FTA-TV Have You Been Paying Attention?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pete Helliar?
Dave Hughes?
Luke McGregor?
Peter Helliar has had a renaissance. I don't know if he read the criticisms or just let loose when he left the Project, but he's last couple of appearances have been very good and he's made some pretty wild jokes. I found him among the worst guests for a while, but have to admit he's improved. And I don't mind Luke McGregor. His is a unique personality but he has his moments, though I understand why some people don't like him.

Julie Morris is Least Valuable Player at the moment.

Peter Helliar has had a renaissance. I don't know if he read the criticisms or just let loose when he left the Project, but he's last couple of appearances have been very good and he's made some pretty wild jokes. I found him among the worst guests for a while, but have to admit he's improved. And I don't mind Luke McGregor. His is a unique personality but he has his moments, though I understand why some people don't like him.

Julie Morris is Least Valuable Player at the moment.
I'll have to take your word for it on Helliar's "renaissance". I refuse to watch anything with him on it, so I haven't seen any of his alleged "pretty wild jokes". I've consistently found him to be slightly less funny than a fart in an elevator, over a period of 10+ years. I struggle to imagine this particular leopard changing his spots. I guess anything is possible though...

Luke McGregor is probably an "acquired taste" - one I have never "acquired".

I'll have to take your word for it on Helliar's "renaissance". I refuse to watch anything with him on it, so I haven't seen any of his alleged "pretty wild jokes". I've consistently found him to be slightly less funny than a fart in an elevator, over a period of 10+ years. I struggle to imagine this particular leopard changing his spots. I guess anything is possible though...

Luke McGregor is probably an "acquired taste" - one I have never "acquired".
I saw Peter Helliar do stand-up in the Rove Live era when he was just starting out, he was actually pretty good, which is why he got picked up by The Project. With each passing year, he became shitter and shitter. Like you, I loathed his appearances on the panel. But his most recent appearances were good, imo. If I had to take a guess, I reckon he took the criticism to heart and is trying to recapture a bit of past glory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back