Player Watch Lachie Sullivan

Remove this Banner Ad

He's going to challenge to be in our best 22/23 by end of the year and the perfect medium term replacement for Adams/Mitchell. Unbelievable it has taken him this long to make a list, Dogs with Libbas concussion problems may regret not adding him.
Hes too nice of a fella to be playing for Bevo

Last year we persevered with Mitchell through some significant flat spots and I felt it hurt us.
To be fair to the coaching staff, persevering with Mitchell won us the flag, he was absolutely immense in the GF.

But I agree that I'm enjoying seeing how comfortable Lachie is at the level and would love to see him get a continued run of games.

Unfortunately I see the same fate as Carmichael or Fin
fraser.gif

Good start certainly a base to build from. Couldn’t tell from the TV how he went with all the small (big stuff), pressure acts, etc. I just thouht as a mid he would be a little more involved.

Some Iffy moments in the first half, but I thought he did a bit better in the second half. Cleary has no problem finding the ball, just needs to get better at decision making. Hope those distractions umpiring decisions don’t effect his confidence

Some Iffy moments in the first half, but I thought he did a bit better in the second half. Cleary has no problem finding the ball, just needs to get better at decision making. Hope those distractions umpiring decisions don’t effect his confidence
Yes his second half was good up until the last few minutes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought his first half was a shocker last night, and his second vastly improved. He seemed to be burning the ball left, right and centre earlier.

I thought his first half was a shocker last night, and his second vastly improved. He seemed to be burning the ball left, right and centre earlier.
I agree that he didn't have a good game. He made some bad mistakes in the 2nd half as well. I am ignoring the free kick travesty as that wasn't his fault. However there was a moment with about 2 minutes to go where he elected to double fist tap a ball instead of taking a mark... it was a pretty simple mark to take and we could have really set up behind the ball.

I have watched him closely, I am not convinced he is going to make it. Reminds me of Carmichael. You can tell he would be a really talented VFL player, you can tell he knows where to run and can find the footy. I just think he lacks that extra element to be a good AFL player. He is not overly fast, he is not sharp enough in his decision-making, his disposal isn't quite good enough.

I compare him to HH and Richards who both look good enough to be AFL grade. I think he just lacks something, bit of class. Hope he proves me wrong.

Guys like Harvey, Joey R, Sully, these are the blokes we are going to need to take over from Steele, Mitch, Elliot, WHE, and our other 30+ year olds when they retire over the next two seasons or so, and Pendles when he calls it a day in his mid 50's.
The good thing is that we've got a few who are no longer 18 year olds who are looking likely.

I think he's solid. Looks more a backup than a starter, but see if he can develop further.

If he’s solid and looks like a backup after only 4 games … fair chance he’ll look like a solid starter before too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back