Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tips for this week
Rushy over gig by 44 points
Merrigum over VT by 19 points
Tally over undera by 100 points
Shepp east over dookie by 120 points
Lanky over nagambie by 150 points Stanhope over Avenel by 24 points
Murch-tool over Longwood big win 200 plus points James Loyd to fill his boots with goals 12 plus
Think your winning margins are a bit high but everyone is entitled to an opinion

Gig over Rushy by small margin
Merrigum too good for VT
Shep easily over Dookie
Lancy way too strong for Nagambie
Avenel comfortably over Stanhope
Murch way to strong for Longwood

Think your winning margins are a bit high but everyone is entitled to an opinion

Gig over Rushy by small margin
Merrigum too good for VT
Shep easily over Dookie
Lancy way too strong for Nagambie
Avenel comfortably over Stanhope
Murch way to strong for Longwood
Feel free to add your own margins 🍺

Looks like the Picola fl are aiming for 2 divisions in 2025.. with KDFNL clubs their main targets.

There are now a number of clubs in the KDL that have Seniors, Reserves, Thirds, Fourths & Fifths football.

Unfortunately some KD clubs are down to Seniors and Reserves only, and have been unable to build on that.

While some clubs have chosen not to back the KDL efforts in the 4ths and chosen to leave their juniors in the GMJL.

Last edited:
There are now a number of clubs in the KDL that have Seniors, Reserves, Thirds, Fourths & Fifths football.

Unfortunately some KD clubs are down to Seniors and Reserves only, and have been unable to build on that.

While some clubs have chosen not to back the KDL efforts in the 4ths and chosen to leave their juniors in the GMJL.
Some clubs it's just not viable to have all juniors, look at most thirds and fourths this year there will be 6-7 kids that are playing 3 years older than their age. And how do you tell clubs that have been in GMJL for years that they fold the club so kids can play juniors in KDFL where most juniors are played on Friday nights so families can do other things on weekends like watching siblings / family play?

Which could well see some in the first group consider transferring to ensure the future growth of their club.
Yeah this is a catch 22 situation though Mortlock! Yes although some clubs are currently fielding good juniors & it looking sustainable moving forward these same clubs also need to get into serious discussions not only within their own clubs but the parents of these juniors must be involved?

Clubs need to understand it's a huge change to say to all the parent's currently in the KDFL you are only driving a max of 30-45mins depending which club you are involved with & where you live? But to then say but we are going to change league's for the betterment of the club & especially juniors going forward, we will now be in the PDFL & travel depending how the league is separated could be anywhere from 45-mins to 2+hrs! That is a huge disparity & may make some parent's question where they send their kids to play?

So for those clubs that think yeah we have plenty of juniors & this decision is based on keeping that alive into the future the parent's need to be involved in some discussions? Because it's quite easy for alot to turn away saying they don't want to do that travel, pay the fuel, get up the extra couple of hours so they just pick a new club that's still closer? Then all these clubs that have changed league due to good junior numbers & wanting that to stay alive start to struggle & be back to where they were several years ago looking for juniors again!

It all sounds good in theory but there's no definites in footy & hence why in my opinion clubs need to be very careful & diligent in their decision making process moving forward! 👍🏾

Yeah this is a catch 22 situation though Mortlock! Yes although some clubs are currently fielding good juniors & it looking sustainable moving forward these same clubs also need to get into serious discussions not only within their own clubs but the parents of these juniors must be involved?

Clubs need to understand it's a huge change to say to all the parent's currently in the KDFL you are only driving a max of 30-45mins depending which club you are involved with & where you live? But to then say but we are going to change league's for the betterment of the club & especially juniors going forward, we will now be in the PDFL & travel depending how the league is separated could be anywhere from 45-mins to 2+hrs! That is a huge disparity & may make some parent's question where they send their kids to play?

So for those clubs that think yeah we have plenty of juniors & this decision is based on keeping that alive into the future the parent's need to be involved in some discussions? Because it's quite easy for alot to turn away saying they don't want to do that travel, pay the fuel, get up the extra couple of hours so they just pick a new club that's still closer? Then all these clubs that have changed league due to good junior numbers & wanting that to stay alive start to struggle & be back to where they were several years ago looking for juniors again!

It all sounds good in theory but there's no definites in footy & hence why in my opinion clubs need to be very careful & diligent in their decision making process moving forward! 👍🏾
Spot on Smooth...
2hrs from Rushy to Blighty. No thanks

Grand Final Rematch Today! Should be a cracker.

I’ve got Lancy by a few goals, but just hoping to watch a great contest

Don’t reckon you’ll ever have to worry .
Sick Burn GIF by GIPHY News

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smooth if a parent currently has children in 2 or 3 grades is it true they are likely to be travelling to 2-3 different venues as part of the current junior structure ?

Last edited:
Smooth if a parent currently has children in 2 or 3 grades is it true they are likely to be travelling to 2-3 different venues as part of the current junior structure ?
I see where you're going with that Roar, but parent's within each club are happy to help each other out where 1 will take a car load to 1 junior game of footy if for that week it's seperate to the rest of the club & other parent's will take other kids! Sometimes it's only a once off sometimes it's more but parent's don't mind sharing the load & let's be honest we're only talking a half hour drive max!

I'm more talking Parent of 4ths may not be keen to get there kids up at 6am if say they need to travel from Murchison to Berrigan for instance? I'm not sure if there's a split whether it would be North or South again like last time? But something would have to change cause you couldn't have 4-5 clubs all come into the South league & overload that compared to the North?

Again this is only opinion based, but I would assume clubs would do their due diligence with parent's of any potential league moves! Otherwise it could be a very costly exercise overtime!

Last edited:
I see where you're going with that Roar, but parent's within each club are happy to help each other out where 1 will take a car load to 1 junior game of footy if for that week it's seperate to the rest of the club & other parent's will take other kids! Sometimes it's only a once off sometimes it's more but parent's don't mind sharing the load & let's be honest we're only talking a half hour drive max!

I'm more talking Parent of 4ths may not be keen to get there kids up at 6am if say they need to travel from Murchison to Berrigan for instance? I'm not sure if there's a split whether it would be North or South again like last time? But something would have to change cause you couldn't have 4-5 clubs all co.e in to the south league & overload that compared to the North?

Again this is only opinion based, but I would assume clubs would do their due diligence with parent's of any potential league moves! Otherwise it could be a very costly exercise overtime!
My point is you could use the arguement of travel as a significant negative on the current set-up , along with having to be at multiple venues on a weekend .
Having a one parent taking multiple kids could also apply to any circumstance , so I’m not sure that actually relevant either .
In regards to your example of Murch to Berrigan , I doubt 4ths are required to be at grounds 2+ hours prior to matches . 😜 😂

My point is you could use the arguement of travel as a significant negative on the current set-up , along with having to be at multiple venues on a weekend .
Having a one parent taking multiple kids could also apply to any circumstance , so I’m not sure that actually relevant either .
In regards to your example of Murch to Berrigan , I doubt 4ths are required to be at grounds 2+ hours prior to matches . 😜 😂
What time do your 4ths start? 9am-ish? I dare say coaches would want their players there atleast half hour before the game? So now we're talking be there by 8.30ish? It's say 1hr 45mins from Murch to Berrigan? So now we're talking leave by 6.45ish? & to leave at that time you'd want say half hour to 45mins to get up & get ready? 6am is get up time? I never said get there 2hrs early? 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️

What time do your 4ths start? 9am-ish? I dare say coaches would want their players there atleast half hour before the game? So now we're talking be there by 8.30ish? It's say 1hr 45mins from Murch to Berrigan? So now we're talking leave by 6.45ish? & to leave at that time you'd want say half hour to 45mins to get up & get ready? 6am is get up time? I never said get there 2hrs early? 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️
So you are talking 45 mins longer travel time than some kdfl trips . You’ve already mentioned 30-45 minutes to get ready . So if you’ve got extra trips due to playing in different venues you’ve already consumed that extra trip time .
There is a lot of hypotheticals but it’s hard believe travel or preparing to travel could be increased in any other format.
9.30 start . Arrive 9am . 137klm murch to berrigan 1 1/2 hr . Leave 7.30 am .

Last edited:
So you are talking 45 mins longer travel time than some kdfl trips . You’ve already mentioned 30-45 minutes to get ready . So if you’ve got extra trips due to playing in different venues you’ve already consumed that extra trip time .
There is a lot of hypotheticals but it’s hard believe travel or preparing to travel could be increased in any other format.
9.30 start . Arrive 9am . 137klm murch to berrigan 1 1/2 hr . Leave 7.30 am .
Roar your not understanding my point! I'm not talking about our league's current set-ups! & your also missing the point on the travel.....

Firstly your argument makes it sound like every single parent has multiple kids across different age groups at every club! We both clearly know that isn't the case! It's only a handful at best at any 1 club? Whether that's footballer's & netballer's or just footballer's! As I stated those group of parents are all happy to share the load & help each other out where 1-2 parents will travel to the away ground with the footballers & the other parents will take the other kids to the ground where the actual club is playing! Again as I said it's also not every club every weekend it's 1 maybe 2 clubs at best that do that? 4 rounds in & our juniors haven't had an away make up game yet? So hence the extra travel/organisation in our league that you speak of is very minimal & not worth the debate!

Secondly yeah granted that doesn't happen in your, but what does happen is the definite extra travel..... Now again I will say it's not the world's biggest issue nor is it worth us going back & forth, all I'm saying is it would be worth clubs explaining this to the parents of these juniors in OUR league at their respective clubs & let the parents have their say whether this would be an issue for them or not so clubs could (as you love) get the absolute correct data to align with their decision making going forward?

Now I'm sure I've made myself clear, I know you love a good old fashioned debate but your barking up the wrong tree here cause I'm definitely not saying there's anything wrong with potentially joining your league so nows not the time to feel defensive my old mate! Cheer up..... 😜👍🏾

Roar your not understanding my point! I'm not talking about our league's current set-ups! & your also missing the point on the travel.....

Firstly your argument makes it sound like every single parent has multiple kids across different age groups at every club! We both clearly know that isn't the case! It's only a handful at best at any 1 club? Whether that's footballer's & netballer's or just footballer's! As I stated those group of parents are all happy to share the load & help each other out where 1-2 parents will travel to the away ground with the footballers & the other parents will take the other kids to the ground where the actual club is playing! Again as I said it's also not every club every weekend it's 1 maybe 2 clubs at best that do that? 4 rounds in & our juniors haven't had an away make up game yet? So hence the extra travel/organisation in our league that you speak of is very minimal & not worth the debate!

Secondly yeah granted that doesn't happen in your, but what does happen is the definite extra travel..... Now again I will say it's not the world's biggest issue nor is it worth us going back & forth, all I'm saying is it would be worth clubs explaining this to the parents of these juniors in OUR league at their respective clubs & let the parents have their say whether this would be an issue for them or not so clubs could (as you love) get the absolute correct data to align with their decision making going forward?

Now I'm sure I've made myself clear, I know you love a good old fashioned debate but your barking up the wrong tree here cause I'm definitely not saying there's anything wrong with potentially joining your league so nows not the time to feel defensive my old mate! Cheer up..... 😜👍🏾
I absolute get your point, you’re trying to outline what could be the worst case in one scenario , whilst down playing the current scenario .
All based on what ?
I understand Murch had teams at 3 or 4 venues over 3 days last weekend . That can’t be down sold no matter how often it happens .
all 5 football sides and all netball teams at one venue is pretty important for what is community football and goes a line way to forging ties to clubs.

The man can turn any scenario to fit his narrative 🤦‍♂️🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back