GRFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Nully need to field a hockey team if they want to go to the north central, so not sure they'll go just yet.
Sounds like ultima will struggle any others?
Yeh I couldn’t imagine them ever being able to fill a hockey side. Just talking to an Ultima person who said apparently they are considering it, highly doubt it would be for this season anyway.
Ultima will struggle massively again.

Seen there was a CMFL team of the year. Has a GRFL team of the year been named? What names from each club would we be expecting to see?

Heard Nully have accepted going into NCFL (don’t know if it’s next year or year after) and are willing to be in the league and miss out on hockey for the first 12 months. There are some towns that don’t play certain grades in hockey already in NCFL. I think it’s mainly the footy they’re relying on. And obviously netball won’t have an issue.

any truth to it? Roota?

Heard Nully have accepted going into NCFL (don’t know if it’s next year or year after) and are willing to be in the league and miss out on hockey for the first 12 months. There are some towns that don’t play certain grades in hockey already in NCFL. I think it’s mainly the footy they’re relying on. And obviously netball won’t have an issue.

any truth to it? Roota?

That's a big blow to the league if true

any truth to it? Roota?

Honestly in the dark on this one.

will be some people dirty on it if true. Firstly Wycheproof who tried to facilitate a merger with Nully but only for Nully to say they didn’t want to be in the North Central. Sea Lake would also be scratching their heads as they had to have hockey in order to come in

I don’t know if it’s gone to the boards officially or whether it was just a vote within Nully themselves. If the vote has happened within the club, Then surely the process is somewhat already down the track. Don’t take it as gospel from me, But just what I was told by a pretty reliable source.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long term I do wonder how a team like Nully with a town of about 50 people is going to survive in the NC. They have clubs from towns like Charlton and Whyche talking mergers.

You could probably say that for most teams in the golden rivers, wyche can't get juniors I'm not sure nully will either,
Atleast it’s a lower standard so you don’t have to recruit as heavily. GR clubs are also based close enough to Kerang, Barham, Swan Hill even Cohuna that they can recruit from there without huge amounts of travel. (families too) Nully is really in the middle of nowhere and would now be travelling too far to really draw from Kerang and Swan Hill and left pretty much surrounded by bigger towns they would then have to play against so recruiting becomes even harder. I can see their seniors being able to mix it but outside of that will struggle.

Atleast it’s a lower standard so you don’t have to recruit as heavily. GR clubs are also based close enough to Kerang, Barham, Swan Hill even Cohuna that they can recruit from there without huge amounts of travel. (families too) Nully is really in the middle of nowhere and would now be travelling too far to really draw from Kerang and Swan Hill and left pretty much surrounded by bigger towns they would then have to play against so recruiting becomes even harder. I can see their seniors being able to mix it but outside of that will struggle.
No one has lived at nully for ages though, they rarely have missed finals since they came across, not sure how much of their side is locals, but they seem to keep travelling back to play

No one has lived at nully for ages though, they rarely have missed finals since they came across, not sure how much of their side is locals, but they seem to keep travelling back to play
There junior numbers improved after Sea Lake merged with Berri Colgoa. A lot of the kids south of Colgoa go now play at Nully.

Yeah Nully have voted to come into the NCFL on their own, they will continue conversations with Wyche over the next 12 months is what I’m told.
as far as how far along it is I’m not sure.
Heard a rumour that GRFL sent an email to all Nully players/ officials registered through sporting pulse, something along the lines they didn’t know anything about it and wanted Nully to stay in the league.
Also heard ncfl chairman has told Nully they aren’t concerned about no hockey, and happy to work with Nully any way they can to accommodate the move.

Yeah Nully have voted to come into the NCFL on their own, they will continue conversations with Wyche over the next 12 months is what I’m told.
Heard a rumour that GRFL sent an email to all Nully players/ officials registered through sporting pulse, something along the lines they didn’t know anything about it and wanted Nully to stay in the league.
Also heard ncfl chairman has told Nully they aren’t concerned about no hockey, and happy to work with Nully any way they can to accommodate the move.

Do many players cross between wyche and nully truck?

Also do nully still have the shared showers after the game?

Happened a bit more back in the day I think. But the only one I can think of in my time is Plugger Hogan who played with us in 2018, he was set to play for us again this year.
What about juniors. Do many head out to Nully to play an extra year or 2 of junior footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back