dirtyratz

Team Captain
Feb 25, 2008
Busselton
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks,SF 49ers,Subi Lions
Yep, IMHO number 8 is the enigma of all numbers, so , who is the GOAT number 8 of YOUR club.

For me, Beau Waters Westcoast

Sam Frost

Nathan Bassett with the mouth guard dummy spit

James clement was an absolute gun for us.

We've had a couple of very decent defenders in number 8 recently come to think of it with Langdon and Lumumba as well.

Tim Notting currently. Will Ashcroft in a couple of years.

The first name that came to mind was Robert Scott, but I'm sure there's been better. Can only think of Josh Hunt and Jake Kolodjashnij. Is there a website that has a list of numbers and players that wore them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question. My first thought was Ronnie Burns. Was very good at the cats.
but body of work as they say probably Josh hunt.

Nathan Bassett for the Crows.

The first name that came to mind was Robert Scott, but I'm sure there's been better. Can only think of Josh Hunt and Jake Kolodjashnij. Is there a website that has a list numbers and players that wore them?
www.afltables.com

Select your club, select "All Time Player List", click on "#" to list players by jumper number.

Paid it forward Mr Meow

Max Hudghton, Alan Morrow, Glen Elliot

Good question. My first thought was Ronnie Burns. Was very good at the cats.
but body of work as they say probably Josh hunt.
Not a huge list. Russell Renfrey has played 201 games, dual premiership player of the '51-52 era, then Josh Hunt (198) Dick Grigg (1904-1921) with 194 games and Kolo (180 games). Ronnie Burns played 134 games, and has kicked the most goals of any Cat wearing the Number 8 with 239 majors.

Not being around when Renfrey played, but I think he'd probably be the best of the group. For Geelong's history it may be the least famous low number.

Shaun Burgoyne went ok.

I don't know, nor do I care. I know Mark Riccuito was 32 and Andrew McLeod was 23, but I've never paid attention to jumper numbers.

www.afltables.com

Select your club, select "All Time Player List", click on "#" to list players by jumper number.

Paid it forward Mr Meow
Holy moley, that is quite an amazing source, and some incredible stats looking at the various Cats who have worn various numbers. Mitch Duncan (280 games) streets the next cat wearing #22, Tom Morrow with just 120. And Stevie J (253) is well ahead of the 1st Brownlow medal winner Edward Greeves, who played 124 games in the hoops as the next highest number of games in the #20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back