Roast If You Don't Stand For Something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clubs' have a huge following and a huge influence because of that. Do you think with that comes a responsibility to do good with it?
Good with it ? Do you think that people that vote no to gay marriage are evil or bad ?
People have opinions and it's their right to have them .
You can be outraged and offended all you like but that's just too bad .
As for west coast it's not their place to push their opinions on to people outside of footy .

Do you think people who do crimes are more affected by unlawful violence from police than those who don't? Abuse shouldn't be tolerated. The actions in the first place should not come about either. These people need help for sure. I cannot support their actions though
You are comparing SSM to committing a crime?...

Good with it ? Do you think that people that vote no to gay marriage are evil or bad ?
People have opinions and it's their right to have them .
You can be outraged and offended all you like but that's just too bad .
As for west coast it's not their place to push their opinions on to people outside of footy .

I think gay marriage would do a lot of good for a lot of people. I don't believe anybody in this debate is doing anything they believe is evil.

Ignore the gay marriage side of it though if you'd rather, do you think WCE have a responsibility with their influence to do good with it?

People with your beliefs get a lot of hate for good reason. I actually don't know how educated people can hold that view in this day and age.

It's equivalent to saying that all left handed people are weak and morally wrong and should be actively fighting against their left-handedness. It's a roughly similar proportion of the population and they have just as much control over the way they are.
Oh so your allowed to hate somebody that doesn't agree with LGBT but not the opposite? I'm sorry if my view shouldn't be allowed in a democracy

Yeah, **** it, I need to go there.

Over half the league has now pledged their support for marriage equality in the upcoming postal vote, and when given the chance to join the list, our club took the coward's way out.

This club has hundreds, if not thousands of LGBT supporters. We would've had multiple gay players, and there's a definite possibility that there would be a gay player or players on our list at the moment. Not to mention the many out players currently playing in the AFLW competition the club seems so desperate to make money from get involved in.

Sadly, I don't think it would surprise anyone that when given the chance to make a positive stand on behalf of those that are forced to endure this bullshit, the club would rather sit on the fence so as to not risk hurting the bottom line.

If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing, and I can't think of a sentence that sums this football club up better.

Football had no business in politics or religion.

I for one am glad the club has not come out in support or lack of support.

I'm disgusted in the AFL making this stand.

Get on with football and let people vote how they want without trying to influence anyone either way.

Oh so your allowed to hate somebody that doesn't agree with LGBT but not the opposite? I'm sorry if my view shouldn't be allowed in a democracy
You compared being gay to murdering someone earlier, so maybe just hop off the high horse for a second.

Your view is allowed in a democracy. Equally, people are allowed to think your view is close-minded, backward and abhorrent.

Football had no business in politics or religion.

I for one am glad the club has not come out in support or lack of support.

I'm disgusted in the AFL making this stand.

Get on with football and let people vote how they want without trying to influence anyone either way.

Do you view Nicky Winmar's stand as a bad thing then?

Are we going to let this go unchecked? Shouldn't have to read this kind of drivel on here.

It's so horrific that I'm not even sure you're serious.

Disappointing from the club too.
Yeah let's ban the guy with an opinion different to the masses. He asked me for what I believed and I told him. If my belief offends you then I'm sorry but it's too bad.

Because you asked me I will tell you. Because I believe being LGBT etc etc is morally wrong. How does a random murder on the news affect you? How about tax evasion? Doesn't affect you directly so why does it bother you? This will make you angry but to me it's all the same thing. It all morally wrong. I don't hate these people. I don't bully these people. I just dont support them and will voice what I believe is morally correct. I know plenty of gay people that actively fight against that weakness they have because they believe it's wrong too and they vote no. People with my beliefs get a lot of hate but that's just how it is
I don't agree with your opinion but I belive that you have a right to it and shouldn't be persecuted for it .

If people get outraged and hateful about other options , discussion breaks down and it just turns into a s**t fight .
We should be able to discuss these kinds of issues without people getting offended .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See the problem is that our actions have consequences beyond our control. I absolutey believe that you don't wish to encourage those things, but the consequence of a no result would be a huge encouragement to those who do wish for those things, so even if that's not your intention or your wish, those things still result from a no outcome.
I'm not sure what world you live in where gay people are so oppressed and demonised but I work on a oil rig with about 100 blokes and if there was any environment discrimination against gay people would exist, it would be that one but let me tell you, there are a few openly gay blokes on there and no one gives a toss. The fact that they can't legally get married won't make a difference. They might feel sad about it but they're not going to be descriminated against over it

People with your beliefs get a lot of hate for good reason. I actually don't know how educated people can hold that view in this day and age.

It's equivalent to saying that all left handed people are weak and morally wrong and should be actively fighting against their left-handedness. It's a roughly similar proportion of the population and they have just as much control over the way they are.

So people with this view are uneducated?
And part of this debate is about bullying gay people yet you just bullied people who believe it's wrong. But that's ok from your stance isn't it?

And changing the definition of marriage and the law allowing ssm is such a trivial issue it's similar to left handed people?

I don't know how anyone with an education can hold that opinion.

Your view is allowed in a democracy. Equally, people are allowed to hate you for your view as it is close-minded, backward and abhorrent.
EFA ;)

Honestly though I expect to be hated for my beliefs.

Conservative Christians are quickly becoming a minority and are executed across the world daily for what they believe. Whatever I don't care..

And changing the definition of marriage and the law allowing ssm is such a trivial issue it's similar to left handed people?

That's not actually what I said, but yes changing the definition should be a trivial issue. As it was when Howard changed it in 2004.

It's been blown immensely out of proportion. It should have been a bill put to the parliament, voted in and gotten on with.

Do you view Nicky Winmar's stand as a bad thing then?

I don't view Nicky winmars stance as a bad thing.
I'm against racial villification.
I'm against the AFL having an indigenous round and a multicultural round though.

Before you cry racist I'm part Greek.

I'm not against the AFL having an anti-villification policy and not allowing racism in the game, I am happy about it but stay out of politics.

I ask you why there isn't a celebrate white people round? Or a heterosexual round?

EFA ;)

Honestly though I expect to be hated for my beliefs.

Conservative Christians are quickly becoming a minority and are executed across the world daily for what they believe. Whatever I don't care..

We're talking about Australian laws. I don't think too many Conservative Christians are being executed in Australia.

So people with this view are uneducated?
And part of this debate is about bullying gay people yet you just bullied people who believe it's wrong. But that's ok from your stance isn't it?

I don't know how anyone with an education can hold that opinion.

Not a trivial issue from a legal stand point which is the basis for the equality push. There has been a lot of heart ache from SSM de-facto couples in courts when dealing with these issues. It is however trivial from a legislative point of view, they should have just made it legal (with the relevant provisions to other freedoms) without all this fuss of a plebiscite. Stupid from the government, they are the ones stoking divisions over this issue.

That's not actually what I said, but yes changing the definition should be a trivial issue. As it was when Howard changed it in 2004.

It's been blown immensely out of proportion. It should have been a bill put to the parliament, voted in and gotten on with.

It's not what you said but it's what your statement implied and what I felt when I read it. See I feel offended by it.

And no it shouldn't have been a bill put to parliament because firstly Turnbull went to the election with a clear policy of holding a pebicite which the labour and greens opposed funnily enough. Maybe they knew what the answer would be but more to the point they wanted it to be a long drawn out decisive issue so they could hold the so called higher moral ground.
And secondly changing the constitution regarding the definition of marriage should be done by a vote of the people not some politicians with agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back