Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Great: Soligo, Crouch
Good: Dawson, Michalaney, Worrell, Rankine, Fogarty, Keane, Walker, Hinge
Average: Butts, Nankervis, Laird, Sholl, Keays, McHenry, O'Brien, Rachele, Curtin
Bad: Jones, Himmelberg, Cook
Terrible: Smith

Also; Was I the only person furious about that pre-match s**t about violence against women? WE HAD A ****ING GOAL UMPIRE MURDERED IN A MALE ON MALE CRIME THIS PRE-SEASON AND THERE WAS LESS FOCUS ON THAT THAN THIS. As much as I'm against domestic violence. Don't play the ****ing sex card. ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE PERPETRATOR AND ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE VICTIM.
Agree that Violence full stop needs to stop. Ive seen women wacking men and men just having to put up with it cause they know they if they lay a hand on her hes in trouble for defending himself.

What to do with Himmelberg?

Insipid first half

Did a few decent things after half time

Doesn't feel like there's a clear leader out of him, Gollant and Burgess. All keeping the seat warm for Thilthorpe

Have to keep him in my opinion. Structurally we are better with him.

He is a better ruckman and contested mark than both Burgess/Gollant. Also being 200cm he forces the opposition to use one of their 2 KPD on him - which isnt something they will need to do with Burgess/Gollant.

What to do with Himmelberg?

Insipid first half

Did a few decent things after half time

Doesn't feel like there's a clear leader out of him, Gollant and Burgess. All keeping the seat warm for Thilthorpe
Has to play until TT returns IMO. As much as I am not a fan, his height and ability to take marks are just so important in this forward line. He’s either going to get the second best defender (leaving Fog with a lesser one) or they’ll leave him free to take marks and be a target. Forward line looked and performed so much better with his height and leading.

Good -
Port players acknowledgement of Sloane before the game, particularly Boak. Cant believe no one has bought this up yet.

Fog - played with real confidence.
Sog - wev'e found one here.
Rankine
Keane - I love this bloke
MM - Will be as good if not better then Ben Hart
Crouch is in real good form
Dawson
Woz - we've found another
Nank

Bad -
McHenry - too many fumbles
Cook - doesnt get involved enough

Ugly -
Port medicos - honestly WTF??

I think JHF has more natural talent than just about anyone in the AFL, it's always a question of if he wants it bad enough though.

I don't think that's a question on Soligo at all, which ultimately might be why he has a better career.
JHF is already an awesome player, but reminds me a bit of Buckley - a figjam

3 votes Worrell pretty easy I thought yet we have to look always at who touches the ball the most. Soligo deserving but Worrell was faultless and full of flair and dare. McHenry made me laugh and Laird's middle part of the game was limp - we didn't play as well as many think. Backlines and ROB yes forwards ok tho saw Keays 5 times all game it seems. Smith looked like the guy who carries water out to the players. Curtain should have stayed on if he was up to it. How could a human not say Schoenberg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McHenry Nank deserves great praise for such an inexperienced player. Cook meh! Rachelle was near our worst.. mostly no awareness far too often.
Nank not recognised as much as he should have been. Had a couple of tricky moments but so calm under pressure

Good -
Port players acknowledgement of Sloane before the game, particularly Boak. Cant believe no one has bought this up yet.

Fog - played with real confidence.
Sog - wev'e found one here.
Rankine
Keane - I love this bloke
MM - Will be as good if not better then Ben Hart
Crouch is in real good form
Dawson
Woz - we've found another
Nank

Bad -
McHenry - too many fumbles
Cook - doesnt get involved enough

Ugly -
Port medicos - honestly WTF??
I thought that was pretty classy by Port, especially Boak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Rachele was fine. Playing half forward is hard, very easy to fade out of games. Got a fair amount of the ball today, equal most score involvements on the ground, 3 goal assists. He's not setting games alight necessarily but happy with his performances.

In previous seasons he's faded hard after the first 6-7 rounds, so it's big to see him improving his consistency at this stage in his career.
It’s incredible the fox commentators forgot about his junior soccer career after that beautiful little kick on the wing.

When are port supporter’s going to realise there squad isn’t that great? Apart from there midfield and Houston? 0 depth waste first round picks by splitting then in getting BZT and Rat. There board thinks they have the best squad in the league only coached poorly, there dreaming. There is a reason why you kicked 5.18 you’re just not that good spuds all over the place!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back