Is North Melbourne passing on Logan McDonald going to be the 2021 version of the Bulldogs passing on Buddy for Ryan Griffin

Remove this Banner Ad

And what does Elijah Hollands preseason effort this year have to do with not drafting him.

I wasn't having a go at Holland either just one poster talking shite.

“A few years later he is still a one paced half forward flank worse than existing options on the list but he has the added bonus of being on the nose beers.”

Strange attempt at ‘not having a go at him’.

“A few years later he is still a one paced half forward flank worse than existing options on the list but he has the added bonus of being on the nose beers.”

Strange attempt at ‘not having a go at him’.
Just facts. He's lucky to have you running around defending his honour.

Just facts. He's lucky to have you running around defending his honour.

I’m not defending his honour. Nor am I commenting on him as a player.

Just suggesting your attempt at ‘not having a go at him’ missed the mark, but you do you I guess.

I’m not defending his honour. Nor am I commenting on him as a player.

Just suggesting your attempt at ‘not having a go at him’ missed the mark, but you do you I guess.
There's plenty I could have a go at him for but it's not relevant here. I'm sure you'll get over it regardless.

There's plenty I could have a go at him for but it's not relevant here. I'm sure you'll get over it regardless.

What’s to get over?

You had a go at Hollands for his off-field misdemeanour and then when called out for it you’ve tried to back track saying you weren’t having a go at him.

I guess when you’re not winning you do tend to go to great lengths to try and find the humour in certain situations.

As a Carlton fan I was there not too long ago.

Picking Phillips is just going to be an outright blunder, in the Plowman/Dyl Stephens/Dow mould of it doesn’t matter who was taken after him.

He’s tracking for a Paddy Dow type time at North.
Paddy Dow has done way more than Will Phillips, has had moments of brilliance at AFL level which is more than Will Phillips has to say for himself, the problem with Paddy was he was at the back of the cue of a long list of talented Carlton midfielders for a long time, and despite that he has still put together 63 games. He's injured right now, but he actually has the chances to potentially forge a 100+ game career with a second life at the Saints.

Onto Plowman, despite the fact he was likely picked too early Plowman forged a solid career and played almost 150 games.

Phillips on the other hand has only managed 34 games for a terrible, rebuilding North Melbourne side. He's just no good.

Dylan Stephens is a fine comparison, and other more apt comparisons would be Jono O'Rourke and Dom Tyson.

What’s to get over?

You had a go at Hollands for his off-field misdemeanour and then when called out for it you’ve tried to back track saying you weren’t having a go at him.

I guess when you’re not winning you do tend to go to great lengths to try and find the humour in certain situations.

As a Carlton fan I was there not too long ago.
Christ haha You just can't let things go can you. I stated facts about Hollands. That has clearly upset you. The rest of your post is just drivel which is unsurprising.

Christ haha You just can't let things go can you. I stated facts about Hollands. That has clearly upset you. The rest of your post is just drivel which is unsurprising.

No, not upset at all.

Just making extra sure that nobody else is silly enough to mistake “A few years later he is still a one paced half forward flank worse than existing options on the list but he has the added bonus of being on the nose beers" for 'having a go' at that particular player.

:thumbsu:

Anyway, back to North I reckon. We'll enjoy the kid on the nose beers and you can enjoy Zaccy Fisher for a few more years.

No, not upset at all.

Just making extra sure that nobody else is silly enough to mistake “A few years later he is still a one paced half forward flank worse than existing options on the list but he has the added bonus of being on the nose beers" for 'having a go' at that particular player.

:thumbsu:

Anyway, back to North I reckon. We'll enjoy the kid on the nose beers and you can enjoy Zaccy Fisher for a few more years.
Hahaha you are so upset by me stating facts but you haven't disputed them. Brilliant stuff. Then you acknowledge that I was right. You got there in the end.

You've quoted it enough times. It's not really in dispute.

Agreed, but I pointed that out already.

“A few years later he is still a one paced half forward flank worse than existing options on the list but he has the added bonus of being on the nose beers" is in fact having a go at someone, regardless of how many times you subsequently backtradk and suggest that it isn't.

All good. We did indeed get there in the end. Go Roos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“A few years later he is still a one paced half forward flank worse than existing options on the list but he has the added bonus of being on the nose beers" is in fact having a go at someone, regardless of how many times you subsequently backtradk and suggest that it isn't.

Which part of that it wrong? I haven't backtracked once but you have been keen to deflect which says it all really.

Which part of that it wrong?

You mean other than subsequently saying "I wasn't having a go at Holland"?

Oh...

Anyway, I'm out. You've tried to back track and it's failed, but you won't admit it so I'll move on.

All the best to Wil Phillips this weekend. Where is North's VFL team playing this weekend?

You mean other than subsequently saying "I wasn't having a go at Holland"?

Oh...

Anyway, I'm out. You've tried to back track and it's failed, but you won't admit it so I'll move on.

All the best to Wil Phillips this weekend. Where is North's VFL team playing this weekend?
Good luck precious. Elijah will be glad to know you have defended his honour once more.

I wonder what Zurhaar’s excuse is for having near identical stats to a one paced cokehead despite the band 1 price on his head as one of North’s top liners.

That draft blunder got us Cotchin and Martin. Keep drafting poorly and you will eventually be rewarded :)
If course you would be rewarded
Yes, but never fear North fans, Tassie Kangaroos will win the flag in 13 years.
Nah.... Kangaroos will lose that grand final in 13 years. To Richmond of all teams.

They will make the same mistake the crows and to a lesser degree what GWS did.

They willUse a poxy power stance to scare the tigers players and tigers fans lol
Hard to say at this early stage. I heard Buddy's draft interview didn't go very well with Richmond.

I find it ironic that a Footscray supporter started this thread being that the Doggies also passed on Buddy. Obviously Griffin turned out to be a much better player than Tambling.

You don't think Melbourne passing twice on Dustin Martin isn't up there with the biggest blunder of all?
Yeah crazy what could of been with Dustin Martin as a demons player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back