Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

They don’t rate Noble’s kicking apparently
As good a year that JN has had, when he kicks down the line ( which is often ) i close my eyes and hope that perhaps once per game we retain possesion. Think he will really be targeted in the finals as a potential weak link, hoping like crazy he holds up and kills it in the finals.
I thought the Blues, Lions and Hawks really worked hard to blunt IQ's influence. Not surprised at all to hear the Dees will do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Q, his determination and straight line attitude.

I first saw Q play in a practice match against Melbourne Feb 2019 and posted:

Quaynor good skills and speed but may not play early, a couple of times tried to do too much.

Played 4 games in 2019.

Heard some whispers this morning.
They rate IQ as the one to stop re our backline.
Hibberd and McDonald will come back into the team.
This is where Melksham going out hurts them. He’d have been perfect v IQ with McDonald v Moore. I was hoping it wouldn’t go that way, but Hibberd for Turner seems a monty.

IQ was bloody stiff! Stewart getting his cumpulsory AA jacket for showing up irks me and IQ had a better season. Geelong set their defense up to allow him to dominate and they were poor defensively this year. Selectors were seduced by numbers.

In Fox's review of the AA they mentioned players who missed out.
They said this about IQ:

"Didn’t have the possession volume dominance as Sicily, Stewart, Sinclair and Houston add, but my word his one-on-one record this year for a mid-sized defender is bonkers, losing just four of his 24 one-on-one contests. He’s also averaging career-high intercept marks and intercept possessions."

In Fox's review of the AA they mentioned players who missed out.
They said this about IQ:

"Didn’t have the possession volume dominance as Sicily, Stewart, Sinclair and Houston add, but my word his one-on-one record this year for a mid-sized defender is bonkers, losing just four of his 24 one-on-one contests. He’s also averaging career-high intercept marks and intercept possessions."

Touches is not everything in Footy

Saw IQ a few weeks ago at the sponsor’s function I attended. He was very popular and spent a lot of time with his sponsors, taking selfies, signing stuff, just generally hanging with them. Showed a humble and respectful attitude which, when combined with his footy, goes to his good character and his part in the renaissance of our club and it’s culture. Love him.

I reckon he will be out next captain. In about 5 years when Darcy hands over the reins. Such a good player but also super professional and speaks so well for a young bloke.

I reckon he will be out next captain. In about 5 years when Darcy hands over the reins. Such a good player but also super professional and speaks so well for a young bloke.
As good as IQ is, Nick Daicos is the next captain