Opinion If we made it, who'd you want to play?

Who'd you rather play in an elimination final?

• Hawthorn at the G

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Crows in Adelaide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans in Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong at the G

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Giants in Sydney

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Eagles in Perth

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Dogs at Etihad

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
If we somehow managed it, who'd you prefer to play in an elimination final?

I'd love to play the Cats again straight after beating them, or perhaps the Eagles in Perth.

Worst case would be Dogs at Etihad, imo.

Na I don't reckon. They'd get home ground advantage and the AFL always tries to schedule one final at Etihad, so two teams with lowish supporter bases makes sense.
Last year they put Dogs v Adelaide at the G...

Na I don't reckon. They'd get home ground advantage and the AFL always tries to schedule one final at Etihad, so two teams with lowish supporter bases makes sense.
Worked for them last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone at the G then GWS away. If it ended up as GWS we should get a bus and driver and road trip it.
Genuinely already committed to flying to Sydney if we're playing up there. Won't be able to get to Perth. Geelong/Bulldogs you would expect at the MCG.

I know we are wayyyy ahead of ourselves, but just imagining 70K at the G against Geelong on a Saturday night jakl;fffsrwetba sfsdf a
It'll be 90k. The hype around Melbourne and 1987 2.0 will be enormous.

Maybe the real reason I feel so ambiguous to finals was because even if we went down by 10 goals at the G id still cry and clap us off the ground for even making it, thats not what a finals team should do

Fair to say I was straight on to Ladder Predictor at work at 8:45am this morning. It's hard to engineer any result other than Geelong finishing 5th (with MFC 8th obviously) so Dees v Cats at the MCG seems the likely matchup if the dream were to somehow come true.

Before this weekend I thought it would be either the Giants or Eagles, so the Cats at our home ground is a huge improvement on those nightmare scenarios.

Maybe the real reason I feel so ambiguous to finals was because even if we went down by 10 goals at the G id still cry and clap us off the ground for even making it, thats not what a finals team should do
There is a long history of teams sneaking into 8th spot and getting flogged in an elimination final, so as long as we avoid the disastrous results which befell the likes of North and Essendon a few years back, that's a positive.

There is a long history of teams sneaking into 8th spot and getting flogged in an elimination final, so as long as we avoid the disastrous results which befell the likes of North and Essendon a few years back, that's a positive.

Then of course theirs Carlton beating richmond LOLOLOLOL :tearsofjoy:

Fair to say I was straight on to Ladder Predictor at work at 8:45am this morning. It's hard to engineer any result other than Geelong finishing 5th (with MFC 8th obviously) so Dees v Cats at the MCG seems the likely matchup if the dream were to somehow come true.

Before this weekend I thought it would be either the Giants or Eagles, so the Cats at our home ground is a huge improvement on those nightmare scenarios.
But can you predict the weather for that round?

Back