Injury HFC Injury watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has said he will miss the year? I think he will never play more than 18 games in a year. I think he will miss more games this year after he returns - whenever that is.

Do you think he is someone we build a succesful team around?

I think you can but we cant rely on him if that makes sense.... we desperately need a partner/s for him

Who has said he will miss the year? I think he will never play more than 18 games in a year. I think he will miss more games this year after he returns - whenever that is.

TazHawk15 and their gut said he will miss all year. That’s what eldorado quotes initially.

It's been said before but geez Jeka got injured at a bad time. You have Lewis out, Kosi out of form and Ramsden probably a bit raw to be played just yet and he's on the sidelines with a Hammy. Could have been a huge opportunity for him.

So why did you quote me?

The guy I was talking to had a 'gut feel' that we probably wouldn't see Lewis for the year, and you saw fit to quote me, and then later tell me that his 'gut feel' was right.

I didn't mention your '18 games a year' thing at all.

So why did you quote me unless you believe we probably won't see Lewis for a year?

So why did you quote me?

The guy I was talking to had a 'gut feel' that we probably wouldn't see Lewis for the year, and you saw fit to quote me, and then later tell me that his 'gut feel' was right.

So why did you quote me unless you believe we probably won't see Lewis for a year?
I'll end it all here once and for all. The reason why a lot of ours fans assume the worst (re Lewis) is because if it actually happens then they have already mentally prepared themselves. It's the same thing when the club has chased free agents (ie Cogs etc). I guess we have to have a certain amount of Gloomy Gus to even everything out.

Last edited:
So why did you quote me?

Sorry, you are right. I went back through to the original post where the year was mentioned. I only saw the discussion around the current timing being pushed out.

Lewis has a history of taking longer than expected to recover. I dont think that will change over his career, given his age.

Hi, guys. Pardon the intrusion, but can anyone of you tell me if Josh Weddle's injury is on the long or medium term? He's been stuck in my fantasy side for the first three rounds without playing a single game.

Hi, guys. Pardon the intrusion, but can anyone of you tell me if Josh Weddle's injury is on the long or medium term? He's been stuck in my fantasy side for the first three rounds without playing a single game.
Back in training, probably available to play...but I don't think he'd be a selection in the ones for the medium term...

Personally I'd be more concerned if there were regular issues with the same muscle/area, like Wingard and his calf. Lewis has been unlucky with his injuries to date.

Heard from someone who does S&C at Hawthorn and obviously is involved around the group pretty heavily that Mitch (Lewis) has been trying to get his date moved forward for a while, wouldn't be shocked to see the best case scenario this week (Round 6 v Adelaide UTAS) instead of (Round 7), he's gonna be at training doing everything, so as long as he has no issues he'll be pushing Sams buttons to play.

Heard from someone who does S&C at Hawthorn and obviously is involved around the group pretty heavily that Mitch (Lewis) has been trying to get his date moved forward for a while, wouldn't be shocked to see the best case scenario this week (Round 6 v Adelaide UTAS) instead of (Round 7), he's gonna be at training doing everything, so as long as he has no issues he'll be pushing Sams buttons to play.
Yes he has but he is not succeeding and rightly so. He has been held back everything going well this week and next and he is back round 7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor bugger. Does not sound like a lot of fun!

And from the article: "It comes after the 29-year-old received a stray arm to the mouth in a marking contest" - No free kick was paid.
Shocking injury but still hard to believe he doesn’t wear a mouthguard, just blows my mind

Yes he has but he is not succeeding and rightly so. He has been held back everything going well this week and next and he is back round 7
I love that big Mitch was pushing so hard, keen to have him back, love his leadership and personality.

Poor bugger. Does not sound like a lot of fun!

And from the article: "It comes after the 29-year-old received a stray arm to the mouth in a marking contest" - No free kick was paid.
I reckon he copped it after the collision on the ground in the follow up, not in the original contest...

I'm really surprised by that, from a professional footballer. Usually the guys who didn't wear mouthguards were the ones who already had no teeth.

And mouthguard technology has come so far. Those ones you get from the chemist that you run under hot water and bite down to shape are shite. Forget them.
Even the first gen mouthguards made from moulds of your mouth are pretty shite by modern standards.

These days you can get a fitted mouthguard made from some super special plastic stuff that you barely notice you're wearing. Not like the other types above. Sure they cost some $$$ and might not be what you get for little Johnny playing U12's, but for a professional footballer wouldn't that big of a deal. Probably tax deductable too?

I'm guessing Chad might look into one now?

I'm reminded of another "famous" Aussie Chad now I've written about this. The Sheik of Scrubby Creek himself!
ab67616d0000b27317363acb72893e168a2c9ee3

Very unpleasant needing to have stitches in your tongue I can imagine. Hope that Chad recovers fully and wish him all the best.
I had a tumor cut out of my tongue and had stiches. Not nice at all. I couldn't talk for a few days. Actually
quite a few people were pleased with me being speechless! Wish Chad all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back