Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine a board without being dominated by agitators

Interesting comment coming from someone who has spent days agitating about the quality of posting and moderating on this board.

I'm sorry that you don't like it, but the mods are not the opinion police. Posts aren't going to be deleted because they are too negative or because you specifically don't like them.

This board has many negative opinions of the club because the club has not won a premiership in 25 years. That is the root of it. Not a moderation conspiracy.

It's also ironic that complaining about the standard of the board feeds into itself. Getting upset about someone else's opinion so you feel the need to call them out personally, rather than addressing the actual content they've posted, is trash tier stuff that most people don't care about. That in itself lowers the standard of the board, the very standard that is often being cited as the reason for complaint in the first place.

This is a board with diverse opinions. It is not and will not be crafted to house only the opinions you deem worthy.

Interesting comment coming from someone who has spent days agitating about the quality of posting and moderating on this board.

I'm sorry that you don't like it, but the mods are not the opinion police. Posts aren't going to be deleted because they are too negative or because you specifically don't like them.

This board has many negative opinions of the club because the club has not won a premiership in 25 years. That is the root of it. Not a moderation conspiracy.

It's also ironic that complaining about the standard of the board feeds into itself. Getting upset about someone else's opinion so you feel the need to call them out personally, rather than addressing the actual content they've posted, is trash tier stuff that most people don't care about. That in itself lowers the standard of the board, the very standard that is often being cited as the reason for complaint in the first place.

This is a board with diverse opinions. It is not and will not be crafted to house only the opinions you deem worthy.
Yes, yes, that's all well and good. But are you, or have you ever been, a Collingwood sympathizer?

Jones said they’ve used it before, not every week
Like interpreting a Bible verse that can mean anything.

Honestly think you have been sucked into a 20 second click bait clip. Much like the Danger coming to Adelaide "story".

Lots of things wrong at the club, this ain't it.

If we lose on the weekend, this won't be the reason.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

As a coach I would tell my assistants we need to get better and if you are going to sit there and agree with me one of us is not needed

Although many years have past😜
Having 10-20% of posters as "agitators" (read negative whiners, who never have anything positive to say about the club, and who cannot realistically be called "supporters" as they offer no support) is probably healthy, and would make the board an interesting place.

Having 80% of the posters as "agitators" (as we have now) makes it a cesspit of nastiness, a place which anyone in their right mind would choose to avoid.

Having 10-20% of posters as "agitators" (read negative whiners, who never have anything positive to say about the club, and who cannot realistically be called "supporters" as they offer no support) is probably healthy, and would make the board an interesting place.

Having 80% of the posters as "agitators" (as we have now) makes it a cesspit of nastiness, a place which anyone in their right mind would choose to avoid.
How the hell would you know if “agitators” have nothing positive to say let alone question whether they are supporters when you have them on ignore?

Nothing positive to say and yet I’ve started a positive thread on our defenders for starters?

I just want to know who appointed you as cartel boss.

I want a ballot.
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that, George, was to carry Excalibur. That is why he is Cartel boss...

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis....
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that, George, was to carry Excalibur. That is why he is Cartel boss...

Vader tenders his 56,000 posts as evidence to support his claim that no person of quality would ever post here.

I don't know if I think 80% of the posters here are that negative but what is definitely true is that when the club is going poorly (or just lost on the weekend) you can post pretty much any crap and get a positive reception as long as it's critical of the club. This season I've people saying stuff like Walker is finished and should retire, the coaching group should be shot, that the club would win under 5 games this season and contend for the spoon, that we'd get belted by North Melbourne because of their elite young midfield, and probably plenty of other similar nonsense I've forgotten. Not to mention the standard 'I'm NEVER watching again until Nicks is GONE' stuff.

The environment is definitely much more enjoyable to actually discuss football instead of trying to outdo each other with the most over the top takedown of the club when we've had a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think if it’s that number there is a reason for it

For those who think bigfooty is too negative, there’s always Facebook.

That's the real fruitcake thing about it though. They aren't actually interested in 'positive discussion'. When those threads are started they're nowhere to be found.

They're personally offended that contrary views exist, and use every manipulative trick in the book to attempt to force people to agree with them, from claiming that they're being bullied to claiming that its 'ruining the board' for them, to claiming that we're all irrational to constantly squealing to the moderators.

Sanders new profile picture

GIF by Team Coco

Remove this Banner Ad

Back