Mabior CholWristTest
Ned ReevesHandTest
Henry HustwaiteConcussionTest
Mitch LewisKneeTBC
Jack O’SullivanHamstring2-3 weeks
Will McCabeBack4-6 weeks
James BlanckKneeSeason
Sam ButlerLegSeason

Shades of Grant Birchall a few years ago, when he was a perennial "test" every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This just reeks of what I mentioned last week about players being advised to try the no-surgical option first. If he wasn't an athlete with all that ground and pound they put their knees through then I could see it being a viable option but IMO every time he will try to ramp up the loads that knee is going to flare up again.

I have no doubt whatsoever in the near future we'll get word that he's been booked in for a meniscectomy which is also known as a meniscal debridement where there's a removal of torn or damaged meniscus. Depending on how bad the damage is recovery time can range from anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks or 3 to 6 months. I just want us to get him right and if that means sacrificing this season then so be it cause the last thing we want is for it to roll into next season.

EDIT: scratch what I said above. After watch what Burge just said it sounds like the issue is chondromalacia

Last edited:
We are not playing finals why not put Lewis in for an operation. Get the knee fixed as best as possible and start preseason fit & healthy.

Resting the knee and building work load back up is not working.
Check out the link in Bugs' post.

We are not playing finals why not put Lewis in for an operation. Get the knee fixed as best as possible and start preseason fit & healthy.

Resting the knee and building work load back up is not working.
Going off what Burge said in the video on the Hawks website the injury is not a meniscus cartilage issue but rather the behind the back of the knee cap (patella). This is diagnosed as chondromalacia and yeah rest and rehab is apparently the best course of action.

everyone is rightfullly suggesting why surgery hasn’t been considered earlier. Especially if it is the same issues as last season.

But some players prefer to rule everything out before finally and reluctantly considering surgery options. Is Lewis of this thinking?

Has he ever had any surgery previously as he seems to struggle every season

This just reeks of what I mentioned last week about players being advised to try the no-surgical option first. If he wasn't an athlete with all that ground and pound they put their knees through then I could see it being a viable option but IMO every time he will try to ramp up the loads that knee is going to flare up again.

I have no doubt whatsoever in the near future we'll get word that he's been booked in for a meniscectomy which is also known as a meniscal debridement where there's a removal of torn or damaged meniscus. Depending on how bad the damage is recovery time can range from anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks or 3 to 6 months. I just want us to get him right and if that means sacrificing this season then so be it cause the last thing we want is for it to roll into next season.

EDIT: scratch what I said above. After watch what Burge just said it sounds like the issue is chondromalacia

His issue is similar to some I’ve seen at local level, but they play through it because it is something that can be managed. If he can get it sorted he’ll be fine, it is as Burge said just an excess amount of fluid building in the knee after upping his load. They’ll find a way to make sure it won’t happen and get the best solution. Glad they’re taking their time.

And in 2 months when he still isnt ready to play what will the excuse be?
You already know he will be out for 2 more months, you tell us what the excuse will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back