Teams Indianapolis Colts - Unitas We Stand ™

Remove this Banner Ad

This team has so many holes, but if they keep trading for these QBs on their last legs then they'll never get anywhere.

Desperately need to fix the OL too. It might be time to make some trades for draft capital.
It's crazy how it was what this team was known for the last few years for having strong o-line play and these guys all got paid and have just regressed.

Just goes to show how largely irrelevant o-line is and you shouldn't invest big contracts to it.

Pierce has been a very good the past few weeks.

I liked his film at draft time so happy to see him doing well, I know a lot of the fantasy nerds hated his college profile, Many saying he was a surefire bust going off their projection models. In your face nerds.

"Sam Ehlinger will start at quarterback in the Colts' Week 8 game against the Washington Commanders at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday, head coach Frank Reich announced Monday."

What I was hoping for, The team just looks to flat with Ryan out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irsay has shown with wentz he wont stand by when it comes to QB play

Or the Colts have decided to tank very early while 3-3-1... its very strange. Elingher better play better than Ryan or there could be a locker room revolt.

You were right GG.exe direct order from the owner not the coach, seems Jim is all aboard the tank train given its not Foles. Sick of bad QB play and wants a top 10 pick

The Colts have confirmed they are benching Matt Ryan for the rest of the season and it is not related to his shoulder injury.​

Not only that, Colts media has all but reported the move was ordered by owner Jim Irsay. Tired of Daniel Snyder, Irsay is also apparently over coach Frank Reich's increasingly-tedious veteran quarterback reclamation projects. Ryan's reported grade two shoulder separation would have been convenient cover for a temporary move to Sam Ehlinger, but Irsay and perhaps even Reich want to rip off the band-aid and move on. Never the fleetest of foot, 37-year-old Ryan can no longer move at an NFL level. The latest signal caller to fail out of Reich's reform school, Ryan is going to have a difficult time getting a third chance, but he could probably hold on as a Matt Schaub-style backup if he desires that kind of existence. All that being said, it wouldn't exactly be surprising if Ehlinger proves ineffective enough or reckless enough that the Colts are forced to turn back to Ryan at some point in 2022.

Disgusting, turnovers cost us the game again.

I only saw the highlights, Was that a bad spot with 3 minutes to go that would have given us the first down?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back