Supercars JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Brown coughs up 2 seconds every time he does a pit stop, by not being aggressive enough on pit entry (before the control line).

Yesterday it cost him the race win, as the time lost allowed Feeney to effectively overtake him in the pits. Today it's dropped him way off the back of Mostert's rear end.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will Brown coughs up 2 seconds every time he does a pit stop, by not being aggressive enough on pit entry (before the control line).

Yesterday it cost him the race win, as the time lost allowed Feeney to effectively overtake him in the pits. Today it's dropped him way off the back of Mostert's rear end.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well that didn’t age well.

Fairly boring race with only three real contenders.
Like F1, looks like RB have the car, drivers and strategists to wrap this up early.
Unless Supercars interfere again. What am I saying?
WHEN Supercars interfere again…

Fairly boring race with only three real contenders.
Like F1, looks like RB have the car, drivers and strategists to wrap this up early.
Unless Supercars interfere again. What am I saying?
WHEN Supercars interfere again…
Same yesterday - the RBs & Mostert were 15+ seconds up the road, until Love hit the same wall for the 2nd time, bringing out the safety car for the finish.

It's going to be a very boring series if none of the other teams can get their s**t together, and come within 10 seconds of RB & Mostert.

As an aside... last year it was RB & Erebus. Now it's RB & Mostert who appear to be dominating. Does that mean that the equalisation problems have gone away (given that Mostert drives a Mustang)? Or was it never a Camaro vs Mustang equalisation problem to begin with?

I liked Larko's explanation of how Mostert's car was setup, and why his results were so different from everyone else in the field. Putting the extra camber on the wheels gave him a lot more grip over the top of the mountain, and he was braining everyone over the top all weekend. But in robbing Peter to pay Paul, he sacrificed straight line speed, which really cost him for the straights on the flat - which makes up 2/3 of the course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t follow the weekend much. What was the reason for waters being so far off the pace?
No idea. They barely mentioned him during the broadcast. Could ask similar questions about DePasquale in the first race. Neither driver was involved in any incidents, at least none that were shown on TV. They were just really slow all day.

Mind you, compared to the top-3, everyone was really slow.

Same yesterday - the RBs & Mostert were 15+ seconds up the road, until Love hit the same wall for the 2nd time, bringing out the safety car for the finish.

It's going to be a very boring series if none of the other teams can get their s**t together, and come within 10 seconds of RB & Mostert.

As an aside... last year it was RB & Erebus. Now it's RB & Mostert who appear to be dominating. Does that mean that the equalisation problems have gone away (given that Mostert drives a Mustang)? Or was it never a Camaro vs Mustang equalisation problem to begin with?
Mostert was whinging this weekend that he didn't have the top end speed down the straight so I'd guess you'll still be hearing about this all season.

I'd also wait to see Mostert on other tracks before declaring him a contender. WAU have often produced a strong car at the mountain.

Mostert was whinging this weekend that he didn't have the top end speed down the straight so I'd guess you'll still be hearing about this all season.

I'd also wait to see Mostert on other tracks before declaring him a contender. WAU have often produced a strong car at the mountain.
Mostert setup his car to be fast across the top of the mountain, which worked nicely... but the cost of that was a drop in top speed on the straights.

Larko did a segment on his setup, during the 2nd race. He put a whole lot of extra camber on the wheels, which forced him to run with lower tire pressures, increasing the tires' surface area in contact with the ground. That gave him extra grip (and thus speed) in the slower sections (i.e. over the top of the mountain), but resulted in increased drag down the straights. As a result, Mostert's top speed down Conrod was 274kph, compared to the RBs doing 278kph. Larko also showed the speeds for a heap of other drivers, and most were getting 277-278kph, regardless of whether they were Camaro or Mustang.

Mostert's lack of speed on the straights was entirely due to setup decisions made by his own team - nothing to do with the Supercars specification.

** Fair comment about WAU setting up for the mountain, and that maybe not translating to performance at other tracks.

Mostert setup his car to be fast across the top of the mountain, which worked nicely... but the cost of that was a drop in top speed on the straights.

Larko did a segment on his setup, during the 2nd race. He put a whole lot of extra camber on the wheels, which forced him to run with lower tire pressures, increasing the tires' surface area in contact with the ground. That gave him extra grip (and thus speed) in the slower sections (i.e. over the top of the mountain), but resulted in increased drag down the straights. As a result, Mostert's top speed down Conrod was 274kph, compared to the RBs doing 278kph. Larko also showed the speeds for a heap of other drivers, and most were getting 277-278kph, regardless of whether they were Camaro or Mustang.

Mostert's lack of speed on the straights was entirely due to setup decisions made by his own team - nothing to do with the Supercars specification.

** Fair comment about WAU setting up for the mountain, and that maybe not translating to performance at other tracks.
That's not necessarily true. They may not have been able to match the speeds down the straight and therefore leaned much further into the camber setup to try and mitigate that.

But really we need to wait and see how it looks on other tracks before any kneejerk decision is made.

That's not necessarily true. They may not have been able to match the speeds down the straight and therefore leaned much further into the camber setup to try and mitigate that.

But really we need to wait and see how it looks on other tracks before any kneejerk decision is made.
All the other Mustangs were doing 277-278 down Conrod, it was just Mostert's car that was doing 274.

And what were the Camaro's doing?

That's my point, not that he couldn't match the Mustangs, that he couldn't match the Camaro's and therefore decided to go further the other way.
Pretty much everyone was doing 277-278, except for Mostert (who was doing 274). On the flip-side, he was consistently 0.4 seconds faster than anyone else over the top of the mountain. His team chose to rob Peter to pay Paul.

** Based on the graphic Larko showed, which covered about half the field - including both Camaro & Mustang pilots.

And what were the Camaro's doing?

That's my point, not that he couldn't match the Mustangs, that he couldn't match the Camaro's and therefore decided to go further the other way.

I saw high 280's on Browns car everytime they had the speed trap on him down conrod.

I'm just going on what Larko reported, when he did his lab analysis of Mostert's car setup.
This is the part Vader is talking about :)
1709076990909.png

1709077082690.png

The driver under Larko's arm is Davison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back