Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kako been very good, just makes things happen.
Naim quiet but not a great day for (semi) key forwards with rain drenching Trevor Barker Oval
Nguyen is just clean. Not much of it but progressive with ball in hand.
Eyre is another that stands out with his kicking, has a neat side step that got him out of trouble a couple of times.

No Taha, Cannons in lead at half time 35 - 38. Like the look of Luke Trainor (Sp?) Sandy defender, and the Cannons ruck (forgotten name) who has a crack

Final numbers for Saturdays game - Dragons (91) v Cannons (71)

Ryan Eyre - 24d (14k, 10hb), 2m, 2t, 6 R50
Jayden Nguyen - 14d (13k, 1hb), 2m, 2t, 3 I50, 1 goal
Isaac Kako - 12d (7k, 5hb), 2t, 6 I50, 2 goals
Amin Naim - 6d (5k, 1hb), 5m, 3t, 1goal 1 behind

Tasha injured I thought I read somewhere

Cannons travel to Mildura to play 9th placed Bendigo on Sunday at 1130.

Taha played for Metro

I think we really need another HBF, so really hoping Eyre slips to the Cat B list!

I think we really need another HBF, so really hoping Eyre slips to the Cat B list!
Eyre isn't the type we need. For free, yeah (would take Taha ahead of him) but not the speedy type we need.

Another good showing from Taha at Coates Talent League level (god its such a s**t name). Despite being dropped from Metro, close to BOG despite the cannons 18 point loss to the Pioneers (81 - 63).

Taha - 33d (15k, 18hb), 5 tackles, 7 frees for, 6 I50
Kako - 19d (10k, 9hb), 4 I50, 2 goals 1 behind
Naim - 10d (4k, 6 hb), 3m, 1goal, 2 behind
Nguyen - 6d (2k, 4 hb), 2 tackles
Eyre - 3d, (1k, 2hb)

Calder take on under achieving Dandenong at Highgate Reserve on 29 July, presumably with U18 rep boys back.

Our Cannons boys had another good outing, this time against a struggling Stingrays at Highgate reserve (is there a worse spot for footy than there?)

Underagers Jayden Nguyễn *35d, 16k, 19hb, 2m) probably best on out on a wing and half back. Isaac Kako seemed to play more of an on ball high(er) half forward role. Finsiehd with 22 (10k, 12hb, 2m, 2 t) and 1 goal 2. Amin Naim finished with 1 goal 2 from his 18 possessions (6k, 12hb, 3m) playing deep forward.

Taha and Eyre both did not play, unsure why. Cannons now sit 4th with an extra game played over Falcons and Rebels. 3 games left, they are all but secured finals

Our Cannons boys had another good outing, this time against a struggling Stingrays at Highgate reserve (is there a worse spot for footy than there?)

Underagers Jayden Nguyễn *35d, 16k, 19hb, 2m) probably best on out on a wing and half back. Isaac Kako seemed to play more of an on ball high(er) half forward role. Finsiehd with 22 (10k, 12hb, 2m, 2 t) and 1 goal 2. Amin Naim finished with 1 goal 2 from his 18 possessions (6k, 12hb, 3m) playing deep forward.

Taha and Eyre both did not play, unsure why. Cannons now sit 4th with an extra game played over Falcons and Rebels. 3 games left, they are all but secured finals
Taha is playing VFL today :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

isn't Harley Reid playing as well? should be interesting
Think Reid is in line to play next week if the reports are correct.

Was watching a fair bit of the game, Nguyen was playing as half back all game and had good explosion out of the back half. Naim was predominantly wing & high half forward for most of the game, really good to see his versatility and polish around the ball

One of our NGA's for next years draft, Nguyen has looked fantastic in the CTL for much of the season. Unfortunately, both he and Isaac Kako are in the first round conversation for 2024 which would rule them out of an NGA bid, unless the AFL change the rules again.

One of our NGA's for next years draft, Nguyen has looked fantastic in the CTL for much of the season. Unfortunately, both he and Isaac Kako are in the first round conversation for 2024 which would rule them out of an NGA bid, unless the AFL change the rules again.

nguyen looks pretty good, where do you think those two are ranking as of now?

nguyen looks pretty good, where do you think those two are ranking as of now?
I don't have either of them in the top bracket of 10ish players, but they're definitely in the mix after that. Its too early to be more precise than that though.

Cannons went down to Murray by a solitary point today, 75 - 74, Mo Taha huge but not names in the best. Kako with more goals to paint himself as an early selection for next year.

Mo Taha 37d, 14k, 22hb, 5m, 5t, 6 I50
Amin Naim 24d, 12k, 12hb, 6m, 4 I50, 3 R 50
Isaac Kako 20d, 12k, 8hb, 10m, 3t, 4 goals 1 behind
Jayden Nguyen 17d, 9k, 8hb, 3m, 3 R50

Special mention to my man (claiming him anyways), Hugo Garcia. Tackle machine with a touch of class who had 25 and 2 with 2 tackles along with 4 I50's.

On Strathmore football club page mate, it's official
Yeah didn’t take long to find, was hoping to break the news live when it would get streamed but guess they opted out this year 🤷‍♂️

I reckon he would have won the votes by a landslide, he also won the goalkicking and will play in the GF next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back