FTA-TV Have You Been Paying Attention?

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably the best episode of the season. I was belly laughing almost the whole way through. The interplay between Tom, Ed and Sam was top notch and Lloyd had some cracking lines. Him telling Sam to f*** off and answer the gardening question was so unexpected and hilarious. I often get confused between Emma Holland and Alex Ward, but Alex is MUCH funnier and had a really strong night too!

I don't think the show suffers from Ed's absence as much as when Sam isn't there. I did love the Kiwi bickering though and I thought Lizzie had a few good lines as well. I thought it was one of the better 'ensembles', if you know what I mean.

Jelena Dokic was fabulous. One of the best 'guest quizmasters' they've had.
I didn't really enjoy her, to be honest. I'm not a fan generally though, so I wasn't really surprised by that. It didn't make me want to turn it off or anything.

I don't think the show suffers from Ed's absence as much as when Sam isn't there. I did love the Kiwi bickering though and I thought Lizzie had a few good lines as well. I thought it was one of the better 'ensembles', if you know what I mean.
Lehmo was pretty non-existent the whole show though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely. As good as Ed is, he doesn't really play a nuanced, cynical role like Sam so it's not a big deal to replace him with just a straight up comedian (or Lehmo). As opposed to when Sam's cynical naughty kid energy is missing.

Need to mention though that Guy is top shelf. Bloody love his work on the show.

If you're a fan of Guy, he did a TV show in NZ earlier this year called "Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont Spelling Bee" that I can't recommend highly enough, has a few of the Kiwi HYPBA regulars appear on it too.

Don't think it's legally available here but it's easy enough to find online.

If you're a fan of Guy, he did a TV show in NZ earlier this year called "Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont Spelling Bee" that I can't recommend highly enough, has a few of the Kiwi HYPBA regulars appear on it too.

Don't think it's legally available here but it's easy enough to find online.
I stumbled across it on Youtube last weekend and binged all 8 episodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back