Goulburn Valley FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young guns? Which clubs got some young up coming guns to be potential superstars of the comp. talking 18-23 here.
Loved watching Matt Shannon from bears (although maybe tat now) great young player who is honest and finds a lot of it.
Young fella for Kyabram #17 WhitFord was also someone who grabbed my eye. Anyone know from there clubs some guns coming through?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Young guns? Which clubs got some young up coming guns to be potential superstars of the comp. talking 18-23 here.
Loved watching Matt Shannon from bears (although maybe tat now) great young player who is honest and finds a lot of it.
Young fella for Kyabram #17 WhitFord was also someone who grabbed my eye. Anyone know from there clubs some guns coming through?

Wil Hamilton from Rochy will be a gun. Played occasional games of senior footy the past two years including finals last year, but I imagine he will be full time at the Pioneers this year.

Im trying to learn more about some of the young guns at other clubs so while I concede there are a few around, young Seymour hardnut Harry Wheeler has to be right up there. Very good skills,one touch player with regular repeat efforts at the contest.

Wil Hamilton from Rochy will be a gun. Played occasional games of senior footy the past two years including finals last year, but I imagine he will be full time at the Pioneers this year.
I think you will find wil turned 18 this year, but could possibly be an overage?

Young Kyle Mueller from ky, kicked around 60-70 goals as a 20 year old is fairly large for a small forward even if in the best team this year

Im trying to learn more about some of the young guns at other clubs so while I concede there are a few around, young Seymour hardnut Harry Wheeler has to be right up there. Very good skills,one touch player with regular repeat efforts at the contest.

Yeah good call there Lion, great family the wheelers in producing some talent. Wheeler, Hockley, Murphy were my top three for the lions when they played up here against my mob. Impressed with the young talent down with your lions.

Yeah good call there Lion, great family the wheelers in producing some talent. Wheeler, Hockley, Murphy were my top three for the lions when they played up here against my mob. Impressed with the young talent down with your lions.
Most definitely dees . I even go back far enough to have played a couple of games with Harry Wheelers old man up at Avenel, tough old school defender with his intimidating "Ned Kelly " style beard !! :D

Young Kyle Mueller from ky, kicked around 60-70 goals as a 20 year old is fairly large for a small forward even if in the best team this year
Yes and Tom Holman had a great 21st present Grand Final Day. Brad Whitford will be a ripper. Coby McCarthy, Tom Schumann and Cade Mueller all have played a senior game from this year’s U18s. Drew Barrett (20) could get a few more games.
Bailey Wileman (18) from Rochy has a bit of toe and good skills and played a fair few senior games.
Elliot Stewart is around 19/20 from Echuca and very handy.

Yes and Tom Holman had a great 21st present Grand Final Day. Brad Whitford will be a ripper. Coby McCarthy, Tom Schumann and Cade Mueller all have played a senior game from this year’s U18s. Drew Barrett (20) could get a few more games.
Bailey Wileman (18) from Rochy has a bit of toe and good skills and played a fair few senior games.
Elliot Stewart is around 19/20 from Echuca and very handy.
Geez I forgot the main shut down lad, Liam Barrett has just gone 21, I assume this qualifies you as up and coming young gun?

Yes he’s going to be a very fine player. Tat tried to lure him out to the kennel. You don’t blame them tho, has a bright future!

Good to see Shepp Swans standing their ground on contracted players . Similar thing happened at the Bendigo League club i was involved with a few years ago, 2 brothers playing with our club had already signed a contract then their Dad, who is a Bendigo League legend of sorts, signs on to coach another Bendigo League club,naturally they want to go there but we as a club have a right to hold them to their "signed " contract. ....neither one played footy the following season and there was bad blood. ....especially as the dad was a life member of the club holding his sons !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Shepp Swans standing their ground on contracted players . Similar thing happened at the Bendigo League club i was involved with a few years ago, 2 brothers playing with our club had already signed a contract then their Dad, who is a Bendigo League legend of sorts, signs on to coach another Bendigo League club,naturally they want to go there but we as a club have a right to hold them to their "signed " contract. ....neither one played footy the following season and there was bad blood. ....especially as the dad was a life member of the club holding his sons !!!
Unfortunately there is some doubt on the legality of the standard AFL Vic player contracts and it is only a matter of time before they are challenged in court.
I am aware of one situation where there is full intent to go to court shall the Swans and the AFL appeal board reject the clearance.

Where do we see the standard of the GV next year? Will it ever rise again?
short answer , very unlikely.
Long answer possibly IF there is a major overhaul in the thinking of the GVFL there targeted audience and their marketability.
As it is now , independent reports suggest GFVL clubs are finding it the hardest in the region to recruit players.
Which is also resulting in coaches shying away from taking on coaching gigs.
I assume this is due to the higher demand on players , the dough being offered in metro footy and the decrease in promotion of the league ?

coaches shying away from taking on coaching gigs

This is a big one I reckon..getting paid a P/T wage when in reality if you aren't putting in 30 hours a week then you can come up short. Its a pretty thankless task. I can assure you that its not much fun being on the back page when you have been sacked. In fact its pretty embarrassing. Not too many jobs where that happens.

Last edited:
See last post of 2017 thread lion. Swoopin pie was calling Campbell a done deal. Swoopin is often correct.
I’d like to think I get most of my posts correct silver But after talking to one of Blake’s close mates today I may have this one wrong! Any way we’ll just have to wait and see he might have a change of heart !!

Unfortunately there is some doubt on the legality of the standard AFL Vic player contracts and it is only a matter of time before they are challenged in court.
I am aware of one situation where there is full intent to go to court shall the Swans and the AFL appeal board reject the clearance.
Will be interesting to see how it pans out. I have seen one of the "contracts" from a individual wanting to leave. Interesting to say the least. Player never got a copy until months later, changes made in a different pen with no initialling by either party. I will wait and see the end result. Some have already obtained legal advice. But good on Swans for sticking up for what they see as a signed contracted player having to honour the contract. Just hope the paperwork is in order.

I’d like to think I get most of my posts correct silver But after talking to one of Blake’s close mates today I may have this one wrong! Any way we’ll just have to wait and see he might have a change of heart !!
My early info was that Blake was the bears first choice and they went hard at him. I think I may have even posted on here ? That info was also on the understanding Jarrod Best was going to be his close assistant. Since the best boys were signed as coaching else where all I have heard is that Blake isn't interested. Whilst the club has been met with 'no thanks' to those they have asked the question to and are now hoping to re-convince Brad .
Aside from this, in the absence of a coach other clubs in the area are all over their players.

My early info was that Blake was the bears first choice and they went hard at him. I think I may have even posted on here ? That info was also on the understanding Jarrod Best was going to be his close assistant. Since the best boys were signed as coaching else where all I have heard is that Blake isn't interested. Whilst the club has been met with 'no thanks' to those they have asked the question to and are now hoping to re-convince Brad .
Aside from this, in the absence of a coach other clubs in the area are all over their players.
I highly doubt Blake was their first choice.

Takes balls to make them calls swoop, but even bigger balls to admit when they aren’t true. True show of your character

I’d like to think I get most of my posts correct silver But after talking to one of Blake’s close mates today I may have this one wrong! Any way we’ll just have to wait and see he might have a change of heart !![/QUOT
Think I tried to tell ringo a few weeks back that there was more chance of Tommy hafey coaching shepp then blake swoopin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back