Horsham District FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsu::thumbsu:noticed the noraj/quanny boys in colours at the dawn service,great show of support and community spirit well done guys very impressed:thumbsu::thumbsu:
That's all well and good, but they got pumped by Laharum later in the day. If they were servicemen it would be good but they are footballers and it did not help what them in their ultimate cause. Should have had a sleep in maybe!!..

Heard a rumour that Kalkee will get Corey WALDRON back from Minyip/Murtoa mid season after he recovers from his foot injury. Saw the Kees thrash Pimpinio today, ominus sign. I think it is only Douglas/Harrow/Miga Lake/Wombelano/Balmoral/Western Vic that will challenge the Kees this year!!

That's all well and good, but they got pumped by Laharum later in the day. If they were servicemen it would be good but they are footballers and it did not help what them in their ultimate cause. Should have had a sleep in maybe!!..
I think you'll find moose that they played on sunday so i would say quanny would be making no exuses for a very ordinary showing,i also think pimp would be shellshocked after they were terrible too,i've always came to the conclusion anyone can get a kick on a sunny perfect day but only the brave courageous tough play well in the wet having said that interesting results over the weekend

I think you'll find moose that they played on sunday so i would say quanny would be making no exuses for a very ordinary showing,i also think pimp would be shellshocked after they were terrible too,i've always came to the conclusion anyone can get a kick on a sunny perfect day but only the brave courageous tough play well in the wet having said that interesting results over the weekend
Thanks for that Mojo. Yes I was wrong on that one.

i c the swifties havent got off 2 the start that they thought they would have hoped.. but by i've read nd heard they should have beat great western.. i also heard they have a few out's still 2 come in. sam cooper gets back from suspension he'd be 1 who else

i c the swifties havent got off 2 the start that they thought they would have hoped.. but by i've read nd heard they should have beat great western.. i also heard they have a few out's still 2 come in. sam cooper gets back from suspension he'd be 1 who else

joiner, 2 nauruian lads possible that karl mitchell (fingers crossed)

joiner, 2 nauruian lads possible that karl mitchell (fingers crossed)

whats wrong with those guys (joiner, Mitchell) so 2 nauruian's r coming back over. thats good 2 hear.. is it just 2 making the trip?. . hopefully the wimmera region keeps a on going relationship with the nauruian crew so in the future they can keep making the trip over.. it's not just good 4 them but good 4 wimmera region as well..

I was at the GW vs Swifts game on Sunday and watched from the old grand stand. A very close match in the seniors and an exciting finish. What stood out to me and my wife were the amount of Swifts players arguing with umpiring decisions and trying to umpire in the middle of play. This doesn't go down too well with the umpires and perhaps if they shut their mouths and went harder at the ball they may have got over the line....
Some good gutsy footy played by both teams and have the potential to push some of the more fancied sides in the league.
The game was played in good spirits too which is good to see given their fierce rivalry and the brawl that occured last year.
Well done to both sides.:thumbsu:

whats wrong with those guys (joiner, Mitchell) so 2 nauruian's r coming back over. thats good 2 hear.. is it just 2 making the trip?. . hopefully the wimmera region keeps a on going relationship with the nauruian crew so in the future they can keep making the trip over.. it's not just good 4 them but good 4 wimmera region as well..

joiner is coming back from a hammy injury and karl mitchell has work commitments atm moment and is not sure what he's doin yet..

i think there is about 8 nauru boys comin back but only 2 r goin to swifts, the others r goin back to the teams at last year eg.

I was at the GW vs Swifts game on Sunday and watched from the old grand stand. A very close match in the seniors and an exciting finish. What stood out to me and my wife were the amount of Swifts players arguing with umpiring decisions and trying to umpire in the middle of play. This doesn't go down too well with the umpires and perhaps if they shut their mouths and went harder at the ball they may have got over the line....
Some good gutsy footy played by both teams and have the potential to push some of the more fancied sides in the league.
The game was played in good spirits too which is good to see given their fierce rivalry and the brawl that occured last year.
Well done to both sides.:thumbsu:

ur not wrong we all no arguing with umpire's does not help,ppl need 2 burn that in2 their brains so when ur out there u dont even think bout the umpires. their should only be 1 thing in ur head and its getting the ball,

but in saying that, the consistency and discions of umpires espically in the districts league. u could call it disgraceful.. theirs always going 2 be bad discions but thats the way it will always be not just district but all levels of football, even so u still just got2 get on with it.. believe it or not umps r ppl 2.. in the end just play the game..

ur not wrong we all no arguing with umpire's does not help,ppl need 2 burn it in2 their brains so when ur out there u dont even think bout the umpires. their should only be thing in ur head and its getting the ball,

but in saying that, the consistency and discions of umpires espically in the districts league. u could call it disgraceful.. theirs always going 2 be bad discions but thats the way it will always be not just district but all levels of football, even so u still just got2 get on with.. believe it or not umps r ppl 2.. in the end just play the game..

Well said Kickit! Couldn't have put it into words better myself!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three really good matches this week that will give us an idea where some clubs are at. Rup vs DHML/Balmoral, Rup are possibley a top three side, so it will be interesting to see how close they get to the Roos. I reckon the Roos by 3 goals. Swifts vs Pimipinio - After Pimps effort last week, the Baggies might give 'em a run for their money. But for me, Pimpinio to bounce back with a 4 goal win. Laharum vs Edenhope Apsley - E/A have improved from last year but I still don't think they will match it with the Mountain Men, Laharum by 35 points. The other two matches, not so good, NQ to beat Natimuk by at least 10 goals and Kalkee to beat Taylors lake by at least 20 goals. Although, there is a great match coming up in round 4, Kalkee Vs Southern Roos, should be a ripper.

Good result for Rupanyup over Harrow/Balmoral.

Have Rupanyup improved that much? The new recruits made the difference?

Or is there trouble in the Harrow/Balmoral camp , with injuries, etc?

:eek:

Good result for Rupanyup over Harrow/Balmoral.

Have Rupanyup improved that much? The new recruits made the difference?

Or is there trouble in the Harrow/Balmoral camp , with injuries, etc?

:eek:

we played rup 2 weeks ago and they were a very good side, they use the ball well and run the lines very good.. wouldn't be surprised if they finished in the top 3

Big shock last week with Rup beating DHML/Balmoral. I think the Southern roos will be in for another tough task this week against the Kees. Kees to win by 5 goals. Swifts should have their first win for the season, by 7 goals against the Lakers. Ethiopia/Aspendale to beat the Rams by over 10 goals. Rupanyup to beat N/Q also by 10 goals. Pimpinio Vs Great Western is an interesting one, I haven't seen the Western yet this year and after seeing the Tigers a couple of times, I'm tipping Great Western by 2 goals.

just asking about a young full forward playing for edenhope/aspendale called reagan hamilton,big tall skinny red headed kid.How is he going in this competition ?.

7kg's whats happend? arent they delivering pizza's out to the prison anymore. Will test out his little niggle in a few weeks in apollo bay see if it holds up. Im still predicting injury by round 3

Well Bomber it seems as tho u were near spot on with ur prediction m8......the big fella only lasted 2 weeks, with the bye in the 3rd round he missed the game on the weekend against Pimp thru injury!!

Just wandering how my ol m8 Nathan Shalders is going in his coaching duties with the magoos at Great Western this year!! Have been hearing on the grape vine that he is under the pump atm with comparisons 2 Terry Wallace!! He may need 2 get a few more wins under the belt 2 secure his position 4 the remainder of the year!! ;)

just asking about a young full forward playing for edenhope/aspendale called reagan hamilton,big tall skinny red headed kid.How is he going in this competition ?.

Im from Edenhope/Apsley and I train with him even tho I play senoir colts. His a good bloke. He got injured in the first game so when he is completely over that, he should be a good target up forward.

the great journo roy ward has done it again surely the mail times are one of the worst newspapers in australia,two footballers i know in the mallee he named as tall key position players,tom summerhayes and troy ferrier are both far from key position rather pacey onballer types and thats only the ones i know of,if someone else supplied these names and comments surely ward being the 'premier' sports writer should know what all the leauges in our district better players play like

congats to hdfl on a good victory i thought no 15 mcnally was clearly bog and was very impressed with jake percy i'd never heard of both lads so i'd be interested in boths history.can someone also tell me why no harrow/balmoral footballers were named?was it a directive from the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back