Jigsaw Puzzling.

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s cruel 🤣. 1000 is the most I have room for.
Yeah I do the big ones on my pool table. No more until after Xmas now as we will want to use the table

On the pool table?

How do you deal with what I call “puzzle back?”
its honestly not used much, but now with holidays and xmas it will be so no more puzzles until the xmas period is over

On the pool table?

How do you deal with what I call “puzzle back?”
You mean having to lean over? I do mine on a card table, hence the limited number of pieces I can do (plus I like to finish them in a reasonable time). I have put some books under the two furthest legs to tilt it up so it's a bit like a drafting table. Much better to work with.

The puzzles go on a lightweight framed board that I got at the local $2 shop. It's nearly as big as the card table top and is therefore moveable and also prevents the pieces from falling off.

I bought myself this last week - I’ve got a couple of 1000 piece mats, but nice to find a 2000 piece one because while I’d still haev to use the kitchen table for the larger puzzles, this will allow me to at least work on them & put them away as required

The other thing I like about it is that it has line markings for diff size puzzles, which will also helping with puzzle placement on the map

1703496458236.jpeg

1703496574263.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering if any of our puzzle lovers have tried any from the Play Group Colour range?

1703625285052.png

1703625410715.png

They also have other series sold through their website

1703625522955.png

Wondering if any of our puzzle lovers have tried any from the Play Group Colour range?

View attachment 1878507

View attachment 1878508

View attachment 1878509
They don’t interest me at all. I prefer lots of interesting detail. I particularly enjoyed this one

IMG_4321.jpeg

They don’t interest me at all. I prefer lots of interesting detail. I particularly enjoyed this one

View attachment 1878512

I haven't done that particular one, though I do have all 3 in the 'pun' series

The first one I did was the Tv Shows, I completed it and correctly guessed around 80 shows - I then looked at the answer sheet and found that there was artwork missing off my puzzle (that's for both the box artwork and the completed puzzle)

I contacted Hinkler who apologised as there had been a printing error and they sent me a new & different puzzle

1703629030247.jpeg

View attachment 1878507

View attachment 1878508

View attachment 1878509
I’ve seen that color prism one before, love it. It reckon I’d get very frustrated doing it. Had no idea every piece was a different shade, that’s crazy and they do a 5k puzzle with 5k different colours.

I’ve started my superhero one as I thought it might be easy, it’s not haha, my 6 year old niece keeps asking why I’m not finished yet.

1703625285052.png

Is this the one which changes colour when you move it?

Is this the one which changes colour when you move it?

That is part of the range but I didn't post that particular puzzle - it's one I'm most interested out of the collection though

I've done other lenticular puzzles with the moving image, but they've been relatively small in comparison at only 100 pieces Star Wars image - I can imagine that 1000 piece, changing colours one will take more than one night to complete

That is part of the range but I didn't post that particular puzzle - it's one I'm most interested out of the collection though

I've done other lenticular puzzles with the moving image, but they've been relatively small in comparison at only 100 pieces Star Wars image - I can imagine that 1000 piece, changing colours one will take more than one night to complete
One night!!! I take weeks to do a puzzle. I think the fastest I’ve done one is two weeks. But I don’t aim to do it as fast as possible.

Some friends of ours put out a puzzle - quite big I think - when they had friends staying, and two of the men stayed up all night to finish it 😳

One night!!! I take weeks to do a puzzle. I think the fastest I’ve done one is two weeks. But I don’t aim to do it as fast as possible.

Some friends of ours put out a puzzle - quite big I think - when they had friends staying, and two of the men stayed up all night to finish it 😳

I've never done a 1000 piece in one night - I've had a few I've done in 3 or 4 nights (I'll try to find photos which I think are on my computer), but they were interestingly patterned, colourful puzzles I had got from Kmart and they came together nicely

I've never done a 1000 piece in one night - I've had a few I've done in 3 or 4 nights (I'll try to find photos which I think are on my computer), but they were interestingly patterned, colourful puzzles I had got from Kmart and they came together nicely
A couple of years back I got some really nice Kodak brand puzzles from Kmart, the picture quality on the pieces were awesome, haven’t seen the Kodak ones since.

Interestingly this dc superheroes puzzle only has the rectangular pieces, no other shapes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back