Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Speciman

Senior List
Apr 12, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
It is a moot point Specimen. It's not a level playing field.

Very true indeed silver, take into account; Salary cap, Points system, Further travel to country, More people in the loop downtown, so it makes it a lot easier to recruit ex AFL players! The likes of the GV and O&M have done very well considering!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A free schooling for children of ex AFL stars!
I've seen this mentioned a number of times but I'm not sure how realistic it is that a school would waive ~$100k of school fees to get someone to represent their Old Boys for 1-2 years.
I went to school with one of SKOBS more recent ex-AFL signings and the main reason for him ending up there was due to the employment opportunities secured for both him and his other half. (which opens up another can of worms regarding their amateur status but I digress)

I've seen this mentioned a number of times but I'm not sure how realistic it is that a school would waive ~$100k of school fees to get someone to represent their Old Boys for 1-2 years.
I went to school with one of SKOBS more recent ex-AFL signings and the main reason for him ending up there was due to the employment opportunities secured for both him and his other half. (which opens up another can of worms regarding their amateur status but I digress)

St Kev's has a very unique partnership with Swisse who then employ players in very well paid jobs..great management.

St Kev's has a very unique partnership with Swisse who then employ players in very well paid jobs..great management.
Don’t know about great management, it just so happens that Stephen Ring is an ex skob.

It’s the way the ammos have operated for a long time. The super wealthy private school old boy networks are able to generate lucrative employment opportunities for prospective players in lieu of match payments.

Premier section in the ammos would probably be the #1 league in Victoria. As an example, their rep teams have consistently beaten the EFL, and Vic Country over the last 10 years.

If you look at the top teams in premier, each would have 2-3 players fresh out of the afl, to go with several others with vfl experience. I’d imagine st Kevin’s would beat kyabram relatively comfortably.

Furthermore, I believe the standard of the ammos is going up, whereas he gv is going down.

Pretty much argee with redragger here. You have to look where majority of the Premier VAFA clubs are and they are in the weathly Inner East suburbs of Melbourne as well as the old boys society with the private schools.

However the Lower leagues of the VAFA had South Mornington travelling to one of the Geelong team which was the longest away trip in Metro Melbourne.

St Kevs have got pretty fantastic facillites, just a pity most people drive over the top of it with the Monash Fwy.

Greetings from the O&M. A lot going on here, unlike our boring thread we have going at the moment.
Curious, how would a full strength Kyabram go against a full strength Albury team?
I think Albury would have them covered this year, maybe not last year though Ky didn't cover the losses from 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think Albury would handle them as might Wang Magpies.

Anyone got Kayne Pettifer's number as he could tell us the answer. I reckon Kyabram's 2016/17 sides were stronger than 2018. But then Albury's probably was in 2016 also!
Looking through names on lists over that three year period I suspect Albury.

Well done on Tonny getting Mackenzie ryan as I heard Lancaster were wanting him a couple of months ago

Well done on Tonny getting Mackenzie ryan as I heard Lancaster were wanting him a couple of months ago
More so Merrigum I think rather than Lancaster. Threw the kitchen sink at him apparently but with Macarthy and Watt going to Tonny he probably felt he could get better delivery there.

Hey boots
What's young Heppell Doing ?
I see some younger players have left the hanger
Yes a couple of coaches have inquired to his thoughts. What his brother decides will have a big impact. I tell anyone that you play your best footy where you enjoy it, and most of the time that’s with your mates. However if a club offers you money you need to weigh up “Are you going to give that club value for the money?” and “How important is that money to you personally?” Different scenario for my lads than when I played; clubs would say to another club “If you take Boots we will throw in a slab.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back