Oppo Camp If it aint Cloke, don't fix it. (Collingwood Banter Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from jokes about toofless centrelink bogans, I don't even have much to say against the Pies. Kinda respect them.

Although...

16 > 15

No Collingwood supporter has even contributed to this yet.

#threadisafizzer

I don't think we hate you enough.
We want to beat you to 17 flags but other than that I think most Collingwood supporters don't have a special dislike for Essendon, some even a grudging respect. Even if you did get to 17 flags, I'd be happy the Dons moved ahead of Carlton.
I can't imagine our board bothering to have a thread to knock Essendon, just for the sake of it.

We want to beat you to 17 flags but other than that I think most Collingwood supporters don't have a special dislike for Essendon, some even a grudging respect. Even if you did get to 17 flags, I'd be happy the Dons moved ahead of Carlton.
I can't imagine our board bothering to have a thread to knock Essendon, just for the sake of it.
Last Anzac Day game the boards were really sportsmanlike. I don't mind the Pies, just envy your midfield.
Best of luck tomorrow.

Exactly right, mate.

I don't hate Collingwood. I don't like them either, but I have respect for them. This thread certainly isn't just to knock the Pies, it's just meant to provide a place for some light hearted banter between the two supporter groups.

The fact that the thread hasn't taken off at all is probably a reflection that our season is over and most of us are somewhat dejected, and that a good number of your lot seem less than enthused about Collingwood's prospects this year.

Exactly right, mate.

I don't hate Collingwood. I don't like them either, but I have respect for them. This thread certainly isn't just to knock the Pies, it's just meant to provide a place for some light hearted banter between the two supporter groups.

The fact that the thread hasn't taken off at all is probably a reflection that our season is over and most of us are somewhat dejected, and that a good number of your lot seem less than enthused about Collingwood's prospects this year.

Our enemy's enemy is our friend about sums it up

Our enemy's enemy is our friend about sums it up

that sums it up. and the fact that my entire family, both sides, and all branches, are 90% essendon.
windy hill was my home ground as a kid, cos mum wouldnt let me go to vic park :p but let me go to western oval - go figure.

your team has surprised me the last 2 years, cos i didnt rate your list at all, and expected bottom 6 finishes. so either i rated your list wrong, or hird & co really do know how to lift a squad to play above themselves (quite possibly explains late season collapses). the weapon thing dont help of course.

you know as i do that year 3 under hird is when improvement isnt just expected, its demanded.

so have a laugh tomorrow, maybe throw a little bit of support our way next month to stop the out of towners & hawthorn winning the big one, and see y'all next year.

im off to claim some more benefits - cheerio.

maybe throw a little bit of support our way next month to stop the out of towners & hawthorn winning the big one, and see y'all next year.

I haven't barracked for another Victorian since the... Sepoy Mutiny.

I have nothing to add except for this, some years ago (can't remember when) I just stopped hating Collingwood for no clear reason at all. This of course only intensified my complete and utter hatred of Carlton and Hawthorn. I hate those two mobs so ****ing much I cant put it into words. So good luck to the Pies, we will do well to get within 5 goals in our current form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just hoping you dont play Travis into form. Who will do the right thing by us. Pears or Hardeman???. Hope you havent shelved the season like you did that StKilda game about four years ago. it was hilarious to see the Adelaide Crows getting into you over that as the percentage pushed them out of the four.

But with Travis doing a George Constanza....

Jerry Seinfeld said:
'Lets see if I have this right... you held out for less money',

you should have a vested interest in keeping him to his present form.

I have nothing to add except for this, some years ago (can't remember when) I just stopped hating Collingwood for no clear reason at all. This of course only intensified my complete and utter hatred of Carlton and Hawthorn. I hate those two mobs so ****ing much I cant put it into words. So good luck to the Pies, we will do well to get within 5 goals in our current form.

have to respect this. :thumbsu:

What do you mean you respect the Pies and the Pies respect the Bombers? Bigfooty is so strange. I have never met an Essendon supporter who 'respects' the filth and I have never met a Collingwood supporter who respects us. Of course our hatred for the scum carlton gives us something in common, but my hatred for the filth gives me something in common with the scum. Although I do hate Hawthorn and Carlton more, but I still absolutely hatttttteeee the filth and hope we destroy their top 4 chances! Its not the first time we did this (2006)
Cmon Bombers! I will go there tonight hoping that maybe, just maybe we can give it our all to ruin their season. Going with 4 Pies supporters while I am the only Bomber so hope I can make the most of it :D

Bigfooty also has the best bunch of Collingwood supporters. Where are they at games and anywhere else? Every club has a bad bunch of supporters except Collingwood, who have a good bunch.

Yeah I have to say I respect Collingwood too, although I absolutely despise fat Eddie. If it's a Collingwood-Hawthorn grand final I'll definitely be in the Pies camp. I can't stand that heap of poo and piss. Though I'm cheering on the Swannies in the finals.

Screw all of this. We are going to crush the Colliwobbles tonight with a dominant display......in the first five minutes before 3 of our blokes go down with soft tissue injuries.

At the end of the game Hirdy will be able to see the positive with Kleenex signing a massive major sponsor deal, their CEO claiming it was a good fit being as both parties had the softest tissues of all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back