Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah didn’t take long to find, was hoping to break the news live when it would get streamed but guess they opted out this year 🤷‍♂️

I reckon he would have won the votes by a landslide, he also won the goalkicking and will play in the GF next week.
That's really early. The YJFL still have a round left

Our boy Mo Taha shooting up the ranking boards with a bullet in the second half of the season. A best on ground display against a disappointing Northern Knights with a big win for the Cannons (14.9.93 - 6.13.49)

Mo Taha - 33d, 9k, 24hb, 4m, 8t, 4 I50
Amin Naim - 22d, 11k, 11hb, 6m, 3t, 3 I50, 1 goal
Ryan Eyre - 18d, 9k, 9hb, 4m, 3t,
Jimmy Nguyễn - 15d, 11k, 4hb, 5m, 4 R50, 1 goal 1 behind

Also featuring, first round prospect Jordan Croft had 1 goal from 5 possessions. Nate Caddy well held finishing with 1 behind from 11 possessions

Calder, all things considering should play a first week final against Dandenong Stingrays.

Our boy Mo Taha shooting up the ranking boards with a bullet in the second half of the season. A best on ground display against a disappointing Northern Knights with a big win for the Cannons (14.9.93 - 6.13.49)

Also featuring, first round prospect Jordan Croft had 1 goal from 5 possessions. Nate Caddy well held finishing with 1 behind from 11 possessions

Calder, all things considering should play a first week final against Dandenong Stingrays.
What is Mo Salahs draft range now?

I am going along with a few others here. I am not seeing a lot other than Taha being very late in the draft or slipping through to the cat B stage.

Calder had a good day out. Not too sure what happened in the WC.

Heard the Calder defender Corey Barbaro did well on Caddy that game.

Last edited:
It's not particularly about NGA kids but perhaps this is why we are clearing the decks ?

Irish kids to trial

Elite all-rounder among Irish quartet to get Combine call-up​

James McLaughlin, Eoin McElholm, Odhran Murdock and Conor Corbett will take part in the AFL's Draft Combine in October

FOUR AFL hopefuls from Ireland will arrive in Australia later this month and test alongside future stars at the Draft Combine.

The AFL is bringing out the four talents – James McLaughlin, Eoin McElholm, Odhran Murdock and Conor Corbett – who will trial at clubs and also take part in the physical and athletic testing at the three-day Combine.

They were identified as potential AFL recruits through this season and will be available to interested clubs for try-outs in the week after the Grand Final, with the Irish quartet to join with the under-17s futures squads before their clash on Grand Final morning at the MCG.

They will also train with those groups on Grand Final eve, giving recruiters another opportunity to see their scope.

Corbett, a 192cm 21-year-old, shapes as a big target for clubs having already been a star at Gaelic level, while McLaughlin is a sports all-rounder, having excelled in basketball, soccer and golf as well as Gaelic.

Speedster McElholm is expected to catch the eye of AFL clubs with his pace and comes from County Tyrone, the home club of Brisbane half-back and former Bomber Conor McKenna, while Murdock has been regarded as the standout player in his county.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there any 2025 or 2026 NGA players in the wings?
NameAge at end of 2023Dad
Alijah Davey16Alwyn Davey
Mara Lovett-Murray15Nathan Lovett-Murray
Aidan Ramanauskas15Adam Ramanauskas
Logan Daniher15Chris Daniher
Taj McPhee15Adam McPhee
Koby Bewick14Darren Bewick
William Hird14James Hird
Max Alessio14Steve Alessio
Thomas Caracella14Blake Caracella

Is Alijah Davey likely to be drafted?

He’s already far too good for NT underage footy and has dabbled in seniors at Palmerston with Alwyn Senior and Aaron.

NameAge at end of 2023Dad
Alijah Davey16Alwyn Davey
Mara Lovett-Murray15Nathan Lovett-Murray
Aidan Ramanauskas15Adam Ramanauskas
Logan Daniher15Chris Daniher
Taj McPhee15Adam McPhee
Koby Bewick14Darren Bewick
William Hird14James Hird
Max Alessio14Steve Alessio
Thomas Caracella14Blake Caracella

Those are F/S prospects.

You only get one Irish kid as cat B, the other one goes on the category A list. So if we got two we’d still have a category B list spot for NGA
really? genuinely had forgotten or wasn't aware of that. Point still stands though. Hope we have a gander at these Irish kids cause felt like McBride didn't improve in the 4 years he was here

really? genuinely had forgotten or wasn't aware of that. Point still stands though. Hope we have a gander at these Irish kids cause felt like McBride didn't improve in the 4 years he was here

McQuillan was a cat A rookie when they both came over and then we got permission to keep McBride on the cat B rookie list for another year due to the cancellation of VFL cos of COVID.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back