Jimmy Bartel wants to play again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apologies if somebody has already started a thread on this, but I was a bit surprised to read this today.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/a/37401499/geelong-champion-jimmy-bartel-makes-shock-comeback-call/

Does anybody really think anybody would pick him up in a Sam Mitchell/Luke Hodge type arrangement? I'm not sure he is quite of their ilk in terms of being a vocal onfield leader. Although he obviously has that leadership aspect with how he did the family violence campaign last year.

I doubt he'll be picked up, but it was interesting to see him raise the possibility. Maybe the transition to post-footy life has been harder than he thought it would be?

Just another ex-player working in the media saying something to get clicks and stay relevant.

No, you making a thread about it on here is blowing it out of proportion.
So if I see a news report and mention it here, it's me blowing it out of proportion? Not Jimmy who talked about it on radio, not the news agencies that report it? It's me who's beating it up? Not to mention that I didn't think anybody would pick him up.

Trade Radio are into their second week and other than taking calls from Winston from Toorak who suggest Essendon trade their third rounder for Smith, Saad and Stringer they have NOTHING to talk about. Hence you get nonsense ramblings from presenters such as this. Unbelievable that anyone not affiliated with Trade Radio would run with this story or take it even half serious.

Tough crowd. Now I'm half hoping he nominates. ;)
It's the sort if thing we have have done in the past, just to have his influence around the club. New clubs dont naturally have the old stagers around to guide the youngsters.
I think those days coming to an end fir us, but it might not be the silliest thing for GC to do. If a suitable arrangement can be made and he's prepared not to be best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Radio are into their second week and other than taking calls from Winston from Toorak who suggest Essendon trade their third rounder for Smith, Saad and Stringer they have NOTHING to talk about. Hence you get nonsense ramblings from presenters such as this. Unbelievable that anyone not affiliated with Trade Radio would run with this story or take it even half serious.

I see Hirdy's keeping himself occupied these days...

He'd still be on an AFL list if his pride didn't get in the way. The game passed him by and when offered an extension which included full disclosure of the fact he wouldn't be guaranteed games he chose to walk away, which I can respect if he didn't carry on so much.

This "story " though is being taken out of context and beaten up so much it's an embarrassment. Nothing to see here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back