GRFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder why he is out of Woorinen?
He had actually retired and was just going to have a run around in the mcgoo's but received a reasonable offer to come out of retirement. Has given Woorinen great service with over 200 games so a change of environment will be good for him.

He had actually retired and was just going to have a run around in the mcgoo's but received a reasonable offer to come out of retirement. Has given Woorinen great service with over 200 games so a change of environment will be good for him.
More so his partners sister is coaching wandella AGrade netball

Would the 1st round results be cause for alarm as to the future of the league. Not a good look with results like that. While the smaller clubs are to be admired in their determination to keep going you must wonder for how long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alarm bells ringing everywhere.
A cursory look Roota and the average margin was 29 goals. I know there are points systems and pay caps but the gulf is wider than ever. The ruling bodies can try and minimise the gap but it can not be achieved in my opinion, recruiting the right players and renumeration for their services is the way forward.

A cursory look Roota and the average margin was 29 goals. I know there are points systems and pay caps but the gulf is wider than ever. The ruling bodies can try and minimise the gap but it can not be achieved in my opinion, recruiting the right players and renumeration for their services is the way forward.

Unfortunately old mate there is just simply too many clubs in the area and not enough locals who want to play for their club

Just wondering that if the league did happen to fold,what would the outcomes be for remaining teams. Would think Nulli would head our way to NC, would Ultima amal. with Eagles. What would become of Hay? Not wishing this to happen but just perhaps looking to some time in the future.

Just wondering that if the league did happen to fold,what would the outcomes be for remaining teams. Would think Nulli would head our way to NC, would Ultima amal. with Eagles. What would become of Hay? Not wishing this to happen but just perhaps looking to some time in the future.

As much as no one would ever want to see it happen I reckon it's a real possibility. There are a number of clubs who are obviously battling year after year and it's only getting harder for clubs to survive

As much as no one would ever want to see it happen I reckon it's a real possibility. There are a number of clubs who are obviously battling year after year and it's only getting harder for clubs to survive
We are delaying the inevitable. The league must be proactive and begin merger talks now. It will only get worse for these clubs as the season progresses and player numbers dwindle even more.

We are delaying the inevitable. The league must be proactive and begin merger talks now. It will only get worse for these clubs as the season progresses and player numbers dwindle even more.

Absolutely...people need to start talking rather than just hoping to survive somehow. Merge or clubs will die. I know back in some dark times at home I remember talking to my old man about mergers and his view was that he would rather me play for a side that was at least half Lalbert rather than having no club at all

Last edited:
Looking at the Picola League over here, not real sure of the reason why that went down but lots of small towns affected, they had 4 come into the Murray League at late notice, the draw has had to be done again to accommodate this so Golden Rivers, as posters above have mentioned will need to start talks now to allow seamless transitions for those that are affected. Wakool as we know came out of recession and they are being smashed from pillar to post and any potential recruit wouldn't want to play for a side getting thumped.

Absolutely...people need to start talking rather than just hoping to survive somehow. Merge or clubs will die. I know back in some dark times at home I remember talking to my old man about mergers and his view was that he would rather me play for a side that was at least half Lalbert rather than having no club at all
Totally agree with your old man Roota , my local club has played finals for the last 5 years even played off in a granny , BUT l can see the writing on the wall and l would rather see us merge then die out of stubbornness

Scores may not be the only problem umpires are very short in GRFL not sure whats going on in the local paper they said they had 107 umpires on their books. I always look at appointments and saldy only one central umpire going to wakool other games in GRFL look short also. Not sure where all the umpires have gone but not good if they are 8 central umpires short round 2. Will be suprised if clubs will cop this every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back