Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion71

All Australian
Oct 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seymour pre-season off and running tonight, really good numbers, a touch over 30, footys pingin' around !!

Spoke to a cats player tonight, they had about 45 on the track with a few apologies on there first night.
That really good to hear. Not sounding promising at Princess Park though

Keep hearing shallow draft and might be a couple of surprises like this.
In saying that do most people reckon as a player matures they become a better player? I certainly do and I think whilst something like this may not eventuate you can definitely see improvement in Lachie Smiths years in the GV. If Smith is better now in the opinion of recruiters and has a better overall game to suit a club, why cant it be done?
Its basically like telling a young bloke who gets delisted at 20 years old or never chosen in a draft initially that it cant happen.........HELLOOOWW Kane Lambert.
The variation between the comp Kane Lambert was playing in ( VFL ) and the current GVFL I'd suggest is a little more than significant . Whilst Lambert didn't have the benefit of playing as a rebounding defender in a dominant side , something that wouldn't be lost on any AFL club.
I'd be shocked if every AFL club doesn't have a scout in the region who would be providing a confidential report on any prospective player. However like Ringo1 , I think it being common knowledge that a AFL club is looking at far less committed to a player out of the GV is highly unlikely.
Heard from a number of sources that alot of GV clubs are struggling to attract any recruits , particularly out of Melbourne.
More money and greater profile in metro comps.

There was one player drafted from Country Vic last year. Be great for him but don't know who starts this stuff. No club has any idea who they will get draft night after about the first 5-6 picks. For a club to come out and say they will Rookie someone is a load of rubbish. They have no idea who will be left in the rookie pool after the draft. For instance if Billy Hartung was left Im sure clubs would be having a crack at a 23 /24 year old with 63 AFL games under his belt instead of a guy who didn't make it at Collingwood as a rookie and the same age. If they are desperate for a ruckman maybe but I have my doubts.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2011-12-13/rookie-draft-welcome-to-collingwood
Comparing 2 completely different players IMO, Smith may have matured since his 3 years out of the AFL/VFL system. I guess we will see

In what I’ve seen of him he’ll step up and be more than just a handy player Well done lions!!

Righto folks I reckon it must be pre-Christmas ladder prediction time. Based upon what we know, or think we know, on ins and outs at this stage put them in order.

This will no doubt change as further recruits or losses become public, but this is my early ladder order.

Shepparton
Kyabram
Euroa
Echuca
Benalla
Seymour

Mansfield
Tatura
Rochester
United
Mooroopna
Swans

Righto folks I reckon it must be pre-Christmas ladder prediction time. Based upon what we know, or think we know, on ins and outs at this stage put them in order.

This will no doubt change as further recruits or losses become public, but this is my early ladder order.

Shepparton
Kyabram
Euroa
Echuca
Benalla
Seymour

Mansfield
Tatura
Rochester
United
Mooroopna
Swans
Kyabram
Shepparton
Echuca
Seymour
Tatura
Mansfield

Euroa
Rochester
United
Benalla
Mooroopna
Swans

Still think Ky will b the yardstick, depending on retained depth their ressies won the flag with Newman at f/forward having very little influence.Shepp will take plenty out of last couple of years, Echuca big improver as well as Tat with recruiting (and our ruckman !! Lol), always competitive Mansfield to sneak in. Euroa,Rochy and Benalla to drop away and United, Mooroopna and Swans to have a continuing tough run of things.

How many were seniors or 2nds players, Undera did a bit of a raid on them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Undera got jake cormick who played maybe 12-13 2's games last year and mitch kyle who played maybe 3-4 senior games and maybe the same in the 2's. The hockey boys haven't played at mooroopna in 3-4 years and brodie hass didn't play last year and will prob be a good 2's player out there!

Shepparton
Kyabram
Euroa
Echuca
Benalla
Seymour

Mansfield
Tatura
Rochester
United
Mooroopna
Swans
Reckon you could swap Tat with Echuca Silver. Will be the same story with Echuca as last year, people getting excited but reality different. Though I did talk Tat up last year and their reality was different!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyabram
Shepparton
Echuca
Seymour
Tatura
Mansfield

Euroa
Rochester
United
Benalla
Mooroopna
Swans

Still think Ky will b the yardstick, depending on retained depth their ressies won the flag with Newman at f/forward having very little influence.Shepp will take plenty out of last couple of years, Echuca big improver as well as Tat with recruiting (and our ruckman !! Lol), always competitive Mansfield to sneak in. Euroa,Rochy and Benalla to drop away and United, Mooroopna and Swans to have a continuing tough run of things.

Confident on Seymour lion?
Can you give us a run down of the ins/outs?

Reckon you could swap Tat with Echuca Silver. Will be the same story with Echuca as last year, people getting excited but reality different. Though I did talk Tat up last year and their reality was different!

Echuca ins not bad , could be enough to play finals. All the TAC kids are staying so will play if not in VFL

I was under the impression that Wall, Walls, Ryan and a few others (McGough?) were leaving Tatura.

Kyabram
Shepparton
Echuca
Seymour
Tatura
Mansfield

Euroa
Rochester
United
Benalla
Mooroopna
Swans

Why have you got Benalla and Euroa dropping off Lion? Has there been player exits from these two sides? If they remain at the standard they were they will definitely play finals again as from my perspective the comp is dropping off.

Kyabram
Shepparton
Echuca
Seymour
Tatura
Mansfield

Euroa
Rochester
United
Benalla
Mooroopna
Swans

Agree with the top 6 Lion. I have a big question mark over Bears. No coach yet, Power gone to Rumbalara, gossip has Shannon linked to Tatura, Wong may be gone and heard Rokhar has been chased by a Murray League Club. A few small cracks opening up down there. Not sure if they will be top 2 ?

Confident on Seymour lion?
Can you give us a run down of the ins/outs?
Yeah pretty confident. Talking to a couple of recruits that sound fairly handy, forgive me for not naming names out of respect for the coach /club etc. Plus a couple of guys touted as moving on may be staying at Kings Park. .....hopefully, but nothing concrete on that at this point.

Why have you got Benalla and Euroa dropping off Lion? Has there been player exits from these two sides? If they remain at the standard they were they will definitely play finals again as from my perspective the comp is dropping off.
Just a personal opinion silver, im not aware of any big ins or outs for both. Benalla only just limped into finals this year and i just got the impression that they might head south, but im more than happy for them to prove me wrong !!. I'll be honest and say that I've spent the last 4 years involved over the Bendigo League after 8 years involved with the Lions then back now so i have been looking from a far to some point.And as for Euroa......lets just call it a hope for destruction for the old enemy of the Lions !!!

Agree with the top 6 Lion. I have a big question mark over Bears. No coach yet, Power gone to Rumbalara, gossip has Shannon linked to Tatura, Wong may be gone and heard Rokhar has been chased by a Murray League Club. A few small cracks opening up down there. Not sure if they will be top 2 ?
Well in that case scribe id have to agree, wasn't aware of the player movements, is Blake Campbell penciled in as coach yet ??. But yes, top 2 might be difficult on the back of that.

Well in that case scribe id have to agree, wasn't aware of the player movements, is Blake Campbell penciled in as coach yet ??. But yes, top 2 might be difficult on the back of that.
See last post of 2017 thread lion. Swoopin pie was calling Campbell a done deal. Swoopin is often correct.

I was under the impression that Wall, Walls, Ryan and a few others (McGough?) were leaving Tatura.
It is a very unique situation with alot of last year's players leaving , some being Tat people , and replacing them with players from other GV clubs who carry the risk of returning as well as additional points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back