Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't get to watch the entire game as I had commitments and was only able to see bits and pieces of it, Jordy had one errant kick that had me seething, the one where he hospitalized a kick to Pendles who got crunched and subsequently subbed off. Well apparently he was pretty good cause he got the 10 coaches votes and was about the only player rated on our board. I won't put myself through the torture of watching the replay though.

JDG was very good but also a bit frustrating yesterday. It was just annoying seeing Newcombe constantly getting the ball out in the second half. I think we have a lot of improvement to come, it's just been a frustrating season thus far
It'll turn. We'll come good. Our skills are just weirdly off. If I hadn't seen any of Jen's videos, I'd be suggesting we went an old school preseason and didn't get the balls out until February.

Last edited:

Newcombe's kicking was not a strength either.
That kick across the goal face and out of bounds right when they needed to press for a goal was chef’s kiss.

Jordy was outstanding I thought, but frustrating too. Same with Noble and Josh. It's us at the moment. Not that far away. Some really good plays, but just not finishing our work.
It was like the best 'almost' game imaginable. Amazing line breaking runs and huge physical presence.

I don't think they took into account his bad decision making and disposals yesterday. Did you miss the second half? Newcombe didn't do it for you. Sounds like a sideswipe to me or you just aren't able to see what's happening in a game. Would love to hear how you saw his game

Very good. He won the game for us. Not sure how you cant acknowledge an objective assessment of the best player on the ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very good. He won the game for us. Not sure how you cant acknowledge an objective assessment of the best player on the ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gee bro, I probably wrote that when we were starting to get pumped after half time. I didn't realise I had to be a professional talent scout to make a a comment as simple as " JDG and our midfield needs to lift". You seem a very angry man. Just chill and try and be less judgemental, life will be much more enjoyable for you and for us who have to put up with your childish sideswipes

I didn't get to watch the entire game as I had commitments and was only able to see bits and pieces of it, Jordy had one errant kick that had me seething, the one where he hospitalized a kick to Pendles who got crunched and subsequently subbed off. Well apparently he was pretty good cause he got the 10 coaches votes and was about the only player rated on our board. I won't put myself through the torture of watching the replay though.

I know the kick you refer to but that would be basing your assessment of Jordy's contribution on 1 play. :)

It didn't all gel for him but against Hawthorn JDG was the best Collingwood player on the ground. He was full of endeavour and has been unfairly criticised in this instance.

He set up his best mate Wombat Mitchell in similar fashion. He got his ribs crunched too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordy wiped Darcy Cameron's nose for him. If he licked his finger first, he'd be like evey mother that ever walked!

I want to know why the AFL feel justified in asking for an explanation?
Pretty simple. There are rules around actively bleeding players needing to leave the ground, including an obligation on the Club not to leave a player on the ground whilst actively bleeding. Whilst wiping a teammates blood isn't specifically addressed by the rules, it was clearly an attempt by Jordy to conceal the active bleeding, which at a stretch could be seen to be assisting the club to breach that rule.

It is inarguably a bad look to have players wiping other players blood and bloody unhygienic(even if we applaud Jordy's thinking to keep Darcy on the ground). Might cop a reprimand, maybe even a fine.

I think we should be suspending blokes for wiping blood off their own faces - clearly trying to fool the umpires.

Thank God he didn’t scratch an itchy ear.

Pretty simple. There are rules around actively bleeding players needing to leave the ground, including an obligation on the Club not to leave a player on the ground whilst actively bleeding. Whilst wiping a teammates blood isn't specifically addressed by the rules, it was clearly an attempt by Jordy to conceal the active bleeding, which at a stretch could be seen to be assisting the club to breach that rule.

It is inarguably a bad look to have players wiping other players blood and bloody unhygienic(even if we applaud Jordy's thinking to keep Darcy on the ground). Might cop a reprimand, maybe even a fine.

for some reason it reminds me of a club drug testing before game day....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back