Green Machine Vs The Man Mundine

Remove this Banner Ad

bumming about that one. is there a more dislikable person in australian sports than anthony mundine....??

neither would've beaten Kessler anyway (Green could've in his prime a couple of years back), they may be able to beat Beyer and none of the lot would get even close to Calzaghe.

Ari said:
:confused:

He lost by about 5%.

Is t his like when Hawthorn BELT Essendon by 1 point? :p

Mundine comfortably won. It was a convincing win in boxing and is not comparable to a 1 point footy game.

HOWEVER, as the Cats learned a few weeks ago when they played the Doggies, it doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile.

Ari said:

He lost by about 5%.

Come off it. You couldnt get a much more one-sided contest. Green couldnt land a damaging blow all night. It was very comfortable.

MeeSo said:
No surprise really. Green's never been the same since that dehydration incident. Well done Mundine.

True. Green's best was a few years ago. Lost a bit too much speed since then.

But no excuse. He accepted the fight (& truck load os cash) and credit must go to Mundine for taking the points tonight.

If I was Green, I'd be sacking his Cuban trainer. Definietly needs new tactics for the return bout.

tears20109qn.jpg

The view inside many redneck houses tonight.

Disclaimer: If you 'aint a redneck dont take this personally and dont respond with "I'm not a redneck so fu...."

Jumbo said:
This is like Collingwood winning a grand final, it just feels wrong

lol, good way to sum it up

Mundine might be a good fighter and might think his a role model to his people but its people like him and Michael Long that give Aboriginals are bad image.

"America got what they deserved" i hope that comment comes back and bites him really hard one day

superstar said:
Green couldnt land a damaging blow all night.

Neither really did Mundine.

He landed more cleaner hits which is why he deservedly won. But both fighters were standing just as strongly as each other at the end of 12 rounds.

Which is why Mundine won't beat Kessler. Gotta have the power to beat the big boys to be the world champ.

Lidge said:
If I was Green, I'd be sacking his Cuban trainer. Definietly needs new tactics for the return bout.

I think Green might take the cash and call it a day. I've followed him pretty cloesly from day one and he's been on the decline ever seen the soliman-dehydration fight.

He's not going to get any better which is unfortunate because at his best he was a supreme fighter.

crownie said:
lol, good way to sum it up

Mundine might be a good fighter and might think his a role model to his people but its people like him and Michael Long that give Aboriginals are bad image.

"America got what they deserved" i hope that comment comes back and bites him really hard one day

Drawing a long (no pun intended) bow, painting all aboriginals with the same brush.

Muslim Aboriginals maybe (at a stretch);)

Anyone see hopoate's first fight..... he dropped the other guy in 20 seconds or something!!! I think i felt the blows up here in brisbane!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black Thunder said:
I think Green might take the cash and call it a day. I've followed him pretty cloesly from day one and he's been on the decline ever seen the soliman-dehydration fight.

He's not going to get any better which is unfortunate because at his best he was a supreme fighter.

Surely he'd be crazy to turn down even more money for a rematch?

Black Thunder said:

They have a rematch clause in their contract.

Ever heard of a boxer to knock back a guarnteed purse? They aren't exactly rocket scientists.

Kostya looks to be the only one who I can think of in recent times to walk away from a loss with massive $$ on the table to come back (although he may still step back into the ring)

Black Thunder said:

Not being a big fighting fan (although for eveyone this was an exception with all that was said etc.) can you explain what happened in this "soliman-dehydration fight".

Minkus_Swan said:
Surely he'd be crazy to turn down even more money for a rematch?
why would Mundine want a rematch (aside from money which he should be able to get overseas anyway).

He risks getting beaten, although that is probably not going to happen, when he can go overseas and try and mix it with Kessler, Beyer and/or Calzaghe. and the yank.... can't remember his name.

Lidge said:
Drawing a long (no pun intended) bow, painting all aboriginals with the same brush.

Muslim Aboriginals maybe (at a stretch);)

him and Hewitt could be the most hated Aussie sportsman by Australians

Ari said:

He lost by about 5%.

You don't know much about boxing, eh? With Essendon looking to spend to next few years in the gutter, perhaps you should watch some more of it. It's a good sport.

That was a very comprehensive points victory. Green was never in the fight. Still can't see Mundine beating Kessler due to a lack of power, but he is very skillful and incredibly quick. Beyer I don't rate, and Calzaghe v Mundine would be a top fight.

Green's career is over.

Lidge said:
True. Green's best was a few years ago. Lost a bit too much speed since then.

But no excuse. He accepted the fight (& truck load os cash) and credit must go to Mundine for taking the points tonight.

It's a pity this fight didn't go ahead when Green was in his prime. That would have been great to watch. Mundine was smart to drag it out for so long. The money kept getting bigger and Green kept getting older.

Great fight. Definately worth the Main Event money.

I dont know a thing about boxing, but from what I could tell, Green went in with the wrong tactics. Tried to wear Mundine down with body shots to get him to loosen up a bit in later rounds but it backfired. Used a lot of energy and shots which did minimal damage, whilst he was getting regularly pounded in the face by Mundine.

Both are supreme athletes. Amazing how Green could withstand that amount of shots to his face. Gotta give it to Mundine though....:D:D:D:D I hate him but hes a fantastic athlete.

Black Thunder said:
why would Mundine want a rematch (aside from money which he should be able to get overseas anyway).

Mundine would make far more money in a Green rematch here in Aust. He's hardly a household name or guaranteed box office for a promoter in the States. If he were world champ - and fighting an Americam - different story.

Lidge said:
Mundine would make far more money in a Green rematch here in Aust. He's hardly a household name or guaranteed box office for a promoter in the States. If he were world champ - and fighting an Americam - different story.

Mundine would be hoping Amercians have short Memories if he was to fight there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back