Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not understand all the negative comments around Lachie, he has been good without being outstanding, he is playing in a team that has been terrible with forward entries for most of this season, his chase ,pressure, tackling has been very good, he is still learning our structures around forward fifty, imo he will blossom with us when our team gets it together. Give the guy a break.
Spot on.

I do not understand all the negative comments around Lachie, he has been good without being outstanding, he is playing in a team that has been terrible with forward entries for most of this season, his chase ,pressure, tackling has been very good, he is still learning our structures around forward fifty, imo he will blossom with us when our team gets it together. Give the guy a break.
Good player.

I hadn't watched him at Freo. With all the hype, I was expecting him to be a bit more composed with ball in hand, but hoping that's about still learning our system and having to think rather than being able to automatically play.

He makes us better though. The last two games you could really see how much he's tightened up our forward half pressure and danger. We're looking scary when the ball hits the deck up forward.

He's important as teams have taken away a lot of our decisive chains that get us uncontested out the back goals - were going to need to be awesome at ground level and in terms of pressure.

I don’t blame him. He was quick to sign up to a new deal though.

The issue us that we got Schultz and lost Ginni and Adams.

Schultz replaced the forward pressure that Adams provided, but we don't have a second in and under mid to help Titch. Schultz's goal average is equal to Adams plus Ginni.

So, the trading resulting in us being equivalent in goals and forward pressure, but being down a midfielder.

At least McCreery has breakaway speed so that when he does break through, he can make things happen either offensively or defensively.

Schultz is treacle slow so just gets by with hard work and playing his role. Like Jarryd Blair used to do.
Garry Lyon "An excellent player" Jack Riewoldt "A near all-Australian player", you, he's Jarryd Blair. Which of the three has nfi?

I don’t think he’s overly quick. And he doesn’t have silky skills or tricks you’d normally associate with class small forwards eg. Bobby.

So yeah, he relies a fair bit on his pressure, tackling & 1%’ers.

I’ve been consistent that we paid too much - still hold that view - and it was a player type we didn’t really need.

What you see now is what you’ll get in the future. A pretty uninspiring but hard working forward pocket.
The club felt they had to cover a loss as well as appease their fans by recruiting Schultz, after Ginnivan’s departure. This has turned out to be a regrettable decision.
I was working at the 'G today at the Hawks Swans game. Hawks fans are quickly turning on Ginni. 0.4 today -all from sets shots, with 2 tackles. Heard one bloke say to his mate as they were leaving "How much are we paying Ginnivan?"

What you see now is what you’ll get in the future. A pretty uninspiring but hard working forward pocket.
The club felt they had to cover a loss as well as appease their fans by recruiting Schultz, after Ginnivan’s departure. This has turned out to be a regrettable decision.
The club did not recruit Schultz to appease the fans. Made up rubbish.

As usual you have selected what suits your argument. The first point that was made was to cover a loss (of a small forward, that being Ginnivan).
Ginnivan was extremely popular amongst the supporters, but you being the know all that you are, are certain that there’s no truth to my second point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As usual you have selected what suits your argument. The first point that was made was to cover a loss (of a small forward, that being Ginnivan).
Ginnivan was extremely popular amongst the supporters, but you being the know all that you are are certain that there’s no truth to my second point.
You made it up, so yeah, I’m pretty confident.

You made the same claim a month or so ago. You also made a similar claim when I said that Ginnivan would be traded. It’s you default ‘stamp your feet’ response.
What are you on about?
You make stuff up all the time.

Ginnivan was extremely popular amongst the supporters, but you being the know all that you are, are certain that there’s no truth to my second point.
What nonsense, why isn't he an Elliott replacement? Suspect when Jamie hangs them up and Shooter is still banging them through the continual whining and hand wringing will have stopped.

Great highlights package. Looks extremely well balanced and proficient with both feet.
You seemed quite happy when we first recruited him. Why didn’t you post about the fans needing to be appeased?

What nonsense, why isn't he an Elliott replacement? Suspect when Jamie hangs them up and Shooter is still banging them through the continual whining and hand wringing will have stopped.
He is not an Elliott replacement because he cannot play Elliott's role in the forward line. Schultz may be a replacement for someone, but it's not Elliott.

It's silly for anyone to suggest we recruited Schultz to make up for losing Ginni.

We had already brought Schultz in before there was any talk about Ginni & the Hawks.

Not to mention the Ginni trade was one of the last ones done before the trade period deadline.

You only have one line of cross examination. An unimaginative public servant.
You imagined a scenario for the recruitment of Schultz. Just own it and stop throwing out insults.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back