Jacinta Allan - 49th Victorian Premier.

Remove this Banner Ad

the biggest lie modern liberalism has sold people is that peaceful non disruptive protests are the only way

they're pretty much the opposite of what has been successful in the past

go look at all the large movements that changed how western countries work and you wont find a bunch of people getting a permit to sit out of the way with a few signs patiently waiting for change

stop focusing on the sov cits, who gives a s**t about them, they're not going to enact real change, just because they are annoying isn't a good reason to erode the right to protest for actual relevant issues though

you think they haven't spent decades handing out flyers which you ignore?

you think there haven't been decades of attempts to get meaningful action on climate change?

if that is what you think it really does show the lack of results doing that provides
I daresay their actions have engaged with a lot more people than fruitcakes who glue themselves to roads. What sort of meaningful action is that generating?

Can only assume Gralin that you don't come into the City and have not been caught up / disrupted by protestors.

All I can say is that the Extinction Rebellion dickheads are lucky the woman who ended up giving birth on the Westgate Bridge did not lose her baby, or that the dickheads who tampered with the traffic lights are lucky there was no serious accident.

But this is what happens when you let these dickheads protest ad-infinitum. You give them an inch and they take a mile
You get that the impact of climate change is going to be much worse and more widespread than the disruptions from a protest yeah?

Or maybe you don't

either way these outrage stories are generated and published to gain support from the public for the erosion of our own rights

I daresay their actions have engaged with a lot more people than fruitcakes who glue themselves to roads. What sort of meaningful action is that generating?
well you keep talking about one so it seem so have had some impact on you

but again people in this country love being cops so I'm sure you won't stop to think for a second about the fact that the real issue is governments doing nothing to address a global issue that is going to do way more damage than what these protestors have done

way more

You get that the impact of climate change is going to be much worse and more widespread than the disruptions from a protest yeah?

Or maybe you don't

either way these outrage stories are generated and published to gain support from the public for the erosion of our own rights

but again people in this country love being cops so I'm sure you won't stop to think for a second about the fact that the real issue is governments doing nothing to address a global issue that is going to do way more damage than what these protestors have done

way more
I don't see them as being mutually exclusive... And I also don't think that carrying on like pork chops and disrupting people's lives is going to curry enough (any) favour with the public to get them to demand more from our governments.

This "ends justifying the means" BS just allows both RWNJ and Climate Protestors to propagate what they're doing... And achieve nothing

Or maybe you don't

way more
If you're talking about people being allowed to be f*ck knuckles without repercussions, then is it really a "right" that needs to be defended?

I don't see them as being mutually exclusive... And I also don't think that carrying on like pork chops and disrupting people's lives is going to curry enough (any) favour with the public to get them to demand more from our governments.

This "ends justifying the means" BS just allows both RWNJ and Climate Protestors to propagate what they're doing... And achieve nothing
the fact you lump climate change protestors and RWNJs together says all that really needs to be said about your position on this

you're never going to march with climate change protestors, everything else is just noise to justify you're position

If you're talking about people being allowed to be f*ck knuckles without repercussions, then is it really a "right" that needs to be defended?
if you think cops to have the laws and powers in place to deal with what you call * knuckles already you're rather naive

the fact you lump climate change protestors and RWNJs together says all that really needs to be said about your position on this

you're never going to march with climate change protestors, everything else is just noise to justify you're position
Not really, they are just 2 examples that I have seen of dumb behaviour. You're the one advocating for everyone to have the right to do it, so why would the cause matter?

If there are people protesting about Palestine (or Israel for that matter) who are doing the same then I include them in the same category. And before you make any further assumptions, I have attended a number of pro-Palestine events in our region. Funnily enough, none of them involved blocking roads or giving people the sH1ts.

So it matters what is being protested, or is it a universal right?

if you think cops to have the laws and powers in place to deal with what you call * knuckles already you're rather naive
This is where you are being 100% disingenuous Gralin. Police are already under resourced and being stretched to the limits. Having to dedicate vital resources EVERY weekend, not just once in a while, to protests, does nothing to alleviate the problems being encountered.

And I simply cannot believe you imply tampering with traffic lights and blocking Melbourne's major E-W connection during peak hour traffic is okay.

You don't give a s**t that small businesses in the CBD are adversely affected by these protests, do you?

This is where you are being 100% disingenuous Gralin. Police are already under resourced and being stretched to the limits. Having to dedicate vital resources EVERY weekend, not just once in a while, to protests, does nothing to alleviate the problems being encountered.
I don't care about cops.
I am not being disingenuous
There is a reason protests keep happening and cops don't want to turn up isn't a good reason to stop protests

And I simply cannot believe you imply tampering with traffic lights and blocking Melbourne's major E-W connection during peak hour traffic is okay.
Yeah I think it's fine
You don't give a s**t that small businesses in the CBD are adversely affected by these protests, do you?
What do you think climate change is going to do to everyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sums up why you should give it away.
Hey Sttew interesting quote you got there
Can't find it myself though might want to be careful about making s**t up

Thanks for proving why that article exists though.

And my previous points about how people don't understand how protest works

You ever think they might be putting this article out there to try and get pressure off the government to do anything?

Hey Sttew interesting quote you got there
Can't find it myself though might want to be careful about making s**t up

Thanks for proving why that article exists though.

And my previous points about how people don't understand how protest works

You ever think they might be putting this article out there to try and get pressure off the government to do anything?
What article?

The one posted in this thread that started this conversation that you're parroting
I don't need an article to express a view, and if, as you claim, I was "parroting" it is coincidental. I did not read that article, wherever it was.

Back to topic, you are truly incredible. You post what can only be described as extreme views and mock anyone who disagrees with you.

I don't need an article to express a view, and if, as you claim, I was "parroting" it is coincidental. I did not read that article, wherever it was.

Back to topic, you are truly incredible. You post what can only be described as extreme views and mock anyone who disagrees with you.
no your views just match the article that was posted in this thread and that we've been discussing

the media loves to talk about the disruption climate change protestors cause to the public

have you thought about the disruption that climate change itself will cause to the public

because basically you're having a sook that traffic was worse, not that the government is doing nothing about an impending disaster

and you're whinging about the people that are bringing this up and calling them and me extremists because what we don't think sitting meekly at home waiting for the s**t to hit the fan is a good idea?

Governments around the world clearly, clearly don't want to do anything to combat climate change, they're busy fast tracking projects that will make things worse while saying they can't afford to do anything meaningful

subsiding fossil fuels companies for billions

treating people that protest this like terrorists and you're worried about a vandalised traffic light

do you get the absolute stupidity of putting the vandalism front and center as the problem?

no your views just match the article that was posted in this thread and that we've been discussing

And your views mirror those of Gail Bradbrook, Simon Bramwell, Roger Hallam and Stuart Basden. Extreme and unhinged.

treating people that protest this like terrorists and you're worried about a vandalised traffic light

do you get the absolute stupidity of putting the vandalism front and center as the problem?
No need to lecture me! Whatever credibility you had was lost when you said it was "fine" for protesters to tamper with traffic lights and under resourced Police had no right to complain about protests. A Vandalised traffic system is a criminal act every day of the week.

And FWIW, the problem is the fact that your friends have come out every weekend and disrupted the City. It's had no impact on the cause but has surely alienated the majority of the population.

Last edited:
And your views mirror those of Gail Bradbrook, Simon Bramwell, Roger Hallam and Stuart Basden. Extreme and unhinged.
I had to google them because unlike you I don't really care what extinction rebellion is doing
I do think the fact you're more worried about them than inaction on climate change says a lot though

No need to lecture me! Whatever credibility you had was lost when you said it was "fine" for protesters to tamper with traffic lights and under resourced Police had no right to complain about protests. A Vandalised traffic system is a criminal act every day of the week.
Seems you feel like you should be doing the lecturing
What should be criminal is what governments and corporations around the world are doing

Oh and I said I don't give a s**t about cops complaining about the job they signed up for
And FWIW, the problem is the fact that your friends have come out every weekend and disrupted the City. It's had no impact on the cause but has surely alienated the majority of the population.
My friends?

Which group is my friends in this.

Is it the climate change protestors

The pro Palestinian protestors

The sovereign citizens

Some other group?

There are a lot of people protesting a lot of things at the moment because in case you hadn't noticed it's pretty s**t everywhere

Maybe if governments took action there would be less protests?

Interesting that you don't think the government is alienating anyone while these movements grow and get more vocal

I'm not the one railing against protests - I understand the argument about the need to disrupt etc.

But there has been no development to a better, more effective way of getting a point across. The vaccination mandates held, Israel continues to act the way it is acting... perhaps the protests are at least a little bit performative.

Now come on, I’m sure the Prime Minister of Israel will be heavily swayed by a handful of nuffies acting like dickheads in Melbourne…

Now come on, I’m sure the Prime Minister of Israel will be heavily swayed by a handful of nuffies acting like dickheads in Melbourne…
That's not what they're trying to achieve here Eddie
Quite a few more then a handful are turning up too

If that’s so then what’s been said in recent pages is right, no one is paying any attention and they’re all blurring into an overkill of protests and no one cares.
People are good at ignoring things they don't want to deal with.

People are also good at pretending they don't understand what's actually going on so they can post bullshit on the internet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back