Isaac Heeney vs Christian Petracca

Who is/will be the better player?

• Isaac Heeney

Votes: 177 53.2%
  • Christian Petracca

Votes: 156 46.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, I think it's funny that you say that because stringer has had a better season then Jesse hogan the last 2 years, but i guess you think Jesse is an out and out star. Stringer still kicked 40 goals for the year.
You're utterly delusional if you think Stringer had a better 2016 than Hogan.

Hogan beat him in virtually every worthwhile statistic.

Stringer was dropped you dope.

Unsurprisingly, a jilted Freo fan bobs up. :)

One thing I aint is a liar.

Stringer is a selfish showpony, who avoids contests and flies for ridiculous marks. He hardly fired a shot last season.

And you know I disagreed with his AA, which he received on hype as much as anything else.

Any honest Dog's supporter would acknowledge what I've said.
Who would you have preferred to be AA that year? Jetta? JKH?

One thing I aint is a liar.

Stringer is a selfish showpony, who avoids contests and flies for ridiculous marks. He hardly fired a shot last season.

And you know I disagreed with his AA, which he received on hype as much as anything else.

Any honest Dog's supporter would acknowledge what I've said.

2015 he was exceptional. I've told you that, it's a cold hard fact not even worth disputing. If he wasn't AA then who should have been in his place?

2016 he was underwhelming but still finished leading goalkicker of the premiers. It is oh so hilarious you point out these things he does bad as a reason you don't rate him, yet if someone pointed out hogan is a bit tentative when going into a pack and selfishly berates teammates and umpires rather than go the ball you chuck a fit.

As for stringer being dropped- that's what happens at a club with standards. Great white hope hogan would have been dropped too during his last month and a bit of non performances.

On the topic of the thread, Heeney>petracca. Class always beats a bigger body

2015 he was exceptional. I've told you that, it's a cold hard fact not even worth disputing. If he wasn't AA then who should have been in his place?

2016 he was underwhelming but still finished leading goalkicker of the premiers. It is oh so hilarious you point out these things he does bad as a reason you don't rate him, yet if someone pointed out hogan is a bit tentative when going into a pack and selfishly berates teammates and umpires rather than go the ball you chuck a fit.

As for stringer being dropped- that's what happens at a club with standards. Great white hope hogan would have been dropped too during his last month and a bit of non performances.

On the topic of the thread, Heeney>petracca. Class always beats a bigger body

I've never said I don't rate Stringer. He's an exceptional talent. But right now he's considerably overrated for his output. And he wasn't AA worthy in 2015, imo. Off hand, I can't remember the other candidates and don't have time to start trawling. Nor do I care. Leading goal-kicker of the team that finished 7th. It's a bit different to being a leading goal-kicker in a season dominant team.

Hogan is a pack-splitter, he's not "tentative" in packs. Why you'd try and highlight one of his strengths as a weakness is incredibly puerile. And if you reckon you saw him being tentative in one of the 500 packs he entered for the season (and suggest it's worth referencing) then you're a bigger dope than I thought.

Heeney is a great player. I doubt a Melbourne supporter would begrudge him winning this poll. But I suspect young Christian might surprise you in 2017.

Stringer doesn't play like a key forward so I don't know why he gets compared to them. He just burns people with speed and strength once the ball hits the deck and scores ridiculous goals. His form dropped off badly last year but he still snagged 40.

As for the poll I'll go with Petracca. Has that rare combo of strength and burst speed that will help elevate him to a higher level than Heeney if everything goes right.

Stringer doesn't play like a key forward so I don't know why he gets compared to them. He just burns people with speed and strength once the ball hits the deck and scores ridiculous goals. His form dropped off badly last year but he still snagged 40.

Agreed Stringer is more comparable to Petracca and Heeney than Hogan imo.

Petracca has shown some glimpses of being a talented footballer, for mine Heeney has done it more consistently and is really solidified in the swans best 22. Can Petracca catch him, maybe but I doubt it.

Petracca has shown some glimpses of being a talented footballer, for mine Heeney has done it more consistently and is really solidified in the swans best 22. Can Petracca catch him, maybe but I doubt it.
The comparison between Heeney and Petracca will be far more valid after Petracca has his second season. 2016 was off the back of an interrupted preseason coming off an ACL and broken toe. Let's see what he can do after a full preseason and a better understanding of AFL footy.

Heeney has had more opportunity to show his wares because he's played 21 more games (38 - 17).

That said, in year one (albeit 3 less games) Heeney had 20 or more disposals once, while Petracca did in 5 times. In fact, Heeney had more than 17 disposals just once, while Petracca did it 8 times.

We'll know much more about these two at the end of 2017.

The comparison between Heeney and Petracca will be far more valid after Petracca has his second season. 2016 was off the back of an interrupted preseason coming off an ACL and broken toe. Let's see what he can do after a full preseason and a better understanding of AFL footy.

Heeney has had more opportunity to show his wares because he's played 21 more games (38 - 17).

That said, in year one (albeit 3 less games) Heeney had 20 or more disposals once, while Petracca did in 5 times. In fact, Heeney had more than 17 disposals just once, while Petracca did it 8 times.

Traccsyyyy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do agree that it's still a little premature on Petracca, he has the next season or two to prove a lot of doubters wrong.

Very rare for a 2nd year player to do what Heeney did in the finals last season. He really announced himself as a future gun midfielder.

Will be interesting to see how he kicks on and whether Petracca can catch him.

I think Heeney is a better all round player, and is likely to get into the game and reads it better.

However, Petracca can damage the opposition with his explosive and creative play. I think Petracca lacks the engine to be a full-time midfielder, which probably separates the two in that respect.

Would be happy with either at the Cattery ofc.

Heeney has almost been our best player since the resurgence started and that's coming back from glandular fever and still not running out games 100%. I expect he'll put up a great season but when he gets a full preseason behind him next year, we could see something pretty special.

Back