Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Mooroopna with no big name fwds have been the surprise packet early, I think most expected them to drop off a bit, laments proving he's worth as a coach, let's hope they push echuca, Echuca look most vulnerable if you can keep with them early and get the game into a one on one contest over the park and don't kick down the line

Mooroopna with no big name fwds have been the surprise packet early, I think most expected them to drop off a bit, laments proving he's worth as a coach, let's hope they push echuca, Echuca look most vulnerable if you can keep with them early and get the game into a one on one contest over the park and don't kick down the line
MRP will be without their VFL boys and with Echuca being imo 'unbeatable' at home I dont see it being close. I hope I am wrong.

Thermos hot take for the week (maybe for the year) - MFL league best and fairest winner Coby McCarthy to give the Morrison a fair old shake of the sauce bottle. Flying under the radar as an unknown commodity as we speak although he did have 39 touches and I would assume the 3 votes last weekend. Keep your eye on this guy originally from Ky as he has a good eye lol like the rhyme?

They have beaten Kyabram ( the jury is out on them) and Benalla who will finish in the bottom 2-3. Angus Hanrahan is a massive signing for the Cats but they have lost some real class forward of the ball. They won't kick a winning score against Echuca. They did get them at the end of 2022 by running and using their hands to get through the Press. Will they be brave enough to try the same thing this week? Echuca by 34

They have beaten Kyabram ( the jury is out on them) and Benalla who will finish in the bottom 2-3. Angus Hanrahan is a massive signing for the Cats but they have lost some real class forward of the ball. They won't kick a winning score against Echuca. They did get them at the end of 2022 by running and using their hands to get through the Press. Will they be brave enough to try the same thing this week? Echuca by 34
As long as the cats can compete for large chunks of the game, I think they'd be quietly happy, as it gives their guys confidence for later in the year, no good playing your best game of the year in April.

I think most pundits thought ky in round 1 by 4 or 5 goals, but echuca could come out and win by 100 and that will really hurt them

As long as the cats can compete for large chunks of the game, I think they'd be quietly happy, as it gives their guys confidence for later in the year, no good playing your best game of the year in April.

I think most pundits thought ky in round 1 by 4 or 5 goals, but echuca could come out and win by 100 and that will really hurt them
I think they match up against Echuca reasonably well. The last four times they’ve played them it’s been very competitive. The cats have a win and a 1 point loss at home and the games in Echuca have been close but for a short period of dominance by Echuca effectively killing the game. I can’t see Mooroopna winning though. IMHO it’s been down to coaching that they’ve played finals the last couple of seasons. They don’t have the talent of the top sides but they’re fit and they’re well drilled.

I think they match up against Echuca reasonably well. The last four times they’ve played them it’s been very competitive. The cats have a win and a 1 point loss at home and the games in Echuca have been close but for a short period of dominance by Echuca effectively killing the game. I can’t see Mooroopna winning though. IMHO it’s been down to coaching that they’ve played finals the last couple of seasons. They don’t have the talent of the top sides but they’re fit and they’re well drilled.
Early days yet but the Echuca press kills most teams in this competition as it is so well coached. I cannot see Mooroopna beating Echuca unless they are brave and take on the press. Every club will get their chance as Echuca become the hunted!

Mooroopna's recent record suggests they have as much chance as anyone. We don't yet know who the major challengers are which heightens expectations. I know I will be watching live scores closely on the this one until Playhq again shits the bed and leaves us all wondering.

There hasn’t been a lot said about the Tatura vs Euroa game last Saturday but must have been a bit rugged as I believe at least 4 players inc jett trotter , Wilson , and Pendlebury were amongst the players suspended all of whom have taken set penalties big loss coming up against KY

There hasn’t been a lot said about the Tatura vs Euroa game last Saturday but must have been a bit rugged as I believe at least 4 players inc jett trotter , Wilson , and Pendlebury were amongst the players suspended all of whom have taken set penalties big loss coming up against KY
Geez what’s happened there?! Haven’t heard anything about this.

Geez what’s happened there?! Haven’t heard anything about this.
Last 2 minutes of the final quarter from my memory....... pendlebury with a stray elbow/bump drops a bloke. Wilson first in to remonstrate followed by Troter who holds a guy down on the ground but the neck/top of playing jumper. Pendles unable to coach or have any involvement from sidelines & will be watched closely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It should be a pretty even round of games this weekend. United wouldn't want to drop the game against Benalla, Echuca to beat the Cats by 30, Ky might get Euroa, Seymour just over the Swans, Tatura V Mansfield..who knows! Rochy should get over the Bears
Looks like Echuca without a few from last game they played against United.. Reid x2, prout Willoughby.. might help the cats

It should be a pretty even round of games this weekend. United wouldn't want to drop the game against Benalla, Echuca to beat the Cats by 30, Ky might get Euroa, Seymour just over the Swans, Tatura V Mansfield..who knows! Rochy should get over the Bears
I think Benalla might get United at home the demons along way off shepp last week saints by 3 points
The cats are travelling ok considering they’ve lost 100 goals in Neild and trentgrove very good in the guts but sheer class will prevail Echuca by 40 points
Swans with 2 credible losses both by small margins think will be 2 good for a struggling Seymour swan’s by 8 points
With Euroa a little bit unsettled with suspensions ect will go down to Ky by 12 points
I think tat at home just over Mansfield 5 points
Shepp vs Rochy should be a ripper toss of the coin for me The bears just
I’d be surprised if any real blowouts this week Good luck !!!!

Hey Swoop check out The Locals video on RFC on their Facebook page. Think it's on the GVFL Facebook page also. A few faces there you will recognise.

Thanks mate really enjoyed the doco some good memories alright there’s no doubt the Rochester football club has been just great for the GVFL since their entry 👍🏻
Dirty Williams leading the boys through Tatura's group pre-game in 1992 and the mountain that was Greg Dax wanting to confront him. Tank McPhee's commentary is priceless.

Dirty Williams leading the boys through Tatura's group pre-game in 1992 and the mountain that was Greg Dax wanting to confront him. Tank McPhee's commentary is priceless.
The 'King of the Mountain'! Dax was a huge presence on the field. A player who was always good to play with and formidable to play against!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back