Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

This made me laugh. Daisy and Joey calling McClure out for where he clearly came across the story.

Probably. But it's pretty clear that it was going around privately before popping up on BigFooty, as I've seen multiple people post the same screen shot of a private conversation, all saying they were told on Tuesday.

No idea when the private conversations started, but it was spread wide enough on Tuesday, for it to on both coasts.

Maybe the Vegas furore can galvanise us

'What builds your season': Outside noise galvanising Demons​

Simon Goodwin says Melbourne is galvanised by the drugs controversy swirling around the club
By AAP
10 hrs ago
ZVia4YpW.jpg

Jack Viney celebrates a goal with teammates Caleb Windsor and Bayley Fritsch during the match between Port Adelaide and Melbourne at Adelaide Oval in round three, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos
THE AFL's drugs furore again enveloping Melbourne is being used as a galvanising on-field force, coach Simon Goodwin says.
Goodwin's Demons capped another controversial week with a stirring seven-point away victory against Port Adelaide on Saturday night.
Overturning a four-point deficit at three-quarter time, Melbourne kicked five goals to Port's three in the final term in a win Goodwin hailed as "special".
POWER v DEMONS Full match coverage and stats
"When the game was there to be won, our group really stepped up," he said.
"And you have got to love the grit and the fight about the boys. They are the sort of wins, when you're on the road, that you love.
"Against a really high quality opponent, to come away with a victory like that, that is what builds your season."
uuDUP7Ut.jpeg

Danny Daly addressing the media today apparently. Originally it sounded like it would be Harris, which I thought was a bit rough given he wasn’t one of the guys on the trip, although obviously as club captain those types of tough pressers are to expected at times. Maybe the club came to the same conclusion though and instead will throw Daly up.

How many exclusive stories have we given the Herald Sun recently? Or are we just not going to answer their reporters and news conferences and post match, etc.
Would imagine that, given they're stablemates, this would also mean the cold shoulder for the Courier-Mail (and any other Murdoch rag). Can't see that happening. Should but.

How many exclusive stories have we given the Herald Sun recently? Or are we just not going to answer their reporters and news conferences and post match, etc.
Honestly that'd just be cutting off your nose to spite your face and I can't see if we have any wise heads that we wouldn't find another way of going about it. As we will.

This is what Melbourne clubs put up with all the time.

Hasn’t Fages boycotted 360 as well due to Robbo’s reporting around the Hawks saga? Any other media outlets we can boycott?
Odd that’s there’s been no appearances by Fagan or players on 360 yet despite just about every other teams appearing. Perhaps something to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odd that’s there’s been no appearances by Fagan or players on 360 yet despite just about every other teams appearing. Perhaps something to it.
Yeah my understanding is a boycott on Mark Robinson (as distinct from AFL360 itself) is in place, certainly from Fages personally. That is why during the finals last year he appeared on Couch while all the other 7 coaches appeared on 360.

I respect the club for taking a stand on one hand, but on the other hand I wonder if boycotting sections of the media isn't biting the hand that feeds a bit. I wonder if there is a better way we could be approaching this. Sorry I'm not a fan of presenting problem without solution which is what I've done here 🤷🤦

Yeah my understanding is a boycott on Mark Robinson (as distinct from AFL360 itself) is in place, certainly from Fages personally. That is why during the finals last year he appeared on Couch while all the other 7 coaches appeared on 360.

I respect the club for taking a stand on one hand, but on the other hand I wonder if boycotting sections of the media isn't biting the hand that feeds a bit. I wonder if there is a better way we could be approaching this. Sorry I'm not a fan of presenting problem without solution which is what I've done here 🤷🤦

I don’t know the answer to this - but what coverage does 3aw or HS actually give us anyway? I assume very little direct interest stuff outside of the ordinary coverage all teams get.

Would that mean that say if HS or 3AW attend press conferences, Fagan just refuses their questions or that they’re refused entry?

Would that mean that say if HS or 3AW attend press conferences, Fagan just refuses their questions or that they’re refused entry?
Good question, I don't know. I also don't know how this affects other News Limited papers, like the Courier Mail for example. Similarly, 3AW is owned by Nine, so how does this affect the attendance of Channel 9 journos at press conferences in Brisbane etc? Or 4BC staff (such as Bill McDonald)?

Tom Morris (chief football correspondent at 9) has gone out of his way so far to distance himself from reporting on this story, which is at odds with McClure's treatment of the story. Whether it's a bit of good cop-bad cop I'm not sure, but given Morris also does a bit of work on the side for SEN in Melbourne, that would surprise me.

The 3AW situation is further complicated by Leigh Matthews' ongoing role with the station (and Channel 9) as well as being on our board.

I’d just permanently boycott McClure and Landsberger. They don’t give us any good coverage anyway and are the bottom rung journalists in the industry. Especially Landsberger, who hangs on by a thread.

I’d just permanently boycott McClure and Landsberger. They don’t give us any good coverage anyway and are the bottom rung journalists in the industry. Especially Landsberger, who hangs on by a thread.

I would have thought that with mark stevens moving on from footy reporting Landsberger would have nabbed his spot as #1 dogs nuffy in footy media. There's a huge gap in reporting on inane facts about VFL level dogs players that Bevo gives debuts too.

Actually, now that I think about it Bevo's selection policy is basically what some on this board advocate for - frightening stuff.

I have been watching Josh Dunkley's and Adam Treloar's Podcast(Ad's & Dunks) lately, quite good. Here's the latest one >

Remove this Banner Ad

Back