Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a fair call, and no knock on Maynard (although arguably he's been slightly down, thats a discussion for another thread), IQ has been brilliant. I guess Nick Daicos is a mid now so it's admissible ;)

For his stature he's a beast. Doesn't seem to have a mean streak which is lucky for enemy forwards, he can monster bigger players and keeps them honest.

I thought he was BOG tonight - take nothing from Nick who I love but thought IQ had bigger influence

Wasn’t great on Weightman in the first quarter. Gets dinged a bit for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely will be in the AA squad come end of the year.
Maybe a long with 6-8 of his team mates.

from my Delorean

Last year i hoped he would become a Bachar Houli/David Wirrupunda type small defender for us, wasn't looking good in the first few games but now he is really flying. Our backline has great synergy now with Moore, Noble and Quaynor consistently linking up and driving us forward.

Last year i hoped he would become a Bachar Houli/David Wirrupunda type small defender for us, wasn't looking good in the first few games but now he is really flying. Our backline has great synergy now with Moore, Noble and Quaynor consistently linking up and driving us forward.

Fair call though I see him as more a Nick Vlaustin type who us incredibly strong overhead for his size. IQ is a gun. Maybe we can have a second Quaynor on the list soon?

This is closer to the version of IQ that I expect. He is fulfilling his role very well and is rock solid.

I thought early it was Noble on him. Thought he moved onto him after he kicked the first two.
No, it was Q.
But the whole defensive unit was in disarray for the first 10 minutes when Weightman got off the leash.
There was more to that than Q.

No, it was Q.
But the whole defensive unit was in disarray for the first 10 minutes when Weightman got off the leash.
There was more to that than Q.
That do juggle around their opponents a fair bit. He was on Weightman most of the night but due to what was going on around him he wasn’t directly on Weightman when he kicked his first as Noble temporarily picked him up.

I’ll have to look at the replay again but I’m pretty sure one of Weightman’s goals in the last (the first one) was similar.