Roast Inner Feral Fan Unleashed - Warning - Unbridled, passionate, and objectionable opinions within

Remove this Banner Ad

Because when you worry your face will frown,
that will bring everybody down,
So don't worry, be happy,
Don't worry, be happy now

Is there any point criticizing this setup on here? Just to be hammered by the glitterati who believe everything is ok and next man up is an excuse.

I feel like we don't get the tradeoff for being slow around the ball.

For every turning point - endurance vs burst, speed vs power, etc - you have an acceptable trade off; we are slow around the ball so from necessity we have to be getting something for it. Do we get increased ball winning? Kinda. Do we get increased power, players who are stronger and can challenge the tackler and lay bonecrunching tackles themselves? Not really. Do we get players who keep their feet where others go to ground? Not really to not at all; see, tonight was a ****ing disaster but by and large around the ground we go to ground an awful ****ing lot. I'd argue we are inside the worst in the comp at keeping our feet when it counts, where Sydney would be about the best; could be three quarters of their players will handpass to the space in front of them before they get tackled and back themselves to beat us to the ball, but even when and where they did get tackled they refused to go down. It's not just about getting your hands free; it's about controlling the position your hips are in, refusing to turn when your opponent is turning you.

We have some players who'd I'd consider to be good here - Cripps, Walsh - but we also have some players who cannot keep their feet even when they've taken no contact. Durdin, Owies, Fantasia, I'm looking at you. So many players are one effort and done; I'm off, not going again, bye for now. It is tremendously frustrating to me to see players who I know can give second and third efforts - because I've seen them bloody do it before - just up and surrender on a loose ball.

So, if we're slow around the ball, what precisely are we gaining for it? If we're tall around the ground, are we getting anything for it?

Where's the tradeoff successful for us?

We are all experts in here and heaven forbid this was our full time job but really all any of us want is a tough side that uses the ball well and takes advantages of its inside 50 s and gets managed appropriately when we are injured
Not to mention that we are we’ll run and nail our picks and don’t pick up cheap injured players constantly guess what that’s why there cheap and drift in the draft
What I wouldn’t give for a Harley Reid to go watch each week such an excitement machine
Rant over

We are all experts in here and heaven forbid this was our full time job but really all any of us want is a tough side that uses the ball well and takes advantages of its inside 50 s and gets managed appropriately when we are injured
Not to mention that we are we’ll run and nail our picks and don’t pick up cheap injured players constantly guess what that’s why there cheap and drift in the draft
What I wouldn’t give for a Harley Reid to go watch each week such an excitement machine
Rant over
^ 100% - Nailed it.
To add my pet hate - small forwards with NFI
Owies nails his set shots, be none of our smalls know how to crumb or stay around the forwards. If you are going to play up the ground, you need to play as an effective mid.

Is there any point criticizing this setup on here? Just to be hammered by the glitterati who believe everything is ok and next man up is an excuse.
This the thread for it- shout out your wisdom as loud as you can - don't be shy!

Not much is off limits in this thread, lay it out

This the thread for it- shout out your wisdom as loud as you can - don't be shy!
Yeap

The consequences of the review we had a few years a go, are starting to be felt now. The review left Russell, lloyd and Austin in situ & our injury list and recruiting are not showing results
Understand the question marks over Lyod and Russell- but why Austin ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back