Goulburn Valley FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blokes on the O&M forum had his brother plus another VFL player penciled in at Yarra. Be interesting to see how this one unfolds

Blokes in the O&M have Wille Wheeler joining his brother and taking Leigh Masters with them. People at Seymour are saying that the Wheelers plus Masters are a fair chance to lob there

Last edited:

Hey boots
What do you reckon about kyabrams co coaching set up .
I only found out this morning as on a silo tour. Actually in Dimboola Friday night a bloke was telling me all sorts of rumours about players leaving and how Paulo won’t be coaching next year; this puts to bed his stories.
Great appointment I believe. Good introduction to coaching for Sam, a very clever tactician of the game. Glad he is sharing the role as stand alone player coach very hard gig.

I only found out this morning as on a silo tour. Actually in Dimboola Friday night a bloke was telling me all sorts of rumours about players leaving and how Paulo won’t be coaching next year; this puts to bed his stories.
Great appointment I believe. Good introduction to coaching for Sam, a very clever tactician of the game. Glad he is sharing the role as stand alone player coach very hard gig.

I keep saying it...the job IMO is too big for one person these days!

Well Done to Brad Ryan and Mitch Elliot on being Joint Best and Fairest winners at Tat last night.

Oz
Any truth to a rumour i heard today your captain Tom Miller is going interstate to play football next season?

Full time staff within football clubs is going to become a must.
I think your right but I also think the AFL are taking the game in two different directions. At AFL level it grows commercially every year players are on huge salaries but the game can afford it where in the Country/Metro they are trying to kill money and in turn the standard and product and interest is dropping. Guys who committ to training through the week in heat in the Pre Season and freezing cold of the winter plus banging their bodies up on a game day and meeting all the other social and contributing to Clubs fundraising tasks deserve their money. It's on top of work study and family commitments. Find a happy medium for Caps because in some leagues it best they go up not down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think your right but I also think the AFL are taking the game in two different directions. At AFL level it grows commercially every year players are on huge salaries but the game can afford it where in the Country/Metro they are trying to kill money and in turn the standard and product and interest is dropping. Guys who committ to training through the week in heat in the Pre Season and freezing cold of the winter plus banging their bodies up on a game day and meeting all the other social and contributing to Clubs fundraising tasks deserve their money. It's on top of work study and family commitments. Find a happy medium for Caps because in some leagues it best they go up not down.
I think the O&M have proven that commercial growth is achievable within country footy, their marketability in most areas is outstanding and something most should aspire.
Interestingly they are able to achieve such marketability with few grades of footy and netball. Maybe 3 of each ???
Wouldn't surprise me if their turnover is 3-4 times higher than any comp in the GM region ?
They also appear to have a remarkable relationship with local district leagues .

I think the O&M have proven that commercial growth is achievable within country footy, their marketability in most areas is outstanding and something most should aspire.
Interestingly they are able to achieve such marketability with few grades of footy and netball. Maybe 3 of each ???
Wouldn't surprise me if their turnover is 3-4 times higher than any comp in the GM region ?
They also appear to have a remarkable relationship with local district leagues .

Having said that they are dominated by one club so competitiveness on the field is an issue for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back