Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

If our list manager is a goose, I'd take a dozen like him at our club.
Mate since he has taken over the List management responsibilities he has transformed our list, our culture, the type of players we recruit and has been critical cog and instrumental in making us a destination club. If you have to put down someone perhaps find another target.
Speak to Mofra then - he loves the guy

If our list manager is a goose, I'd take a dozen like him at our club.
Mate since he has taken over the List management responsibilities he has transformed our list, our culture, the type of players we recruit and has been critical cog and instrumental in making us a destination club. If you have to put down someone perhaps find another target.
While I didn't like the way it got done, I have to admit that getting Dunkley and Gunston while keeping points around has been a win.

Got others like Dom we can have?
We've a slightly used, still in reasonable condition Matt Spangher you can have. You'll have to pony up though.

We've a slightly used, still in reasonable condition Matt Spangher you can have. You'll have to pony up though.
Well, you guys gave as a Goose, so a Pony in return is a pretty good trade, I reckon.:)

As soon as the McStay compo was band 3 instead of band 2 Brisbane were always going to have to trade one of the firsts to get enough points

Power ended up getting close enough to the two firsts - 21 and f2 should be enough to trade up if needed, lions got the points and Dunkley, Pickering was left pissed off.

Close enough to wins on all sides, out of contact players rarely get anything close to fair value when they move to a top side

We can all move on and pretend this thread never existed!
200w.gif

I think even the most bias Brisbane supporter would admit your initial offer was absolutely taking the piss and was so far from the final deal. Worth having a crack though I guess.

You were within your rights to trade down 15, but what you were able to do with your Geelong pick swaps really saved the day. Honestly don’t know why the Cats gave you so much for 25, but getting Dunkley would have been extremely difficult without that trade.

Removing the F1 and 21 which were the main parts of the deal, a F2 and F4 coming back to us is worth more than 2 x F3 going out (packaging 21 and F2 can help move back into the 1st round, no one is taking 21 and 2 x F3s for a 1st rounder)

Overall this helped move 21 closer to the original 15 we asked for.

The deal is slight unders but pretty close to our original ask while you got the points you needed.

Even if you can’t split any more points this year your F2 and F3 next covers Fletcher.

Is this the right end result for you guys assuming the draft was today and there were no more pick swaps:
Dunkley, Ashcroft, Gunston and Fletcher for:
2 x 1sts
2 x 2nds
1 x 3rd
Berry
McStay

From Brisbanes point of view the clubs offer really didn’t change at all from the original offer, it was simply rearranged to represent a different value that the bulldogs found attractive. We were open and upfront about our requirements for points, and that if you valued pick 15, you’d need to pay a premium as such for it.

Comparing the “insulting offer” to the accepted offer, taking out our F1 and the Dogs F3 as both were included, and for arguments sake pick 39 can be canceled out by Melbourne F3. Comparing them now it was
Dunks + 30 = 15 or
Dunks = 21, F2 and F4

Downgrading 15 literally generated all difference between both offers. We pocketed more points than 30 during the downgrading. Moving 15 gave us GWS F2 which handed us Geelongs F2 F4. None of the trade down were outlandish either in isolation. These type of moves is why the supporter base is happy with our management at present.

I’m happy that we were required to do the downgrading, because I feel we extracted more value for both us and the dogs. Being active in mutually beneficial trades with teams like GWS, Gold Coast and Geelong b will hopefully hold us in good stead for next year too.

From Brisbanes point of view the clubs offer really didn’t change at all from the original offer, it was simply rearranged to represent a different value that the bulldogs found attractive. We were open and upfront about our requirements for points, and that if you valued pick 15, you’d need to pay a premium as such for it.

Comparing the “insulting offer” to the accepted offer, taking out our F1 and the Dogs F3 as both were included, and for arguments sake pick 39 can be canceled out by Melbourne F3. Comparing them now it was
Dunks + 30 = 15 or
Dunks = 21, F2 and F4

Downgrading 15 literally generated all difference between both offers. We pocketed more points than 30 during the downgrading. Moving 15 gave us GWS F2 which handed us Geelongs F2 F4. None of the trade down were outlandish either in isolation. These type of moves is why the supporter base is happy with our management at present.

I’m happy that we were required to do the downgrading, because I feel we extracted more value for both us and the dogs. Being active in mutually beneficial trades with teams like GWS, Gold Coast and Geelong b will hopefully hold us in good stead for next year too.
Yeah as I mentioned I completely understood why you downgraded 15.

Someone on our board mentioned you initial offer had him as a mid 20s pick point wise. The one we accepted had him around pick 5 apparently (I didn’t do the math) so we are obviously happy Power didn’t take the first offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah as I mentioned I completely understood why you downgraded 15.

Someone on our board mentioned you initial offer had him as a mid 20s pick point wise. The one we accepted had him around pick 5 apparently (I didn’t do the math) so we are obviously happy Power didn’t take the first offer.

Wow, that’s amazing work by Dom 👏

Points only matter if you need them to bid. For every other club 15/F1 > 21/F1. If I were the dogs I'd be dirty about losing 15

If it had cost 30 and 39 we wouldn't have been left with enough for Lobb, so probably would have had to split it anyway and be down a future second.

I think even the most bias Brisbane supporter would admit your initial offer was absolutely taking the piss and was so far from the final deal. Worth having a crack though I guess.

You were within your rights to trade down 15, but what you were able to do with your Geelong pick swaps really saved the day. Honestly don’t know why the Cats gave you so much for 25, but getting Dunkley would have been extremely difficult without that trade.

Removing the F1 and 21 which were the main parts of the deal, a F2 and F4 coming back to us is worth more than 2 x F3 going out (packaging 21 and F2 can help move back into the 1st round, no one is taking 21 and 2 x F3s for a 1st rounder)

Overall this helped move 21 closer to the original 15 we asked for.

The deal is slight unders but pretty close to our original ask while you got the points you needed.

Even if you can’t split any more points this year your F2 and F3 next covers Fletcher.

Is this the right end result for you guys assuming the draft was today and there were no more pick swaps:
Dunkley, Ashcroft, Gunston and Fletcher for:
2 x 1sts
2 x 2nds
1 x 3rd
Berry
McStay

Tbh in hindsight the initial offer seemed like more of a good faith “if you want 2 firsts wholesale this is the only way it’s going to happen”, dogs probably fairly said no so we traded down and went about getting what we needed ourselves.

Just seems a bit silly that all of the hold up in the end was over the dogs wanting Geelongs future 4th included, which is basically worth nothing

Tbh in hindsight the initial offer seemed like more of a good faith “if you want 2 firsts wholesale this is the only way it’s going to happen”, dogs probably fairly said no so we traded down and went about getting what we needed ourselves.

Just seems a bit silly that all of the hold up in the end was over the dogs wanting Geelongs future 4th included, which is basically worth nothing

Geelongs future 4th will be used on our next triple brownlow medalist

I do wonder if part of the hold up Power and Ambrosio being unsure whether Brisbane could actually trade their future fourth or not, given it's they're only future fourth round pick and they'd be trading our their first.

Not sure how you think it could have been seen as good faith. We valued him (rightly in my opinion) as 2 x late 1st. Your first offer includes that but wanted 30, 39 and a F3 back. That’s not even close to 2 x 1st.

I think the hold up on the last day was us wanting the F4, but up until that point the holdup was with you guys.

Your first offer was mentioned above, then 21 & F1 for Dunkley, 30 & 39.

Then 21 & F1 for Dunkley and 39.

It wasn’t until very late you offered 21 & F1 without anything coming back, never mind agreeing that would be the basis with a future pick swap in our favour.

So no doubt the Dogs dragged it out the last day, but you guys dragged your feet the other 9 days and when you look how much better the final deal was for us it’s completely understandable why Power held out.

Not sure how you think it could have been seen as good faith. We valued him (rightly in my opinion) as 2 x late 1st. Your first offer includes that but wanted 30, 39 and a F3 back. That’s not even close to 2 x 1st.

I think the hold up on the last day was us wanting the F4, but up until that point the holdup was with you guys.

Your first offer was mentioned above, then 21 & F1 for Dunkley, 30 & 39.

Then 21 & F1 for Dunkley and 39.

It wasn’t until very late you offered 21 & F1 without anything coming back, never mind agreeing that would be the basis with a future pick swap in our favour.

So no doubt the Dogs dragged it out the last day, but you guys dragged your feet the other 9 days and when you look how much better the final deal was for us it’s completely understandable why Power held out.

Your argument is tedious…it’s over…Dunks is a Lion…

Looking forward to never hearing pony up again
We're going to hear it every trade period from now on.
Bevo = Mr Influence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back