Game Day Kenny's Beloved Catters vs The Port Power Cheesy Macs at Pork Barrel Stadium - Woohoo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been asked but not answered
Why is GameDay green? That suggests something good

Not if you are a fly and a praying mantis is closing in.

Why are people saying that 119 could be under threat? We haven't lost a game by over 100 since 2011. Closest we've got is 86 points in the Ben Brown Brown massacre in 2019, 84 point showdown in 2017, the 71 point loss to Collingwood last year and 71 point loss to Dogs in the prelim, 70 to Essendon in 2017.

Any other loss in the last 10 years has been around 10 goals or less and i'm pretty confident that this one won't be any different. 100 point losses are extremely rare these days but i know we like to dramatize things on here.

Hello tealy people.

Any thoughts on where Bergman will play tonight? He's been named on the HBF but has mostly played wing this year? Also seems to have drifted fwd a bit and kicked a few goals too.

So what do you think? HBF / Wing / Other / Go back to your own board you feral Calrton scum?
He plays his best footy in defence and is the most defensively sound of our flanker types.
He'll play wing

T-minus 6 hours to destruction
Bird Lol GIF

Hope we get pulverised

Will Dixon CHOKE...
again?

Will boak run away from the ball and let his opponent run into goal and break our hearts in the last seconds...again?

Each loss is 1 game closer to the back of the used car salesman career loser Ken

Aside from a Dom Cassisi moment 20 odd years ago that place offers few good memories..Perhaps tonight will be Ken's Matthew Primus vs GWS moment?

We can only hope

Don’t give us much hope in this one. Best hope is for the players to go in with the mindset that we’re winning this no matter what, and play like it. That said, we rarely show this kind of attitude these days.

Geelong by 34.

Think we'll win. No Bruhn and Dangerfield is rough, i'm guessing thats the majority of their contested ball and clearances.

All set for JHF and Butters, only Kent Hinkley stands in their way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to get very ugly.

Not looking forward to a clearly not fit Dixon falling over at every contest.

Not looking forward to Donuts being outcoached by Scott once again.

Not looking forward to Donuts playing up to the crowd and then becoming a fanboi after the game with the Geelong players.

Will be very lucky if my TV survives tonight.

Anyone know the last time a top 8 team was at 3.85? That's a disgrace in itself.

Then you discover Geelong are resting players, it makes a total mockery of where we are.

We won't be as bad as we were last week, I suspect that isn't possible. We'll keep the margin to a level that Kornes can keep worshipping his hero next week :(.

Geelong by 25.

Charles to give away all the free kicks again. Rat to let Hawkins kick a bag. Ollie with 30+.

Geelong by 27.

I can’t wait to see 30 shanked, helicopter floaters from Wines, he should be banned from kicking.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

one of those games we'll be punished for being too hard at it and they'll get frees because it almost looked like something nasty could've happened

We are still capable of playing good footy, and i don't really think Geelong are the world beaters they are being made out to be on here. They've had the softest of soft draws so far, they are 7 and 1 but only beaten Carlton in the top 8 (in a game that felt like they were lucky to win as Carlton seemed like the more dominant team for most of the match).
As a realist I dont personally understand this desire to find some obscure justification as to why teams are crap or beatable, despite the reality of their position. The entire board went through the exact same exercise ahead of Collingwood rather than actually consider the context of their season, and we went on to get absolutely hammered by a rising team. Geelong are where they are because they deserve to be. They are a bloody good side and we are where we are because we also deserve to be, and realistically even if we were to use this poor method of justification we're also yet to beat a decent team, and it is highly likely Freo and Essendon will probably both drop out of the 8 by the end of the year.

The reality is, Geelong may not be world beaters, but they've lost 1 game, to a top 4 side by a few points in one of the most insanely skillful and fast games in years, and they also beat the fifth side in Carlton well. They also dealt with the Crows and Brisbane away. They've shown an extreme level of efficiency. We know they have a supremely well drilled defence and insanely good forward mix. They also have a level of pace we don't, and they are riding high on confidence from their fast start to the year where they are also basically injury free. It's also impossible to ignore that they are playing at home where we haven't won in many, many years, without even considering that we have basically been their bunny for decades.

There is a lot to worry about with them and they are a long way beyond us. The only area we could get hold of them is through the middle, however they'll probably park the bus in defence and absolutely tear us to shreds on the counter as the Crows did. If we don't get on top in the middle it'll just be an absolute belting of the highest order, it's the only way we keep it competitive.

So things going for us - it's a game of footy and there's only 2 sides, our midfield if it gets going could cause issues.
Things going against us - our injuries, our gamestyle, our coach, Visentini up against their rucks, their tall forwards, their fast small forwards, their ball movement from defence and the speed of it, it's a night game, we're playing away against a top side, their defence thrives on the kick to Charlie style and their confidence/arrogance and our lack of any.

We will lose. We will lose comfortably.

I hope I'm wrong, I always do, but this isn't a negative view it is just the reality of where both sides are. There's basically nothing going for us in this one. Geelong should be seeking a percentage booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back