Hobart F.C at the cross roads

Remove this Banner Ad

How long has it been in the pipeline already?? I know it was promised by Gov in run in too the last election, but have heard pretty much nothing since :thumbsdown:

Whats the TCA going to be like for Fridays game Kp?
Suppose to rain most of next week, and i imagine after the rain we've had already, there would be a lot of water still on the ground?

It'd have to be at least 11 years, I remember the first twilight game under lights there back in 2000 between North and Clarence, one of the poorest games of footy I think I'd ever seen to that stage and North won something like 5 goals to 3!
It's been an issue ever since, but also it's a huge political hot potato sadly.
TCA will be cherry ripe for Good Friday, it just couldn't cope with approximately 120mm of rain falling on it in such a short period of time and it became inundated.
Had some fine, mild and sunny weather the past few days and it's windy tonight so should be in top nick :thumbsu:

Little birdy tells me 2 players have been droppped for this week as they failed to turn up to training on Sunday. Cassidy and Willing were the names mentioned, can anyone confirm this? If so can the club afford to lose a couple of big bodies coming up against Nth Hob this week.

Little birdy tells me 2 players have been droppped for this week as they failed to turn up to training on Sunday. Cassidy and Willing were the names mentioned, can anyone confirm this? If so can the club afford to lose a couple of big bodies coming up against Nth Hob this week.

can anyone confirm cassidy has walked out on tiges? could be heading to an SFL club

As he is over the Colts age limit, Cassidy is aligned to an SFL club and perhaps this is what you have heard, but I’m nearly 100% sure he remains with Hobart.

As he is over the Colts age limit, Cassidy is aligned to an SFL club and perhaps this is what you have heard, but I’m nearly 100% sure he remains with Hobart.

hadn't thought of that. my source must have got a bit excited when he heard cassidy could be lining up with brighton

hadn't thought of that. my source must have got a bit excited when he heard cassidy could be lining up with brighton

If Cassidy and Willing don't play surely that wont be as bad as North losing Degooyer, Fisher, Diva, Wells, the kid that got smashed, Veitch (who always plays well against Hobart) and from what I have heard now Gardham, Allison and Murphy? Tigers may start as favourites:)

If Cassidy and Willing don't play surely that wont be as bad as North losing Degooyer, Fisher, Diva, Wells, the kid that got smashed, Veitch (who always plays well against Hobart) and from what I have heard now Gardham, Allison and Murphy? Tigers may start as favourites:)

heard about most of them. fisher got 2 weeks but i think 1 might have been suspended. whats murphy done

I notice that Brighton play Kingborough on Friday night at the new oval, so what question could be answered before saturdays game. on a side note why would Cassidy be dropped back to Brighton ( would dominate ) wouldnt he go to Kingborough seeing thats Hobarts zone???

You'd be feeling hard done by being a good seniors player at Kingborough if Cassidy walked in and took your spot. Kingborough have a good side this year.

Hobart would be stupid to drop them now, they would be a chance to beat the at the TCA with that many players out. I don't think they will have the balls to drop them now. If they are to be dropped it would be a pretty strong message to the players though, maybe to their own detriment.

I believe Hobart offered Kingborough the opportunity to have HFC players missing the seniors directed their way, but they didn’t want that arrangement. Which I can see from their point of view why they wouldn’t, as it might cause some disruption to their senior side.

Hobart would be stupid to drop them now, they would be a chance to beat the at the TCA with that many players out. I don't think they will have the balls to drop them now. If they are to be dropped it would be a pretty strong message to the players though, maybe to their own detriment.
can tell u 100% cassidy and Willing wont play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Hobart offered Kingborough the opportunity to have HFC players missing the seniors directed their way, but they didn’t want that arrangement. Which I can see from their point of view why they wouldn’t, as it might cause some disruption to their senior side.

Ha, when the senior board member went down to Kingborough to discuss the Kingborough supporters threw eggs at him i'm told by another senior board member at HFC.:confused:

Ha, when the senior board member went down to Kingborough to discuss the Kingborough supporters threw eggs at him i'm told by another senior board member at HFC.:confused:

That wouldn't surprise me with that pack of clowns :thumbsdown:

I'll still never forget that day that fat arsehat Herweynan and I think it was Craig Roberts came into the Hobart clubrooms after a match at the TCA and demanded Hobart remove its premiership flags down off the walls and the Tigers Den sign above the bar because Kingston were already the SFL Tigers.

I thought, "What an f'ing cheek you lotta c**** have got making demands like that!" and got into a pretty heated argument with some Kingston spud over it.

Then later on after that sometime down the track the Kingston SuperRules team had used our changerooms one Sunday morning, and one Kingston person had reported what was in the Hobart changerooms back to Kingston Football Club and they then demanded the removal of a wooden Tiger head off the office door etc.
It was absolutely pathetic stuff! Almost comical :eek:

Then another time Hobart gave Kingston an absolute shitkicking in the Colts, Reserves and Seniors up at the TCA one day.
One of the Reserves boys sung "Tigers" in the team song, Hobart were told they had to sing different words in their song (look out it's Captain Morro the Tarfingered Thought Policeman at work :rolleyes:) and as a consequence, Kingston got in the Mercury whingeing like babies who'd just pooped their pants wanting Hobart (who were ladder leaders in all three grades) to have all their season's points stripped because one bloke sang Tigers in the song.

Unbelievable! This is in part why NO Hobart supporter has one iota of time for that lot :thumbsdown:

On another note, heard a sad rumour that Steven 'Jungle' Denehey (the old Hobart and later Kingborough drummer) had a massive stroke recently and was not in the best health at all. Hope he gets well, he's an absolute gentleman.

can tell u 100% cassidy and Willing wont play
Spot on :thumbsu:
What are my Tattslotto numbers for this week SDog? :)

Heard the coaching staff were adamant the pair be dropped and some senior players wanted it overturned and they be fined, but the coaching staff insisted they sit it out.
Fair enough too I guess, gotta draw a line in the sand somewhere don't ya?

As far as I was aware they could go wherever they liked if they were dropped from the Hobart seniors, so your buddy might be right, as there's no concrete alignment in place with one particular club.
Justin Harvey is on DOSA's list when he doesn't play seniors for example, although I don't think he's played for them yet. :)

As far as I was aware they could go wherever they liked if they were dropped from the Hobart seniors, so your buddy might be right, as there's no concrete alignment in place with one particular club.
Justin Harvey is on DOSA's list when he doesn't play seniors for example, although I don't think he's played for them yet. :)

geez there's some confusion around this issue. sounds like something afl tas has organised. dosa player posted on old scholars thread that any tsl player has to be signed up to them if he wants to play. think ne gave a list of nth hobart blokes already signed.

geez there's some confusion around this issue. sounds like something afl tas has organised. dosa player posted on old scholars thread that any tsl player has to be signed up to them if he wants to play. think ne gave a list of nth hobart blokes already signed.

I went and watched the Dees and Tigers battle it out last Saturday because my magpies had the week off.

It wasn't a bad game...better than I expected! North had heaps of players out, but still won.

I reckon Hobart ran out of steam after their half time warm-up out on the ground! I couldn't undestand why their fitness guru had the doing run throughs....no wonder they tired in the last quarter!!:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back