Scape Goat Iva and Ben's BDSM dungeon of Gold Coast SUNS negativity

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Dew can't survive this surely
I've kept my tinder dry on the Dew coaching conundrum but to not even give a whimper to a team we should at least be in the ballpark with when we're trying to make finals is just unforgivable
If by some miracle we do make finals sure-reconsider, but if we don't then it's a hard no from me
I can stomach losses but not being competitive when we just had to be is a sporting crime of the highest order

Dew can't survive this surely
I've kept my tinder dry on the Dew coaching conundrum but to not even give a whimper to a team we should at least be in the ballpark with when we're trying to make finals is just unforgivable
If by some miracle we do make finals sure-reconsider, but if we don't then it's a hard no from me
I can stomach losses but not being competitive when we just had to be is a sporting crime of the highest order
Hardwick must be in Evans speed dial.

Are you saying that wasn't terrible?

This game was terrible, but we are not that bad.
The season is more than one game, and I well remember being 35 points down against the Crows but getting up and winning with a lot of 'fringe' players doing their job and the leaders playing well. I remember it 'cause it was only 15 days ago.

This game was terrible, but we are not that bad.
The season is more than one game, and I well remember being 35 points down against the Crows but getting up and winning with a lot of 'fringe' players doing their job and the leaders playing well. I remember it 'cause it was only 15 days ago.
Darwin played a big part in that win

Was meant to be Vosses last game.
It should be Dews.
For 5 years he been giving us keyboard warriors the same mumbo jumbo.

“We’re working on how to stop the other team for getting on a run”

5-6years later and 12 goals straight to a team who has lost its past 6 matches

Proves the point.

Dew isn’t the messiah people think he is.

If we hadn’t played in Darwin the last few weeks. There’s a good chance we prob could have lost them both. And sitting at 4-9 instead of 6-7

Are you saying that wasn't terrible?
Of course, it was a terrible game and by all players, especially by players who usually play well.

By all means go hard but it's just one game. BTW, all teams coming from bye lost when playing a team not having a bye. Did you see Lions performance against Hawks? It was a similar crap. Freo was pathetic too after bye.

Yes, if we play like that against Hawks and Collingwood then it's season over for a team and probably Dew.

Was meant to be Vosses last game.
It should be Dews.
For 5 years he been giving us keyboard warriors the same mumbo jumbo.

“We’re working on how to stop the other team for getting on a run”

5-6years later and 12 goals straight to a team who has lost its past 6 matches

Proves the point.

Dew isn’t the messiah people think he is.

If we hadn’t played in Darwin the last few weeks. There’s a good chance we prob could have lost them both. And sitting at 4-9 instead of 6-7
I like your unbiased ifs. Can I add a couple of ifs?

If Witts played against Freo we would have probably won, if umpires did not screw us against Melbourne we have probably won, if we converted easy opportunities against Essendon we have probably won. That would be 9 wins - 4 losses.

It's close margin between wins and losses in extremely close competition. Most teams had a couple of shockers.

Today's loss was terrible, BTW.

I like your unbiased ifs. Can I add a couple of ifs?

If Witts played against Freo we would have probably won, if umpires did not screw us against Melbourne we have probably won, if we converted easy opportunities against Essendon we have probably won. That would be 9 wins - 4 losses.

It's close margin between wins and losses in extremely close competition. Most teams had a couple of shockers.

Today's loss was terrible, BTW.
My old granny used to say
"If ifs and buts were Kings and Queens there'd be no need for in-betweens"

It's my special place where I can come to find some relief - and find others who feel the same. I have suffered many defeats over the years but I hated that one last night. Having to sit there and know the game was over by quarter time - and yes, I stayed until the very end. Absolutely no real game plan at all - and why oh why didn't we at least kick out of defence down the western side in the first quarter - at least once or twice. Players were clear on many occasions but it must be part of the 'plan' to never vary and just keep persisting with the same rubbish. Chucky and Will were the only two who seemed to maintain some composure under the onslaught. So - Dew must go. Don't care if he's a nice guy and the players like him. He can't coach and should fall on his own sword and save the club some money. Ace and Rosas should never play again - they are just not A grade talent. David Swallow (bless his loyal heart) is so off the pace it hurts to watch. Ben Long? Constable might hack the ball BUT at least he gets it. Ellis has passed his use by date. Humphreys needs to play mid all game or at least alternate with Flanders and both stay on the ground for most of the game. Reward some of the guys in the 2s - I'd even give Chol a go and rest Casboult. Hollands, McLaughlin, Constable, Blakely - even Sharp deserve a run. Port will be a pivotal game in Dew's career. He's had three years too many and this game should see the end of him. I need a rest.... and I forgot Mac Andrew - he will turn out to be a good footballer I think but not yet. Needs to play a lot more in the 2s and learn the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up until a few months ago I would be upset with yesterdays result but lost my passion now.

Yes I love it when we win games which is pretty rare (76 from 273 games) but when we lose I don’t care much it’s just a standard result in being a Gold Coast Suns fan a win

I rarely bother to talk footy to anyone anymore you either get the piss taken out of you or offered pity either way you’ve got nothing to come back with because even the worst performing teams have at least had some success along the way

I used to be a proud member I don’t even bother to wear any Suns merchandise outside of attending the game for the same reason.

The club is probably in the most strongest position off field since inception yet we are still here floundering around the bottom half of the ladder

As fans and members we goto home games and regularly out numbered by opposing supporters. The casual supporters are not interested because they’ve been burnt so many times, they attend games like yesterday that get hyped up by everyone (club/media) and the true Suns performance we’ve become accustomed to over 13 years is served like your favourite dinner dish

I always used to say you’re not a true supporter if you don’t stay to the end of the game. I will still attend games but if it’s a non effort performance like we have witnessed many times I’ll be straight lining for the exit

Normally I'm raging and now I just feel numb.

I said in the game thread last night that I've never been more thankful to have come down with the flu on Saturday morning at work, Because if I had to have sat on a railbus down from Brisbane to sit and watch through that I may have tried to fight every single Pies supporter in the joint.

I've never turned off a game prior to halftime... until last night. It's just utterly depressing to get my hopes up only to see them violated.

97f03401-033c-4237-9344-ddb65b3d376e_text.gif

Usually, I only reserve this gif for my love life but at least girls normally only hurt me once.

Up until a few months ago I would be upset with yesterdays result but lost my passion now.

Yes I love it when we win games which is pretty rare (76 from 273 games) but when we lose I don’t care much it’s just a standard result in being a Gold Coast Suns fan a win

I rarely bother to talk footy to anyone anymore you either get the piss taken out of you or offered pity either way you’ve got nothing to come back with because even the worst performing teams have at least had some success along the way

I used to be a proud member I don’t even bother to wear any Suns merchandise outside of attending the game for the same reason.

The club is probably in the most strongest position off field since inception yet we are still here floundering around the bottom half of the ladder

As fans and members we goto home games and regularly out numbered by opposing supporters. The casual supporters are not interested because they’ve been burnt so many times, they attend games like yesterday that get hyped up by everyone (club/media) and the true Suns performance we’ve become accustomed to over 13 years is served like your favourite dinner dish

I always used to say you’re not a true supporter if you don’t stay to the end of the game. I will still attend games but if it’s a non effort performance like we have witnessed many times I’ll be straight lining for the exit

Yep, getting harder.
But we are probably closer to being good than we have ever been. The last bit is the hardest, and it might all fall apart, but we are closer than ever. And plenty seem to think that Dew is the biggest problem and if so then we can be a lot better next year. Last year, the Bombers won 7, the Crows 8, and Port 10. Two years ago the Pies won 6. It can be done.

Cr$%#p, sorry. Not negative enough for the toilet thread.
How about this? If we don't come good in about 6 years and Tassie do come in, then it will be back to 18 teams anyway.

Not sure about you Iva Bigun but I’m not feeling overly great about everything that’s going down right now and where the club sits.

Would of been a lot more happy to of been wrong and been playing finals in 2023.

All the hate and trolling we have received the past 12-24months knowing this is the way out yet now all the sudden the haters are spinning the same lines as we had years earlier.

There’s no winners here.
Hopefully we get it sorted asap so the club the players and the AFL world knows who is coaching and whether we actually mean business.

We won’t attract anyone if we go into trade period coachless.

Not sure about you Iva Bigun but I’m not feeling overly great about everything that’s going down right now and where the club sits.

Would of been a lot more happy to of been wrong and been playing finals in 2023.

All the hate and trolling we have received the past 12-24months knowing this is the way out yet now all the sudden the haters are spinning the same lines as we had years earlier.

There’s no winners here.
Hopefully we get it sorted asap so the club the players and the AFL world knows who is coaching and whether we actually mean business.

We won’t attract anyone if we go into trade period coachless.
Hopefully the hierarchy can now see he (Dew) is not up to it, he is a lovely bloke and committed to the club but unfortunately 6 seasons is 2 seasons too long to be still rubbish. I have to say that with my meeting with Mark Evans he was bullish on Dew but then again he didn’t seem to think the Bowes and pick 7, 2MP or Rankine trades were any big deal either. Sometimes you can’t see the forest for the trees.

Hopefully the hierarchy can now see he (Dew) is not up to it, he is a lovely bloke and committed to the club but unfortunately 6 seasons is 2 seasons too long to be still rubbish. I have to say that with my meeting with Mark Evans he was bullish on Dew but then again he didn’t seem to think the Bowes and pick 7, 2MP or Rankine trades were any big deal either. Sometimes you can’t see the forest for the trees.
Agree, Dew has overstayed his welcome BUT there are at least 6 guys currently playing in the 1s that would not get a game in any other team. The guys performing in the 2s MUST be given a game before the season's end - if only to show why they should have been in earlier. They pick themselves but would be keen to see who others think need to be rested! A key defender has been needed to years now but we've never addressed the issue at all.

Liam Jones was right there for the taking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back