Hobart F.C at the cross roads

Remove this Banner Ad

"But you can't ignore the new facility at Kingborough and the general feeling from other other clubs is that Hobart should relocate and that the Hobart municipality can't sustain two teams."

What general feeling amongst other clubs, just because you say it Shaun is it true? where's the proof? Where is the business case that Hobart cannot support 2 city based clubs yet Launny can support 3?

Personally I believe both clubs should merge, have done for a while because I know how Wade operates so it is "afait compli" but the Tigers should never go to Kingston, at least a city based merger will ensure the club survives in some capacity, a move to Kingston means death, Hobart cannot be based in Kingston, they are both city's, can't happen.

Back to the original issue, lets just ay if it were in the AFL it would be huge news! and no im Duthie and Ricky Nixon are not involved;)

I note that Launceston FC is based at Riverside in the Municipality of West Tamar, population 25K. That leave Launy city with 2 teams. Hobart city 50K has 2 teams, Kingston Municipality 33K + Huon 15K dont have a team. It makes sense to have someone based out of the new facility that plays TSL.

I don't think any clubs are "chummy chummy" off the field

You must be pretty close with HFC to know if the majority have no time for anyone at North. Or are you still bitter and twisted over the 03 Grand Final loss?

How much did Hobart lose by again?

Or did a roster match win in 09 sooth your pain?

Originally Posted by DOSACHOKER

Have heard an interesting story this morning regarding a Hobart player and a player from a club that the Hobart players definately do not like, pretty serious with AFL Tas already involved and Stubbsy is all over it:eek: heard it from Nth Hobart person whom is mates with a Hobart supporter(they hate each other really).

So Dosachoker, AFL tas have done well to hide this.
They have given the mercury a scoop on the merger so that they would not publish this story?

Come on give us the details?? no need to name anyone??

What an absolute shambles, and to think this uncertainty and political crap is actually being driven by the league!! Tasmania is a great footy state, the TSL concept should be really successful, yet unless AFL Tasmania get their act together it will go the way of the former Statewide competition and topple over. There is only so much the fans will put up with before they lose interest, and find some other footy to keep them amused. The chorus of dislike for Scott Wade comes from many circles, yet he seems to have the power and invincibility that is afforded to some Presidential dictators in overseas nations. It can't be that hard for clubs to stand up to the bully can it?

Hobart's fortunes on the field have not been great this year, but it's hard to see things getting any better in 2012 and 2013 while this stench lingers around the place. How do they intend to sign players knowing the club has a year or two left in the TSL?

Maybe there is some merit in two clubs sharing the one venue - whether it be North Hobart or the TCA. Alternate weeks playing at home. Personally I'd love to see the TCA developed, it should be one of the country's best sporting venues on the fringe of the city, combined with amazing views.

For the sake of Tasmanian footy, let's hope a resolution is found sooner rather than later. The off-field stuff, and the uncertainty, is taking away from what the competition and talk should be about - FOOTBALL!!!!

Well flog. The majority of players at the tacca have no time for the blokes at North, they are a pack of big heads and always have been well before Geappen was coaching. You were making it sound like they are all chummy chummy off the field, which they are not, yes a few are including the former coach of North. You are talking sh*t. North can stay at North.

your'e a nice bloke aren't you, I think you may need some anger management sessions, but seriously what's with the anger, sorry if I ave a pretty informed opionion, maybe its just you that hates the noth guys!

Have heard an interesting story this morning regarding a Hobart player and a player from a club that the Hobart players definately do not like, pretty serious with AFL Tas already involved and Stubbsy is all over it:eek: heard it from Nth Hobart person whom is mates with a Hobart supporter(they hate each other really).

They have given the mercury a scoop on the merger so that they would not publish this story?

Is it true a Clarence player is going to Hobart's training tonight to apologise to the group for something that was said on the town Saturday night?

Is it true a Clarence player is going to Hobart's training tonight to apologise to the group for something that was said on the town Saturday night?

Have heard this maybe the case, the scant amount in the Mercury today just shows how little they are really interested in printing the truth, almost glossed over. The kid involved apparently is gutted as are his team mates, just what the club needs!

Have heard this maybe the case, the scant amount in the Mercury today just shows how little they are really interested in printing the truth, almost glossed over. The kid involved apparently is gutted as are his team mates, just what the club needs!

i suggest you have a think about how the media actually works before posting rubbish like this.
from what i know, having been told by mates who work in the various local media forms, is noone from either hobart or AFL Tas wanted to comment on it. how do you report something in detail when noone is willing to put their name to it?

if you are so big and know what is actually going on, give them a call, and put your name to the story and let the facts be told.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i suggest you have a think about how the media actually works before posting rubbish like this.
from what i know, having been told by mates who work in the various local media forms, is noone from either hobart or AFL Tas wanted to comment on it. how do you report something in detail when noone is willing to put their name to it?

if you are so big and know what is actually going on, give them a call, and put your name to the story and let the facts be told.
Is there going to be a tribunal set up for stuff that happens out on the town? Why wouldnt Hally and the Hobart boys touch him up straight after he said what he did

Well SDOG, sorry chump but i must be talking to different mates of yours. And given i'm probably closer to the player than you are i will take what i have been told over yours, which is a Clarence player (Nathan O'Donohue look a like) will be fronting the Hobart playing group tonight to apologise for comments made to a player from Hobart out on the town on saturday night. If this happens i'll stay tuned but thats what i have been told. But i'm sure i will let you know if it happens or not.

So paraphrasing the above, someone from Clarence has said something to Hally that is bad enough to warrant the clubs getting involved and the Clarence player having to front the Hobart playing group to apologise for it.

Correct?

What an absolute shambles, and to think this uncertainty and political crap is actually being driven by the league!! Tasmania is a great footy state, the TSL concept should be really successful, yet unless AFL Tasmania get their act together it will go the way of the former Statewide competition and topple over.
It can't be that hard for clubs to stand up to the bully can it?

Hobart's fortunes on the field have not been great this year, but it's hard to see things getting any better in 2012 and 2013 while this stench lingers around the place. How do they intend to sign players knowing the club has a year or two left in the TSL?

Maybe there is some merit in two clubs sharing the one venue - whether it be North Hobart or the TCA. Alternate weeks playing at home. Personally I'd love to see the TCA developed, it should be one of the country's best sporting venues on the fringe of the city, combined with amazing views.

For the sake of Tasmanian footy, let's hope a resolution is found sooner rather than later. The off-field stuff, and the uncertainty, is taking away from what the competition and talk should be about - FOOTBALL!!!!

You know AFLTas remind me of NEWS Ltd, power corrupts & absolute power corrupts absolutely. What they have gotten away with behind closed doors would beggar belief.
They killed off the last SWL, killed off the Devils, spent millions of AFL, state & sponsors dollars with nothing to show for it.
They pay off some clubs who follow the political line like wet nose puppies. To threaten Hobart yet throw money & support at others is disgraceful. Yet all along the Argyle st clique go on like they care about the game. Really they show no care for anyone who doesnt suck up to them.
No one has any idea of what they want to do with football except control it for themselves via some of the favoured clubs & making sure they get a nice paypacket for themselves out of it.
Now if that doesnt sound like the Mafia paying off some clubs & bullying others. I dont know what would.:eek:

Well SDOG, sorry chump but i must be talking to different mates of yours. And given i'm probably closer to the player than you are i will take what i have been told over yours, which is a Clarence player (Nathan O'Donohue look a like) will be fronting the Hobart playing group tonight to apologise for comments made to a player from Hobart out on the town on saturday night. If this happens i'll stay tuned but thats what i have been told. But i'm sure i will let you know if it happens or not.

think you misunderstood co*k. im well aware of what happened, that a Clarence player who isnt playing this week mouthed off on the town and said some not so nice things. i also have been told a couple of Hobart boys fronted up to a sunday recovery session at Bellerive beach looking to touch up said opposition player.

but what I was saying is bit hard to accuse the media of glossing over the issue when both clubs involved, administrators, players and coaching staff wont say anything when they are contacted.

think you misunderstood co*k. im well aware of what happened, that a Clarence player who isnt playing this week mouthed off on the town and said some not so nice things. i also have been told a couple of Hobart boys fronted up to a sunday recovery session at Bellerive beach looking to touch up said opposition player.

but what I was saying is bit hard to accuse the media of glossing over the issue when both clubs involved, administrators, players and coaching staff wont say anything when they are contacted.

Cook?

Sorry, i did misunderstand you and agree with your point. Not sure if this is a matter for the media though as it has nothing to do with footy! Would love to hear Brett Geappens or Tim Castles thoughts on it.
icon10.gif

If said allegations are true. Is this becoming a bit of an Embarrassment at Clarence and following on after the Justin Sherman incident only last month.
Racism should be dead and buried in Sport in this day and age.

If said allegations are true. Is this becoming a bit of an Embarrassment at Clarence and following on after the Justin Sherman incident only last month.
Racism should be dead and buried in Sport in this day and age.

Yes, very embarrassing. I think Royce Hart was in the media last year as well for some sort of misdemeanour....

i also have been told a couple of Hobart boys fronted up to a sunday recovery session at Bellerive beach looking to touch up said opposition player.

Hobart have recovery at Bellerive beach as do Clarence every Sunday morning, I think that if players actually did this then they would be stood down by their club from playing so I would say what you heard would be "incorrect" maybe if AFL Tas actually showed more leadership in this and sanctioned the club and player it would prevent it from happening again, similar to Sherman, if I did it and my employer found out I would be summarily fired whether at work or not so whilst the guy is paid to play footy for his club his code of conduct will always be connected to his club, whether you like it or not! If this guy says it in the pub he will say it on the field eventually, leapords find it hard to change their spots.

regarding the media, well you are correct if neither club wants to say anything but the media has a role to play in education, a story highlighting the damage this stuff does to people would get the ball rolling, be creative guys:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back