Injury Injury List - round 17

Spencer or Fitzpatrick for the next month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Flyswatter

All Australian
Feb 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
no joy on the injury front

Round 17 injury list
Clint Bartram (knee) - season
Jamie Bennell (knee) - season
Mitch Clark (foot) - season
Aaron Davey (foot) - season
Max Gawn (knee) - season
Mark Jamar (calf) - 3-4 weeks
Liam Jurrah (ankle) - 2 weeks
Kelvin Lawrence (calf) - 1 week
James Sellar (thigh) - test
Jai Sheahan (ankle) - 2 weeks
Rory Taggert (back) - indefinite
Luke Tapscott (groin) - test
Josh Tynan (concussion) - test
Jack Watts (ankle) - test

God... terrible luck of late...

Honestly, get our full list (or close to) up and ready in 2013 and we should make a nice improvement. With some of those players in we could be knocking off a few sides with the way we've been playing. Fight on Dees!!!!!!!

Name the players on our list who haven't been injured at some point this year.

Uhh...jeez. Rivers. Magner. Sheahan. Fitz. Bate. Dunn. Howe? Technically JT. Cook I think?

Beyond that it's tough though.

Uhh...jeez. Rivers. Magner. Sheahan. Fitz. Bate. Dunn. Howe? Technically JT. Cook I think?

From memory Magner had an injury at some stage - a broken or dislocated finger maybe? Or am I losing it?

I don't think it caused him to miss though...

Oh and hands up if you were just massively relieved to not find Grimes on the list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory Magner had an injury at some stage - a broken or dislocated finger maybe? Or am I losing it?

I don't think it caused him to miss though...

Oh and hands up if you were just massively relieved to not find Grimes on the list?
Yeah I was.
Has Garland been injured or is it just me?
McKenzie?
Blease hasn't been either IIRC...
Nicho?
JMac?

It's tough to keep up.

Bloody hell though. And most of them have been LTIs too - Taggert, Gawn, Spencer, Clark, Jetta, Bartram, Davey, Evans, LJ effectively...

Magner had that dislocated finger, Sheahan is injured this week and for the next 2 weeks, Fitz was diagnosed with diabetes, Cook missed the last part of the pre-season and first 4 rounds with a hip and groin complaint,

Bate, Blease, Davis, Dunn, Garland, Howe, Jmac, Nicho and Rivers are the only ones I can think of.

Yeah I was.
Has Garland been injured or is it just me?
McKenzie?
Blease hasn't been either IIRC...
Nicho?
JMac?

It's tough to keep up.

Bloody hell though. And most of them have been LTIs too - Taggert, Gawn, Spencer, Clark, Jetta, Bartram, Davey, Evans, LJ effectively...

You can take Mckenzie off that list. Mystery injury of the week strikes again.

Hey guys, can any of you shed some light on Watts' injury? I thought he was supposed to be a good chance to come back this week.

Wasn't added to the side. Probably will return next week considering he was tested this week.

I find Watts' injury to be quite interesting.

I was just watching the piece on the MFC website about the altitude room and couldn't help but think that Jack was looking significantly bulkier now than he was two weeks ago - also he didn't appear to be in any trouble at all on the bike.

I also found it strange that he couldn't (in Neeld's words) 'get up' from a sprained ankle in the space of a week.

And now he's missing this week as well.

I've played the week after spraining an ankle, and that's without all the recovery work that goes into being a professional footballer.

My theory is that Jack may just come back against North Melbourne as a key forward.

Maybe wishful thinking... but I do think it's a bit strange.

I find Watts' injury to be quite interesting.

I was just watching the piece on the MFC website about the altitude room and couldn't help but think that Jack was looking significantly bulkier now than he was two weeks ago - also he didn't appear to be in any trouble at all on the bike.

I also found it strange that he couldn't (in Neeld's words) 'get up' from a sprained ankle in the space of a week.

And now he's missing this week as well.

I've played the week after spraining an ankle, and that's without all the recovery work that goes into being a professional footballer.

My theory is that Jack may just come back against North Melbourne as a key forward.

Maybe wishful thinking... but I do think it's a bit strange.
No offence Puppet, but I'm not sure whether your sprained ankle was subjected to the same rigours as an AFL footballer's.

Still, an interesting theory. I don't think the extra week off isn't such a big deal if you consider the fact they had to leave early and have a special training regimen for playing in Darwin. If there was a chance he wasn't going to get up for the game they probably would have preferred to put the work into him in Melbourne than have all that travelling and other stuff that goes into a trip up there.

Even if he plays in the backline it'll be good to have him fresh and fit next week when all our other guys will be drained.

No offence Puppet, but I'm not sure whether your sprained ankle was subjected to the same rigours as an AFL footballer's.

Still, an interesting theory. I don't think the extra week off isn't such a big deal if you consider the fact they had to leave early and have a special training regimen for playing in Darwin. If there was a chance he wasn't going to get up for the game they probably would have preferred to put the work into him in Melbourne than have all that travelling and other stuff that goes into a trip up there.

Even if he plays in the backline it'll be good to have him fresh and fit next week when all our other guys will be drained.

Haha, none taken Logger - I know it's not apples for apples but I still found it a bit strange.

No doubt.

As you say it may just be a chance to get some strength conditioning into him, either way it'll be good to have him putting on some size.

Back