going to hurt but the rest of the window wasn’t too bad.

Nothing confirmed but to be honest this is presumably due to them wanting to inform relatives/friends in Thailand.....

This isn't something you can put into words..

Hoping for a miracle.

So it’s official :( the greatest owner in our club’s history is gone. It honestly feels like a part of the club has died today.

I do not know where to from here. The emotion at the next home game will be intense.

Devastating loss for the entire football community, condolences to the entire Leicester City family. I am sure whoever takes over the reigns of running your club will continue on the legacy that Vichai created.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back