Injury HFC Injury watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The jungle telegraph is saying one of the players has a fracture and is going in for surgery

It would make sense because by memory someone took a pic of him at training last week and he had some strapping on his wrist. If so then hopefully just a plate to be inserted.
He had the cast/strapping on his wrist again this morning at training.

Punky is back, as is DGB and CJ.

PlayerInjuryAvailability / Timeframe
Changkuoth JiathQuadricepAvailable
Luke BreustGroinAvailable
Denver Grainger-BarrasToeAvailable
Cooper StephensAchillesTest
Ned ReevesHand1-2 weeks
Henry HustwaiteConcussion1 week
Mitch LewisKnee1-2 weeks
Mabior CholWrist1-2 weeks
James SicilyShoulder/AnkleTBC
Will McCabeBack5-7 weeks
James BlanckKneeSeason
Sam ButlerLegSeason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch is broken.
As I did say in preseason (I think after CJ and day got hurt) this is another development year
I don’t think he’s broken at all. I just think that he / the club went the conservative route with his knee which was the non-surgical option but with whatever is going on it just hasn’t responded / recovered the way they thought it would.

It was reported that they’ve de-loaded his training which you’d think is to see if that settles it down but what I think will invariably happen is that he’ll have to go in for some form of surgery likely an arthroscope. In days gone by that is probably what would’ve happen in the offseason but it seems the non-surgical option is the way players prefer to try first rather than clean out loses bits of meniscus etc because once parts are taken out they don’t grow back and then knee becomes unstable which can cause other issues.

Either way this is where I reckon this is sitting atm with Mitch and the club with a decision to make but I truly believe he’ll be okay once he gets it cleaned up.

Really concerned about Lewis going forward.

Can't afford to have our best KPP out injured all the time when we are contending.

What is his issue? Weak muscles around the knee? Doesn't do his rehab? Genetics?

Becoming a problem

I don’t think he’s broken at all. I just think that he / the club went the conservative route with his knee which was the non-surgical option but with whatever is going on it just hasn’t responded / recovered the way they thought it would.

It was reported that they’ve de-loaded his training which you’d think is to see if that settles it down but what I think will invariably happen is that he’ll have to go in for some form of surgery likely an arthroscope. In days gone by that is probably what would’ve happen in the offseason but it seems the non-surgical option is the way players prefer to try first rather than clean out loses bits of meniscus etc because once parts are taken out they don’t grow back and then knee becomes unstable which can cause other issues.

Either way this is where I reckon this is sitting atm with Mitch and the club with a decision to make but I truly believe he’ll be okay once he gets it cleaned up.
Then book him in for surgery 4 weeks ago!

There is something wrong with how Mitch is managed. Other clubs are able to get older, heavier and bulkier guys on the park. Why is it we can’t do it with him?

You can deal with injuries in game but haven”t most of his injuries have been incurred at training?

Feel sorry for the guy and the supporters.

Really concerned about Lewis going forward.

Can't afford to have our best KPP out injured all the time when we are contending.

What is his issue? Weak muscles around the knee? Doesn't do his rehab? Genetics?

Becoming a problem
I guess that means we have so time to get him right then

There is something wrong with how Mitch is managed. Other clubs are able to get older, heavier and bulkier guys on the park. Why is it we can’t do it with him?

You can deal with injuries in game but haven”t most of his injuries have been incurred at training?

Feel sorry for the guy and the supporters.
Nah. He has been injury prone is whole career. Hs never played more than 15 games nor kicked 40 goals in a season at any level. Not the club’s fault.

James SicilyShoulder/AnkleTBC
What's the whisper on Sic, would have to miss one to two at least I would have thought.
“Some guys have them and yeah, they can't move the next day, but he walked into my office and he's putting his hands above his head and he's like, yeah, I'm feeling pretty good.”

From Talking Hawks: Hawthorn Backline Coach Kade Simpson - Mid Season 2024, 8 May 2024

Last edited:
“Some guys have them and yeah, they can't move the next day, but he walked into my office and he's putting his hands above his head and he's like, yeah, I'm feeling pretty good.”

From Talking Hawks: Hawthorn Backline Coach Kade Simpson - Mid Season 2024, 8 May 2024

With him playing out the game you'd think it would've just been a partial dislocation. This can still take 4-6 weeks shoulders are funny things.
Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 9.10.53 am.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back