Isaac Heeney vs Christian Petracca

Who is/will be the better player?

• Isaac Heeney

Votes: 177 53.2%
  • Christian Petracca

Votes: 156 46.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh ok, THE favourite then. Realistically you won't win enough games to give him a serious shot though.
I don’t think he’ll make top 5. Usually takes a year for the umps to notice a star, then they notice them too much the year after.

Fair point. Either way, it's pleasing to see him live up to his potential. What happened to him over the offseason?
Burgess made him get serious apparently

Unfair considering the difference in their 2020's, but if Heeney can get to the level Petracca has this year, as a mid, the Swans will be ecstatic.

I thought Petracca's best form dropped right away in the last month or so of 2020 but he's now reached the point in his career where this is the norm and he will dominate and become a regular top 10 midfielder for a number of years.

Petracca and it isn't close

Absolutely , as long as you ignore heeney getting more kicks marks tackles and goals over their careers, playing in more wins , polling more Brownlow votes

then yeah sure it’s not even close if you discount football

Totally stupid comparison.
Both guns in different ways.
No, not stupid.

Similar height, similar games played, and both started predominantly forward with occasional forays into the midfield.

Also, same draft and Melbourne bid on Heeney with pick 2 before taking Petracca with the same pick after Sydney stumped up. So even from that point of view they'll always be intertwined.

Yes, they're quite different players, but the comparison from a value standpoint, or who'd you rather, has merit.

Absolutely , as long as you ignore heeney getting more kicks marks tackles and goals over their careers, playing in more wins , polling more Brownlow votes

If you were offered a straight swap right now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an odd set of stats to use.

No one will argue Heeney burst on to the scene faster, he is yet to have a year like Trac did this year though.

Trac also leads Heeney in clearances, contested possessions, goal assists, score involvements, inside 50’s.

How desperate can you get :drunk:

I thought Petracca's best form dropped right away in the last month or so of 2020 but he's now reached the point in his career where this is the norm and he will dominate and become a regular top 10 midfielder for a number of years.
coaches had him BOG in the last 2 rounds of the year, he had a couple of quiet weeks before that but didn't really drop off

Right now logically you would take Petracca, he was immense this year and Heeney cooped a bad injury.

It will be interesting to see where this pool is at in 3 years, but that will only be if Heeney can stay injury free.
You mean it will only be if Heeney can elevate himself to the absolute elite elite of the league where Petracca now sits

You mean it will only be if Heeney can elevate himself to the absolute elite elite of the league where Petracca now sits

Well we don't know if he can or he can't, he has the potential to but there isn't a guarantee.

He needs to stay fit first in order to be able to do that though, that's the reason why I said it will be interesting to see this pool in 3 years if Heeney can stay fit.

It's Petracca comfortably

But I will be honest, if Heeney starts putting games together like their final this year and stays injury free he will close the gap quickly and significantly

Heeney has the potential to truly rip games apart a be a top 10 AFL player

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Back