Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we still have room to go lower.

We aren't woke enough yet, a few more positional changes within our administration and we should achieve maximum wokeness.

Snake was right. The beginning of the end was when we appointed a non football person (Laura Kane) with no experience to one of the most important positions in our club. Absolute shite show ever since.

I'll always follow and support our players but our administration is the joke of the competition.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

We aren't woke enough yet, a few more positional changes within our administration and we should achieve maximum wokeness.

Snake was right. The beginning of the end was when we appointed a non football person (Laura Kane) with no experience to one of the most important positions in our club. Absolute shite show ever since.

I'll always follow and support our players but our administration is the joke of the competition.

Agreed we haven't seen woke clubs win anything recently apart from Richmond, Melbourne and Collingwood.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jessica Chastain Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Brother. I look forward to your reaction when Dani Laidleys becomes our new Football Director on our Board. :stern look

For me it’s the consequences of winning that last game last year.

Losing 26 games and winning the 1 that lost us access to what we all knew will be a talent in the league at the level of Judd, Kouta, Bont maybe Duck was the point for me.

I remember going off in our game day feed about it last year and I actually deleted some of the posts because I was embarrassed about how opposite my reaction was to other North people, our family. Felt like a goose.

But the kids supporting North, the supporters putting up with this unprecedented period needed a big name.

The marketing department needed it.

Membership department needed it.

We could of navigated a loss, I know GC were bad but we could of.

And now on top of losing Tarryn in the preseason North supporters on top of all of our losing have to watch the celebration of this kid who should of been ours.

We needed the injection of excitement.

It’s done now, we got bloody lucky with Duck and Horse off Sydney 🤣

Just gotta keep turning up and supporting.

When your a North supporter you don’t have the luxury to take time off from the club.

We don’t have enough soldiers for that.

We could lose the club and that’s what makes being part of the blue and white so special.

They need us and when we come back, and we will we can all say we were part of a truly unique and unprecedented journey as a supporter.

It will be worth it.

Last edited:
For me it’s the consequences of winning that last game last year.

Losing 26 games and winning the 1 that lost us access to what we all knew will be a talent in the league at the level of Judd, Kouta, Bont maybe Duck was the point for me.

I remember going off in our game day feed about it last year and I actually deleted some of the posts because I was embarrassed about how opposite my reaction was to other North people, our family. Felt like a goose.

But the kids supporting North, the supporters putting up with this unprecedented period needed a big name.

The marketing department needed it.

Membership department needed it.

We could of navigated a loss, I know GC were bad but we could of.

And now on top of losing Tarryn in the preseason North supporters on top of all of our losing have to watch the celebration of this kid who should of been ours.

We needed the injection of excitement.

It’s done now, we got bloody lucky with Duck and Horse off Sydney 🤣

Just gotta keep turning up and supporting.

When your a North supporter you don’t have the luxury to take time off from the club.

We don’t have enough soldiers for that.

We could lose the club and that’s what makes being part of the blue and white so special.

They need us and when we come back and we will we can all say we were part of a truly unique and unprecedented journey as a supporter.

It will be worth it.
POTY

When we had a board with Arch on it , chairman, Ben Buckley as chairman and Amarfio as the CEO and had to contract out to paul roos the act of appointing a coach was the biggest debacle, football is our core role, appointing a coach is a football operation, we need the expertise in house to appoint a coach, at least Sonja was able to do so appointing clarko , makes a mockery of this suggestion,

Nothing to do with wokeness, everything to do with having leaders in place without the balls to do their roles with conviction and this was prior to Kane.

Snake was and likely still is full of $h1t given he has been booted from every platform he has tried to spruek his diatribe and i thought only royal flush was the only other poster stupid enough to believe his drivel, looks like i was wrong on that point.

Last edited:
Remember last decade when North Media used to give us videos of Players doing their video reviews?

Does this still happen?

Like the footage that Korn Francis showed last night of LDU in the back line…does LDU sit down with a Coach and work through the footage?
North Media would have to be up there with the worlds hardest job. They seem a positive bunch but there is literally nothing they can do to patch this up.

I'd love a few vids of some internal leading teams, 360 degree feedback style. Perhaps with physical altercations as players come to blows with how it's going. I'd be appeased at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Media would have to be up there with the worlds hardest job. They seem a positive bunch but there is literally nothing they can do to patch this up.

I'd love a few vids of some internal leading teams, 360 degree feedback style. Perhaps with physical altercations as players come to blows with how it's going. I'd be appeased at that.
frnak costanza airing of grievances style please,

No not North Media!

The Coaches doing 1:1 video reviews with players

The bloke has no experience in any kind of organisation for a long, long time.

His advice about a workplace is irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When we had a board with Arch on it , chairman, Ben Buckley as chairman and Amarfio as the CEO and had to contract out to paul roos the act of appointing a coach was the biggest debacle, football is our core role, appointing a coach is a football operation, we need the expertise in house to appoint a coach, at least Sonja was able to do so appointing clarko , makes a mockery of this suggestion,

Nothing to do with wokeness, everything to do with having leaders in place without the balls to do their roles with conviction and this was prior to Kane.

Snake was and likely still is full of $h1t given he has been booted from every platform he has tried to spruek his diatribe and i thought only royal flush was the only other poster stupid enough to believe his drivel, looks like i was wrong on that point.

After we appointed Shaw and it all went pear-shaped, the club became completely gun-shy because they were perceived not have gone through a “proper” process - like Carlton. The upshot s that we out-sourced our decision making to Paul Roos. This was the biggest mistake we ever made and it is not talked about nearly enough…

How can this be happening? LDU now? I am so so sad. Why the heck can’t our guys change their attitude and go - let’s get to work and fix things - rather than holding the club to ransom. I am so upset I can’t tell you. I feel like they have to have a massive meeting and air everything out and create an action plan within the playing group. If things don’t improve, we may as well kiss the club goodbye. Maybe the “bye bye” thread starters can make one for bye bye north!!!!! Have at it!!! Go for it. That’s the way we’re headed. I’m devastated right now.

I feel the same have followed North for a very long time, can remember the lows of the early seventies before Barassi came on board. We were poor then but not at this level of poor. We can't afford to lose much needed players like Luke.

After we appointed Shaw and it all went pear-shaped, the club became completely gun-shy because they were perceived not have gone through a “proper” process - like Carlton. The upshot s that we out-sourced our decision making to Paul Roos. This was the biggest mistake we ever made and it is not talked about nearly enough…
Mistakes were made to get to that point. Fancy a football club having to have to contract out the appointment of a coach?

How can this be happening? LDU now? I am so so sad. Why the * can’t our guys change their attitude and go - let’s get to work and fix things - rather than holding the club to ransom. I am so upset I can’t tell you. I feel like they have to have a massive meeting and air everything out and create an action plan within the playing group. If things don’t improve, we may as well kiss the club goodbye. Maybe the “bye bye” thread starters can make one for bye bye north!!!!! Have at it!!! Go for it. That’s the way we’re headed. I’m devastated right now.

he doesn't want to be there, just like a poorly run company is losing staff. You cant hold onto them.

Let them go, get good price for them and then start again.

Him staying not only would wreck morale and overpay for plodders.

Those who are 'wait and see', we will treat them as gone and focus on the players we need.

In the meantime until they are gone, we should absoluetly flog the living daylight out of them to get the last bit of juice of out them in order to maximise their price to get a top deal.

I feel the same have followed North for a very long time, can remember the lows of the early seventies before Barassi came on board. We were poor then but not at this level of poor. We can't afford to lose much needed players like Luke.
Sadly you could argue you cant afford to keep him if he isnt engaged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back